• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

VPP's 2022 Pride Celebration!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024

HAnyUVU.png

WELCOME TO VPP'S
    2022 PRIDE EVENT

Welcome!

This June marks the 52nd celebration of Pride Month, a time when millions of people come together in support of the LGBTQ+ community by walking in parades and attending festivals. As with past years, you can also join the celebration virtually with us! President Joe Biden proclaimed June as LGBTQ Pride Month during a White House briefing on Tuesday. "I call upon the people of the United States to recognize the achievements of the LGBTQ+ community, to celebrate the great diversity of the American people and to wave their flags of pride high," he said.

So, in celebration of our wonderful forum and the LGBTQIA+ community members who dedicate their time and energy to be present, we honor you. Today, the VPP Staff Team has decided to distribute a SHINY SYLVEON to everyone who posts in this thread!

LW9JRuZ.gif

We suggest ways you can get involved, what you can watch and read, and other ways to celebrate the LGBTQ+ community. You can do so by donating to Pride organizations. The International LGBTQ Travel Association organization helps provide marketing support to LGBTQ businesses. And there are plenty of ways to show your support from home! We've listed several to get you started.

Hang a Pride flag outside your home.
    Place a Pride sticker on your car.
    Host your own Pride-themed movie night.
    Wear some Pride clothing.
    Join virtual events (like this one!!)
    Be an ally to your LGBTQ+ friends and family members.
    Support LGBTQ+ organizations in schools.
    BE PROUD

With love,
    Roni, Megan, Starlight, & Fairy

DOTiR3e.gif

Pride Heroes!

Fairy
    Starlight
    Shooting Star
    Devalue
    Megan
    ReKoil
    Eleanor
    Janp
    _confused_piplup_
    TwilightBlade
    Roni
    StCooler
    Whispy

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    And you can bet I'm signing up first for this!
    DNPIcz9.png

Isn't she gorgeous?

Years
  • Happy Pride month everyone!!! And tysm for the awesome artwork Fairy!!! ❤️

Spread the love, share the peace, stand with pride <3

Last edited:

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Happy Pride Month, remember that trans rights are human rights and if whatever pride event you're going excludes whole identities it's not real pride.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Wishes everyone a happy Pride Month. Hopes for everyone's safety during this month, particularly for those in places where Pride is not so welcome. (Applies all year-round too, of course.)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Happy Pride month!

One of my classes found out about Transgender Pride Flag today and we talked about LGBT+ a little bit. It was fun class.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Happy Pride month! Such a sweet idea! My work celebrated Pride month by bringing in rainbow icing cupcakes.

Years
  • Hope everyone's still having a lovely Pride Month! I'm still orienting myself with all the different flags and their corresponding designations, but no doubt I'm all for the rainbow~ In love with that Sylveon art too omg <3

I used to be one of those shits that used "gay" as an insult, but it felt weird starting in high school when I had an openly gay friend. Felt rather awful to keep using it as an insult, especially when exposed to someone who was happy to be one. The 180 into becoming a better person started there, and I've never looked back.

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen today
    Happy pride month!
    I'm a bit late lol, I haven't visited the VPP subforum for a few days ^^"

There's a book out there entitled The Biology of Homosexuality that I recommend to everyone.
    I had a friend who turned out to be openly homophobic. I told him to read some parts of this book so he understands that it's not perversion. He did and apologized later. I can safely say I "cured" one homophobic :D

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hope everyone's still having a lovely Pride Month! I'm still orienting myself with all the different flags and their corresponding designations, but no doubt I'm all for the rainbow~ In love with that Sylveon art too omg <3

I used to be one of those shits that used "gay" as an insult, but it felt weird starting in high school when I had an openly gay friend. Felt rather awful to keep using it as an insult, especially when exposed to someone who was happy to be one. The 180 into becoming a better person started there, and I've never looked back.
    ADt7M4Z.png

That's a wonderful thing, Roni. And I'm glad that you've been supportive of your friend and taken the time to reevaluate how your words impact others. Flags, orientations, identities, and everything under the pride "umbrella" is fluid and ever-changing, because people are incredible and always learning new things!

Years
  • Happy Pride month im trans to female so this brings a really happy sense to me im happy to be seeing this on a wonderful night

Happy pride month Whispy!!!

Since you posted here during pride, you are eligible to claim the free VPP, just let me know if you'd like to! 😊

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    i'd like too but i havent even posted 10 times im too nervous >-< am i even able to get it still if i didnt post 10 times?
    The 10 posts rule mostly has to do with people who make an account, immediately request a VPP in the obtain thread but then never post again. It's more of a managment thing. We definitely don't want to exclude people from events just because they haven't gotten the minimum amount of posts.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back