• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

it's freaking cold

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
i have a closet full of blankets so i usually just raid that and turn the heat up. i have like 3 covers on my bed atm.

Last edited:

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
Years
I think it depends on what is meant by "cold". I do like mild winter weather, which to me, is anything warmer then ~-12C with almost no wind. The wind part is pretty important, as it makes it bitter outside, even if the base temperature isn't bad (the joys of living on the prairie). Usually during this "mild" winter weather, I'll wear my AlpineTech (no layering needed though) and a tuque. If I go skating though, I'll likely bring light scarf and little gloves.

Now, if by cold you mean -30C or something, then we're talking about a completely different story. That's when I'll layer under my coat, pull out my boots (rated to -40C), use a thicker scarf, and maybe even wear real gloves/mittens. If I have to be outside for a long time, I add layers to my bottoms (warm tights-pants-fuzzy sweats) and socks.

One time, I wore three bottoms, 4 tops, 2 socks, a thick scarf, wool mittens, a tuque, proper boots, and my winter coat and I was STILL cold. You really just can't win when the north wind decides it wants to be nasty and lash your skin, or when it's so cold, the air alone is enough to hurt your face.

Winter on the Canadian plains can be freaking brutal...

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
well where I hang out most nights is uninsulated and we just use a crappy portable heater to get some heat in there. I usually wear three layers, warm socks, a hat, and boots while I'm in there. When you're in the cold often you just become accustomed to it.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
typically avoid the bone-chilling cold by avoiding the outside altogether lol.

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
Years
Thick blanket, jacket with hood, heaters... and since I don't have a garage (well we do... but it is occupied by my father's car), I'm literally covering my car in a blanket to avoid scraping off the ice from the windshield in the morning.

Back