Life ūüĆ≥ Paradise: The Nature Club Page 6

Started by Hyzenthlay October 10th, 2020 9:12 AM
  • 130 replies
  • Poll

How would you like the Nature Club to operate?

VisionofMilotic

Female
Sootopolis City
Seen 56 Minutes Ago
Posted 12 Hours Ago
7,142 posts
5.7 Years
This is an interesting video. This young lady is like Artemis, the way animals are drawn to her. She keeps macaws, but takes them out to fly high about in nature. Watch her take them to the park to go soaring, and then they fly back to her. How they trust her. There's something about her spirit that draws even dogs in the park come up to her. It was something to see.

Name: Narcissus
Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

I got Haxorus on "What Dragon-Type Pokemon are you?" https://quotev.com/quiz/5077163

icycatelf

Alex

Age 31
Male
KY (USA)
Online now
Posted 21 Hours Ago
2,981 posts
16.9 Years
A bunch of Sunkern popped up under the bird-feeder and evolved into Sunflora!

Spoiler:

I also saw a bunch of Russula mushrooms popping up last month and got to wondering if they might have a connection to Foongus and Amoonguss with their white and reddish caps. (Some Russulas even have purplish caps, like Shiny Foongus/Amoonguss!)

Spoiler:

- - -

Here are those RealDex revisions I've been meaning to post for a while:

Bulbasaur: Replace second photo with this one

Spoiler:

Squirtle: Change to Turtwig and use this photo and caption

Spoiler:

Turtwig is based on terrestrial turtles.

Rattata: Remove

Pikachu: Replace with this photo

Spoiler:

Venomoth: Remove the swallowtail and add this as second photo. Edit caption.

Spoiler:

Though it seems to be based on toxic swallowtail moths, Venomoth brings to mind the also-toxic tiger moths which, similarly to Venomoth, transform from hairy caterpillars. Given its fangs and ability to learn Leech Life, it may also draw some inspiration from "vampire moths" (genus Calyptra).

Poliwhirl: Second pic should be moved to Poliwag

Onix: Add this photo and edit caption

Spoiler:

With a history of being mistaken for the remains of huge serpents, "scale tree" (Lepidodendrales) fossils bring to mind Onix. Based on its soil diet, Onix may draw some inspiration from earthworms. Its Shiny colorization could be based on green varieties of earthworms.

Meganium: Replace with these photos and edit caption

Spoiler:

Meganium's flower appears to be based on some kind of hybridized daylily. Its name is derived from geraniums.

(There are other daylily hybrids that look even more like Meganium. Take a look at the Love Struck daylily!)

Dunsparce: Add this photo and edit caption

Spoiler:

Dunsparce is based on the Tsuchinoko. While this creature has yet to be proven to exist, sphingid caterpillars (hornworms) have a history of being mistaken for the Japanese cryptid. Its design also incorporates bee-like elements, alluding to Bachi Hebi ("bee snake"), another name for the Tsuchinoko. Its poor ability to fly may reference the myth that, with their small wings, bumblebees shouldn't be able to fly.

Furthermore, Dunsparce may draw some inspiration from the Hoop Snake, a cryptid of North America and Australia said to possess a scorpion-like tail and, much like the Tsuchinoko, bite onto said tail and roll like a wheel. ("Hoop Snake" is a common name shared by a variety of colubrid snakes, including the Black Racer pictured above.)

Shuckle: Swap the first photo with this one and edit caption

Spoiler:

While Shuckle's exact origins remain unclear, some suspect that the Mold Pokémon may draw at least partial inspiration from yellow slime molds. Its Bug typing and secretion of Berry Juice are also reminiscent of shelled scale insects, which secrete a sweet honeydew.

Beautifly: Add "see Venomoth" to caption

Dustox: Replace with this photo and caption

Spoiler:

Dustox may be based on tussar moths. More specifically, the Japanese Oak Silkmoth, but the Polyphemus Moth above is closely related.

Surskit: Second photo should be moved to Masquerain

Masquerain: Replace the damselfly with this photo and edit caption

Spoiler:

Masquerain represents the winged adult stage of a water strider. In addition to its semi-aquatic nature, its helicopter-like flight pattern suggests that it also draws inspiration from dragonflies. It seems to draw inspiration from moths with eyespots as well (Masquerain's Japanese name translates "Rain Moth").

