• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was the last shiny Pokémon you got?

Years
It was a shiny Shellder a few weeks ago during the Shellder Raid weekend that was happening in SwSh. I was hunting for it since the odds were boosted for 5 star raids and I got it on the second day.

Edit: Just got a shiny Meltan in PoGO, been hunting for this one since they boosted the odds for it and this was my 3rd Box opened and I finally got one.

Last edited:
Years
A shiny Golduck from a mass outbreak in Legends. My only outbreak shiny atm.
I caught a shiny Abra and Drifloon roughly 30 minutes before it too rofl
Hadn't seen a shiny in a couple days and then 3 of them in a little over 30 minutes xD

I haven't hunted for anything yet in this game, all the shinies I have I just ran into while doing research tasks.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
Years
One of my friends technically traded me a shiny Clefairy from the recent Pokémon Sword event. Because I didn't earn that shiny on my own, to me, it doesn't count. Instead, the last shiny Pokémon that I have gotten thus far based upon my own efforts is technically Decidueye. I hatched a shiny Rowlet about a month ago or so and evolved her into her final stage. Although I normally couldn't care less for shiny hunting, I recently earned me the Shiny Charm around that time and also received me a foreign Ditto in a trade. As a result, I decided to test the Masuda method to get me a shiny Rowlet. After about two or three weeks of hatching, I finally hatched me a shiny Rowlet. Albeit I didn't keep track of the amount of eggs I hatched, if I had to guess, I would say I probably hatched close to 600 Rowlet before hatching me a shiny Rowlet. I only shiny hunt Pokémon that fit two criteria, which is that Pokémon must be one of my favorites, and the shiny form must be pretty or cool-looking to me. Rowlet was the starter I picked in the Alola games and Decidueye has a cool-looking shiny form. An old favorite of mine from the 4th generation games, I am currently hunting for shiny Spiritomb, which dons a beautiful blue and purple color scheme.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I'm sorta running a few operations atm. Currently resetting for a shiny Dracovish in SWSH, but I was recently successful in hatching a shiny Rookidee and randomly encountered a shiny Golurk!

….And I'm STILL hunting for a shiny Audino in an XY Friend Safari. Been doing this on and off for the better part of a year now, thousands of encounters, no shinies yet, lol. Pokémon giveth and Pokémon taketh away. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Good question. Ran a few Dynamax Adventures for fun last year. Remembered getting something shiny. Scrolled through the list of Pokemon in Dynamax Adventures. Guessed Manectric. Could not find one, though. Shrugged it off as a false memory. Placed a shiny Alolan Vulpix from the Max Raid event next in line.

Thought to check Poke Jobs before posting, however. Found a shiny Manectric training up Special Attack. Qualifies as the most recent by several months.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
Years
If memory serves me well, it was Surtur, the Shiny Magikarp I caught back in December, whom I evolved into a gorgeous red Gyarados. :D

Although... if fan games are included, I did find another Shiny in Xenoverse after Surtur - Blaze the Pepequeno/Scovile. Who would have known that I'd find a Shiny of the one Fakemon I would break my no-Fakemon rule for?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
Shiny Voltorb on GO yesterday. I didn't realise that once you transfer through HOME you can't put them into LGPE so I have shiny Abra, Machop, and Magnemite sat in my Sword box - rubbish natures, IVs, but would have been fun for that more streamlined game. Not making the same mistake with Voltorb and shiny Slowpoke!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
Buneary! That pink rabbit is going straight into my Shining Pearl team!

Years
  • Seen yesterday
The last one I caught was a Marill I caught in a raid den during the recent SwSh raid event, the first-and so far only-shiny I ever caught during a raid.

The Foogle

Gone For Good
Years
Just today in Blaze Black 2 Redux (a ROM hack of Black 2 with a lot of great changes) i did a hunt for a Shiny Snivy via breeding. After 24 EGGS I get the darn thing! It was a dude with modest and Contrary, (in Redux, shiny odds are 1/512 and most pokemon get their hidden abilities available) so i named him Donovan. Don't know if i'll keep that name, though. Any ideas would be great!

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen today
A shiny Gardevoir in Legends Arceus. I wasn't actively hunting so much as there was an outbreak nearby so I decided to try my luck.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Online now
In Legends Arceus I found over a dozen without even trying, no idea which was the last one.

In the main games, the last shiny I remember was a Cutiefly in Ultra Moon (random, I don't do shiny hunt). Don't recall catching any in Shield or SP.

In rom hacks, it was a Lickitung while DexNaving for HP EVs.

Back