• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Featured: Get-Together 13: The 25 Days of PC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
  • The 25 Days of PC, GT13 Event Volunteering
    Come one, come all... the 13th PokéCommunity Get-Together starts December 1st - 'tis the season!

Foreword

The holiday season is approaching fast and this year we're doing something a little different to celebrate the season with everyone! We'll be hosting this year's second Get-Together, a massive event in which the entire community comes together to participate in fun, interactive activities hosted by the community's members, for the community's members. This Get-Together's theme is...

The 25 Days of PC!
    Come December, each day of the year leading up to December 25th will be host to events created for and by you! We'd love to have content each day of the event! We've already got some fantastic events including a raffle giveaway of prizes including supporter ranks, but for the Get-Together to be successful, we need a whole slew of people operating the activities so that everything runs efficiently - this is where you all come in!

Volunteering

This year we'd like for anyone interested in hosting an activity for the Get-Together to post up their suggestion and specify their interest in volunteering. For the purposes of this year's Get-Together, it is preferred that any and all activities end exactly on or before December 24th, but your event may start during any of the three weeks between December 3 - December 24th! We will be scheduling content to be released each day of the event, so even if your event just lasts one day, we'd love to see it included and it can even last up to three weeks!

If you're interested in suggesting an activity and volunteering to host, please use the form below and post it in this thread.

Name of Activity (give your activity a creative name to spice things up):
    Length of Activity (can last anywhere from one to three weeks; dates will be assigned to you based on the length of your event at times):
    Description of Activity (give us some insight as to how people can participate, what it will be like in practice, and whether or not there will be judges + winners, or if it's simply participation-based):
    Other Judges Involved (IF your activity involves judging, please specify other users interested in helping you as a judge/host):​

Activities and events already suggested/slotted:
    Spoiler:

Remember that just because you post here doesn't mean that your idea is approved - we will be breaking down each activity and deciding whether or not to include it in the Get-Together. If an activity is approved, both the host and co-judges will be notified as soon as we get the planning forum set up and then you can begin planning!

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Let's get this ball rolling ~

Name of Activity: Egg Swap
    Length of Activity: 7 days (3 days sign-up, 4 days play)
    Description of Activity: Swap eggs, earn points. The player with the most points wins!
    Other Judges Involved: Forever!

I would do movie streaming again, but it doesn't look like I will have as much time as the last GT.

EDIT: Nica said yes! :)

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Name of Activity: Splatoon Winter Splatfest
    Length of Activity: It can run for two weeks, as I'll be very busy afterwards. So from December 1 - 15.
    Description of Activity: Participation-based. And...with the ability to actually have private and squad battles, it's possible to play in both turf war and competitive mode.
    Other Judges Involved: I'll be needing another host for this, so if anyone's interested pleeeeeeease PM me. :)

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • Name of Activity: Quizmasters Season 2: The Holiday Edition
    Length of Activity: idk probably last the whole 3 weeks or so?
    Description of Activity: Another trivia contest, with the theme tile be centered on Winter and the Yuletide Season
    Other Judges Involved: Quizmasters Season 1 Winner Rozureido; and random drunken passerby JonbyMustbang JohnnyMustang

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Name of Activity: Something something Fandom Quiztravaganza.
    Length of Activity: The whole 3 weeks I suppose.
    Description of Activity: Just like the fandom trivia stumper that me and megan held at the last gt. The only difference is it'll be bigger and even more stumpier. And maybe have some christmas based questions? Maybe? I don't yet know.
    Other Judges Involved: None really needed, but if someone else really wants to help out I guess maybe one other person to come up with questions?

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • Name of Activity: Holiday Movie Streams
    Length of Activity: probably pick either one night to marathon 'em or a few nights to do one per! either works.
    Description of Activity: gonna possibly hold a vote to decide what movies people wanna see, and then we watch them. Not So Hard
    Other Judges Involved: n/a

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Name of Activity: Pokemon Hunt (two variants; Wild Hunt, Egg Hunt)
    Length of Activity: at least 7-10 days (depending if it's well received)
    Description of Activity:
    • The host requests daily 'Wanted Pokemon'.
    • The 'Wanted Pokemon' can be a hatched Pokemon or a wild Pokemon with added prerequisites, including but not limited to, Shiny, nearest-IV total, caught location, etc.. Please note that, Hunt isn't limited to the core games.
    • I'll be calculating the participants' points daily. They are rated under this simple method, the fastest hunter to complete a task on that day gets 30Pts, 1st runner-up gets 15Pts, 2nd runner-up gets 7Pts. The three participants with highest total points on the final day are automatically the winners.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Thanks for those who have posted so far!

We hope a few more ideas come in before this thread gets closed ^^.