Leafeon & Glaceon: Use this photo. Replace with Absol???

Spoiler:

Karrablast: Replace with this photo and caption

Spoiler:

Karrablast is based on snail-eating ground beetles.

Ferrothorn: Remove

Cutiefly & Ribombee: Replace with this photo

Spoiler:

Frosmoth: Add these images and edit caption

Spoiler:

Frosmoth seems to draw inspiration from various moths. Its Chinese name translates "Snow Flannel Moth" and its translucent wings may reference clearwing moths. Given its tails and green-hued Shiny, it may also draw inspiration from moon and luna moths.

I've also posted some new additions on previous pages, like Eelektrik and Sandshrew if you missed those!

VisionofMilotic

Female
Sootopolis City
Seen 56 Minutes Ago
Posted 12 Hours Ago
7,142 posts
5.7 Years
Wow! The above Pokedex is amazing!

I was posting to share that I'm bringing a little garden greenery into the home this winter. One Christmas ago I bought my mom an indoor gardens kit with led lights. She wanted the system for the kitchen to plant herbs year-round. She liked it a lot. This holiday season she asked for some new seeds to plant in the grow domes, so I took advantage of Aerogarden's cyber Monday sale, and got a custom herb seed pot kit. The herbs I ended up getting were basil, parsley, cilantro and dill. I wanted to get some winter tarragon, but they were fresh out, so my mom said just get more basil, so I bought a few different types Thai basil, Genovese and Napolitano. I'm sure that they will all be aromatic and flavorable.

They have some very appetizing looks vegetables and fruit seeds too. I wouldn't mind the tomatoes, lettuce and bok choy, but she's all in for the herbs this time.

I got Haxorus on "What Dragon-Type Pokemon are you?" https://quotev.com/quiz/5077163

VisionofMilotic

Female
Sootopolis City
Seen 56 Minutes Ago
Posted 12 Hours Ago
7,142 posts
5.7 Years
Nature and travel guide website Capture the Atlas recently held a photo competition, challenging people around the world to take pictures of the northern lights for the year. The winners of the contest are theses 25 spectacularly beautiful images in the link below. It's hard to believe that some of the are real.

https://capturetheatlas.com/northern-lights-photographer-of-the-year/

My personal favorites are the Alaskan photographs of the aurora "Forest of Lights" and "Narnia". I also loved the entry from Finland called "Santa's Cabin". They are all so dazzling though that it's hard to decide. I thought I would share some majestic, awe-inspiring wonders from our natural world with the nature club.

icycatelf

Alex

Age 31
Male
KY (USA)
Online now
Posted 21 Hours Ago
2,981 posts
16.9 Years
Haven't posted here in a little bit. Gonna have to dig up some more past photos to share soon.

Nature and travel guide website Capture the Atlas recently held a photo competition, challenging people around the world to take pictures of the northern lights for the year. The winners of the contest are theses 25 spectacularly beautiful images in the link below. It's hard to believe that some of the are real.

https://capturetheatlas.com/northern-lights-photographer-of-the-year/

My personal favorites are the Alaskan photographs of the aurora "Forest of Lights" and "Narnia". I also loved the entry from Finland called "Santa's Cabin". They are all so dazzling though that it's hard to decide. I thought I would share some majestic, awe-inspiring wonders from our natural world with the nature club.
Those photos are so surreal! #1 looks like something out of a claymation movie. O_O

While others may look more "artsy," I think my favorite pic here would have to be #2: Murmansk. Nature & Landscape Photographer is also really nice.

icycatelf

Alex

Age 31
Male
KY (USA)
Online now
Posted 21 Hours Ago
2,981 posts
16.9 Years
Photos incoming!

Probably my favorite parasitoid wasp (not sure if Arotes amoenus or Spilopteron formosum), a Carolina metallic tiger beetle, an eastern comma chrysalis, a hunchback bee fly (currently my favorite fly), a northern Slimy Salamander (doesn't it look like the night sky?), an ornate snipe fly, a blind and harmless soil centipede (Strigamia bidens), a cobweb spider (Spintharus flavidus), a stinky squid stinkhorn mushroom, and a wandering glider dragonfly