• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 7, 2019
can i just say that walking through walls and breaking the game is really fun buuuut where is the update it makes me sad that a super great starting game that has potential and doesnt get worked on for over a year jus makes me sad, buuuut since the creator of the hack has a life i guess i can understand why it hasnt been updated since like 2017 i just hope that the creator will have a chance to finish the hack.... plz can you continue this hack it has potential as i see some greatness in this game

Years
can i just say that walking through walls and breaking the game is really fun buuuut where is the update it makes me sad that a super great starting game that has potential and doesnt get worked on for over a year jus makes me sad, buuuut since the creator of the hack has a life i guess i can understand why it hasnt been updated since like 2017 i just hope that the creator will have a chance to finish the hack.... plz can you continue this hack it has potential as i see some greatness in this game
The next release is the full game and I see a possible 2019 release.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 26, 2022
Yup! That's more or less what it'll be.

My full plans for the post game include more side quests (which'll likely come together to make up the post-game story), different battle facilities, legendary Pokemon hunts, and an in game randomizer unlocked by beating the league.

IN GAME RANDOMIZER???That sounds dope that will be entirely worth the wait if it is what i think it is.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
Looking forward to this little piece. I don't think I've played a good Pokémon ROM hack with DS like tiles since 2016.

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Jul 3, 2020
I got the Zygarde 10% and the game instantly crashes whenever I use it it a game.

Btw awesome game you made.

Delta231

A noob
Years
I got the Zygarde 10% and the game instantly crashes whenever I use it it a game.

It doesn't at my side. Are you sure that you are using the current beta btw the game is getting a whole reboot so that bug would be fixed in the new beta.

Loojaw

The laato
Years
funny thing: I'm probably the only person in my whole country to know about this hack. I can't be the only one, can I?

Last edited:

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
Years
How about including link battles in the battle tower demo for further bug testing?
Possibly. I'm trying to see if I can get link multi battles working in the Battle Tower, so that'll probably be the link feature provided.

so there is no possible date for a publication? I support the opinion to publish the hack only when he is 100% ready, so you can then play through directly and does not have to stop again and again forced.
But, release in a year or earlier? Can you say that?
Keep it up, I'm looking forward to it
Once it's out, it's out. I don't want to break compatability again. I really hope it's done in a year.

Keep up the good work! I'm looking forward to playing this when it's completed.
Thank you! You won't be disappointed!

I had hoped that there will be a surprise release for Christmas today :(
Unfortunately not. The work I'm putting into the new battle engine will make it worth the wait, though.

So looking forward to this game!!
Thank you!

The next release is the full game and I see a possible 2019 release.
I really hope so.

IN GAME RANDOMIZER???That sounds dope that will be entirely worth the wait if it is what i think it is.
I've never played a randomizer myself, so I'm not really sure what people expect from one. I randomized the Pokemon Spawns and the trainer Pokemon; is that what people usually do?

Looking forward to this little piece. I don't think I've played a good Pokémon ROM hack with DS like tiles since 2016.
I'm glad you enjoyed it!

I've never been able to replicate that bug myself in the demo, but it shouldn't happen anymore once that full game is out.

A loyal fan waiting for this hack :)
Thank you!

Cool

And another update on my progress. I've been working hard on the battle engine, and here are some of the features that I've completed so far! Unfortunately, right now the engine relies on Pokemon Unbound to function properly due it's reliance on Unbound's graphical assets. In time, the engine will be updated to stand on its own, without Unbound. The repo for the engine can be found here: https://github.com/Skeli789/Complete-Fire-Red-Upgrade.

Credits to Ghoulslash for the Z-Move atttack animations; golche for the particles.
MFtNk1I.gif
yxaejT2.gif
IpyyMlQ.gif

In the video above, the AI was given controller of the player, which is why I wasn't selecting any of the moves myself.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 26, 2022
Possibly. I'm trying to see if I can get link multi battles working in the Battle Tower, so that'll probably be the link feature provided.

Once it's out, it's out. I don't want to break compatability again. I really hope it's done in a year.

Unfortunately not. The work I'm putting into the new battle engine will make it worth the wait, though.

Thank you!

I really hope so.

I've never played a randomizer myself, so I'm not really sure what people expect from one. I randomized the Pokemon Spawns and the trainer Pokemon; is that what people usually do?

I'm glad you enjoyed it!

I've never been able to replicate that bug myself in the demo, but it shouldn't happen anymore once that full game is out.

Thank you!

Cool

And another update on my progress. I've been working hard on the battle engine, and here are some of the features that I've completed so far! Unfortunately, right now the engine relies on Pokemon Unbound to function properly due it's reliance on Unbound's graphical assets. In time, the engine will be updated to stand on its own, without Unbound. The repo for the engine can be found here: https://github.com/Skeli789/Complete-Fire-Red-Upgrade.

Credits to Ghoulslash for the Z-Move atttack animations; golche for the particles.
MFtNk1I.gif
yxaejT2.gif
IpyyMlQ.gif

In the video above, the AI was given controller of the player, which is why I wasn't selecting any of the moves myself.
about the randomizing yes but items are usually a thing too if ya can't add that it'll still be awesome!

gail

Having no limitation as limitation
Years

Thank you!

I really hope so.

I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Thank you!

Cool

MFtNk1I.gif
yxaejT2.gif
IpyyMlQ.gif

I thought u said no chance for z moves, xD

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
Years
about the randomizing yes but items are usually a thing too if ya can't add that it'll still be awesome!
That should be doable, thanks for the idea!

I thought u said no chance for z moves, xD
Yeah...apparently it wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be.

Z-moves in a GBA game?!?!?!?
Yup! And they work just like the real ones!

THIS GAME LOOKS FUEGO I CAN'T WAIIIT
I'm glad you're excited!

Back