• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

remember when you had to text a number to pay for a ringtone?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • Did anyone remember when you had to text a number to get a ringtone? There used to be a lot of commercials on tv about that.

Also do people these days even use ringtones/notificaiton sounds? I haven't in years. My phone's always on vibrate.

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
    Years
  • I remember commercials for texting numbers to get popular pop songs as your ringtone, that's so weird to think about now.

I always love having custom ringtones or notification sounds and I change them whenever I get a new phone, it kinda makes me smile whenever people comment on mine. My current one is the level up jingle from DPPt, so whenever a friend of mine spams me with texts I just think "Wow, powerlevelling. Must have a lot of rare candies" or something silly like that. ;;

I usually try to have my notification sound on during the day, but on silent when I go to sleep, though I'll usually forget to turn the sound back on in the morning. Leads to a lot of missed messages and calls.

Years
    • Seen today
    I don't recall this. I've never used a ringtone either. I started silencing my phone for class, and found that more convenient. Now it's on permanent silence.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Welp....I feel old...lol. I remember that and how everyone seemed to take songs and take 30 seconds of it for their ring tones. I did that when I got my first Droid.

The only time I silence my phone is when I go to bed or I absolutely have to. I always have my phone on me as it has my medical info and who to call if anything happens to me. That and if you call me and I don't want to answer I still get to have Luke Bryan sing to me as I have him for my ring tone...lol.

Years
  • didn't have a phone yet at that era because i was too young for my own good, but i do remember seeing ads for that!

i still do use a ring tone. i'm not the type who's on my phone all the time so i need a sound to tell me someone texted at the very least.

Years
  • My mom did that on my dad's phone when I was pretty young lmao

But nah I've never done it. Either stuck with the default tones on my phones, or changed them when I got a smartphone and could just use an mp3 file

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    Did anyone remember when you had to text a number to get a ringtone? There used to be a lot of commercials on tv about that.

Also do people these days even use ringtones/notificaiton sounds? I haven't in years. My phone's always on vibrate.

lol yeah I remember that, luckily I got wise after not too long and realized I could make ringtones from my own music.

My first phone was the Lg chocolate nice little thing.

I dont use them much now, mostly because I don't want to ruin one of my favorite songs, I still swap out different songs for alarms though.

Maybe I'll put some house music or lofi-hiphop on just so I can stop reaching for my phone when everyone else does because nearly everyone has the same ring now.

Years
  • i used to be super big on ringtones and i remember changing my ringtone like....a total of three times ever on my phone and 85% of the time it's on vibrate so i rarely hear it to begin with >>;

Back