Years
  • Name of Activity: The Holiday Arcade
    Length of Activity: As long as possible for people to get in their scores, so probably 3 weeks
    Description of Activity: Just like the Arcade Event in the past few GTs, also similar to Matt's Year of Gaming. A competitive event where participants are given several flash games to play, and they post a screenshot of their high scores as they obtain them.
    Other Judges Involved: Juno

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Hey all! We are accepting event ideas for only a few more days! Please get your ideas in if you've got 'em! :)

Years
  • Name of Activity: The Gladiator Games

Length of Activity: Length will vary based on the number of participants, but most likely 2-3 weeks

Description of Activity: The first few days would be signups. Then, each person who signed up will receive a weapon, armor, and abilities. 48 hours will be one round. Each round gladiators will be given a task, fight a monster, fight each other, ect, and those who survive the round will continue on to the next round. The players would submit an action or actions on the thread which would determine their fate. There will be only one winner and one survivor of the gladiator games.

Other Judges Involved: None

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Name of Activity: Scenario Design Contest
    Length of Activity: Probably all three weeks, to allow maximum time time for participants.
    Description of Activity:
    Spoiler:

Other Judges Involved: None yet, although I'd probably want one or two others to make it fair.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Sun

Elite Four Lucian

Elite Four - Psychic User
    Years
  • Name of Activity (give your activity a creative name to spice things up): Santas Winter Dream Design
    Length of Activity (can last anywhere from one to three weeks; dates will be assigned to you based on the length of your event at times): A week and a Half. One week for the participants to design there graphic and a half a week to get it judged.
    Description of Activity (give us some insight as to how people can participate, what it will be like in practice, and whether or not there will be judges + winners, or if it's simply participation-based): The Winter Graphic Design Contest will be a contest for participants to use there imagination and creative skills with Photoshop to make a design featuring THREE pokemon a long with a picture of Santa Claus. These three pokemon are the participants choice of what pokemon santa may have when he is preparing to deliver presents. Participants are encouraged to use either Sprites of Pokemon, or PNG files, the participants name MUST be on the graphic. The design may be a userbar, banner, avatar, or whatever the participant may want to design.
    Other Judges Involved (IF your activity involves judging, please specify other users interested in helping you as a judge/host):

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    We're working through the ideas at the moment, so people are slowly being added to the Event Organisers subgroup.

Name of Activity (give your activity a creative name to spice things up): Secret Santa Egg Swap
    Spoiler:

Sorry, we already have one egg swap event! We might not have room for another, especially not one that lasts for the entire/most of the GT. :(

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Name of Activity: Who's That Pokemon? Holiday Edition
    Length of Activity: 3 weeks
    Description of Activity: Similar to Revise Librarian's "Who's That Pokemon?" in Pokemon Trivia (already asked for permission to use this idea) - every other day (? still deciding on frequency of new puzzle), a zoomed-in section of a Pokemon will be posted, and participants will try to figure out which Pokemon it is, then PM their guess to me. In this edition, the Pokemon will all be Winter/Holiday-themed in some way.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • Name of Activity: The Duelist Genesis - Yu-Gi-Oh! Holiday Fest
    Length of Activity: 3 weeks
    Description of Activity: Throughout this event, participants can freely challenge each other to a Yu-Gi-Oh match (via YGOPro), and gain points each time they win. There are no restrictions to who you can challenge or when you must duel, but anyone is allowed to decline a challenge if need be. Participants should report the outcome of all their matches to keep the scores moving. The person with the most points at the end of this event will be the winner, though tiebreaker rounds may be carried out if necessary.
    Other Judges Involved: N/A

I had a lot of fun hosting this during the last Get-Together, so I thought I'd give it another go! c:

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Name of Activity: Secret Base Design Contest
    Length of Activity: 3 weeks (two weeks to come up with a design, and one week for voting)
    Description of Activity: Based on a theme, design a Super Secret Base in Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire, take a picture, and share your QR code. The winners will be judged by vote :)
    Other Judges Involved: N/A

Reactions: Sun

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Love these submissions, everyone. We'll be finalizing events this week and if your event is accepted, you'll see the EO tab by your name and be able to begin planning! We've got a handful left to review, but should be done soon (so if you've got any last minute event ideas, pop 'em in now)!

Elite Four Lucian

Elite Four - Psychic User
    Years
  • We're working through the ideas at the moment, so people are slowly being added to the Event Organisers subgroup.

Sorry, we already have one egg swap event! We might not have room for another, especially not one that lasts for the entire/most of the GT. :(

Ok, I edited my original post with a new event idea. :)

Last edited:

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • OH GOD. meant to post this on Sunday but then fell ill and didn't have the energy to even use the computer until today. here goes.

Name of Activity: 2015 Superlatives
    Length of Activity: I'm gonna open the voting up the day the GT starts, most likely!
    Description of Activity: 2015 was a year jam-packed with Awesome **** In General so come over to General Entertainment and vote for your favorite movies, albums, etc! 8)
    Other Judges Involved: might recruit somebody else to help do this with me but I'm probably gonna end up doing this by myself which won't be too bad, in all likeliness

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back