• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Years
  • So Luke is saying that there's more to the Force than just the Light and Dark sides? That the Jedi had it all wrong so they need to go bye bye? That's what I'm hearing.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Trailer looks amazing instead!

Not sure what I make of the announcement of this new "Rose" character - don't want to see John Boyega sidelined in the long run, although obviously would expect him to be less prominent in this one given his injuries.

I re-watched all 6 in episode order (Phantom Menace first) and I always thought it was weird that the Jedi assumed "balance" in the force meant destroying the Sith. I'm guessing Luke is trying something else.

Loved the aesthetic of those Resistance ships kicking up red dust whilst heading towards the AT-ATs, hope that's a major set piece. They looked like they might be emerging from a canyon - hopefully that's the closest we get to yet another Death Star trench run.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I have pretty low expectations. I thought the force awakens was pretty cheesy. I noticed a lot of movies under disney are riddled with jokes and moments to take away from the 'intensity', but it was done to the point where I felt like the whole movie was a joke.

I saw rogue one recently and while it was better there was still nothing memorable or really enjoyable that I took from it.

So with that said I'm hoping this movie will try to be somewhat serious. star wars has always had little bits of humor, but let's not litter it throughout the entire movie.

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
    Years
  • The Force Awakens was just A New Hope rehashed but was enjoyable for nostalgic reasons.
    Here's hoping the next movie is something new and better.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Master Luke there are too many Jedis, what are we going to doooooo

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    So Luke is saying that there's more to the Force than just the Light and Dark sides? That the Jedi had it all wrong so they need to go bye bye? That's what I'm hearing.
    That's kinda weird, since that's the way the Dark side justifies itself in other installations. Or, the neutral side perhaps. The Jedi see the world in black and white, while the non-jedi admits that there are plenty of shades and that passion isn't necessarily evil.

Looking forward to this movie very much, and can't wait to see what the last one will be called tbh, if this one tries to wipe out traces of jedi lol

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    That's kinda weird, since that's the way the Dark side justifies itself in other installations. Or, the neutral side perhaps. The Jedi see the world in black and white, while the non-jedi admits that there are plenty of shades and that passion isn't necessarily evil.

Looking forward to this movie very much, and can't wait to see what the last one will be called tbh, if this one tries to wipe out traces of jedi lol

An article on Uproxx points out that we're very much running the risk of making everyone bar Qui-Gon and Dooku look like an idiot for having such a partisan view of the Force. But given how the rise of the Empire is basically predicated on the Jedi telling a 20 year old guy he can't get with the hot princess who's into him...they already look kinda dumb. One thing I thought the prequels didn't really diminish is how Han dismissed them as some hokey religion, they didn't half seem like they were too up themselves to notice what was going on right in front of them (I mean, if Yoda could feel it when Jedi were getting killed after Trump signed Executive Executing Order 66, surely he could sense all that rage in Anakin stood right in front of him?).

Also, my primary reason for commenting was to share this:
    Spoiler:

Reactions: Her

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
    Years
  • I was super disappointed by the teaser trailer to be honest. Some scenes looked absolutely beautiful, there's no denying that, Star Wars is always on the cutting edge in that front. Luke's comments made me kind of irritated. As someone who considers themselves a massive fan (I've read novels, comics, watched TCW and Rebels) I just don't think I'm majorly into the way of them going towards one group of force users. It would make sense for it to be resolved in that way if Episode 9 is the last saga film but if they have plans to do another trilogy after that then I'm kinda disappointed.

I saw rogue one recently and while it was better there was still NOTHING MEMORABLE or really ENJOYABLE that I took from it.

THE VADER SCENE!!!!!!!!!!!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Ok yeah, the best things from Rogue One were:
    1) They actually gave a solid reason for why tf there was a weird weakness in the Death Star to begin with.
    2) the whole last sequence, soldiers and princess included.

/slightly offtopic but meh

Her

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Spoiler:

Maybe not an anti-hero, definitely not a villain, but I do get the feeling that they're building up to some kind of conflict between Luke and Rey. After all, the Jedi are legendary heroes and if one of the most legendary of them all is saying "The Jedi were a mistake" that's gotta be something Rey will have to accept if she wants to get Luke's help (and Rey seems a bit headstrong to do that) or she'll have to convince him to change his mind, come out of retirement for one last job, which I see as more in keeping with the themes of Star Wars, that is, redemption and hope.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • I'm predicting that Rey will have a green lightsaber in the Last Jedi. Either by using Luke's if he dies or by building her own to complete her training.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I'm predicting that Rey's gonna have her hand chopped off, as this is the second film of the sequel trilogy, and both Skywalkers had their hands chopped off in the second installments of their respective trilogy.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • I'm predicting that Rey's gonna have her hand chopped off, as this is the second film of the sequel trilogy, and both Skywalkers had their hands chopped off in the second installments of their respective trilogy.

only if she is somehow a skywalker xD

I wouldnt mind it, but I think if her hand is chopped off, people will complain about Disney being unoriginal. Episode VII already had enough parallels.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • only if she is somehow a skywalker xD

I wouldnt mind it, but I think if her hand is chopped off, people will complain about Disney being unoriginal. Episode VII already had enough parallels.

In the words of George Lucas, "it's like poetry, it has to rhyme."

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Not that Vader was an anti-hero as much as a reformed villain, but Luke wouldn't exactly fit the the anti-hero status in the same way as Han would. Or rather, do you guys think he is being set up as a villain?

Latter is predictable, but that's not necessarily a bad thing in my opinion.

Back