• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your childhood treasures

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
  • What are your childhood treasures and why? GO.

Mine would be my two small Elmos. These guys mean the world to me because I've had them for 26 years, well just about. One of them is actually pink because he had two many trips to the wash machine. I also tried to potty train him once.......yeah, don't ask. I WAS JUST A KID. ;____; So, anyway, he always fell into the toilet when I did this. XD

Zaheer

Chaos is the natural order
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Mar 19, 2015
    My Pokemon card collection. Then my Yu-Gi-Oh collection.

Then once I turned 15 I no longer cared for either. I miss those days.

Lucid

Ooh... My Pokemon cards have been lost for a decade. Am I the only one who remembers Rainbow Brite? I had the doll and sprite but they got thrown out. So did all of my littlest pet shop toys. I did find a bunch of my little pony stuff after I moved, but it has nothing to do with the cartoon everyone loves.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • My collection of small plushies and keyring plushies. Me and my brother used to cut off the metal part and play around with the toys attached to it - we have a whole city of those guys <3

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Pretty much the only thing I can think of here would be my Gameboy Color and my PS2. They both have so many memories in them, the GBC moreso than the PS2 because I've had it longer. That thing has been through so much that I'm surprised it even still turns on let alone play games.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Aside from Pokemon Cards, it has to be those dinosaur plastic toys that I used to hoard back in the days. Man, I still have them to this very day, albeit some of them went missing thanks to my irresponsible little brother who played with them while I was at school. Bah.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • I had a toy dog named Biscuit when I was 5 (and I still have him to this very day). My house could never afford/ be big enough to have an actual dog (because my parents wanted a big one) and I was given Biscuit for christmas at one point. Because I never had a dog, he was somewhat my substitute and security so I brought him every where.

Apart from that, back when I was in primary school and Beyblades were in, I had a really strong beyblade that would rarely get defeated and I treasured that a lot.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Mine most important childhood treasure is my polar bear soft toy named Polar. He's the cutest thing ever and I absolutely adore him, I would be devastated if I lost him and I make sure to always keep him safe so he can't get hurt. He's a really old retired model (I'm a soft toy collector so this is cool to me :D) and costs a fair bit now but if he ever got damaged beyond repair I think I'd pay to get a new one if I had to - he's become really important to me over the years.

Spoiler:

Years
  • I don't know if I can honestly say that I still have any of those on me. Everything is either from a little bit past my childhood, or I had to leave behind when I moved due to space concerns. Otherwise my collection of old care bear plush toys from when I was a young kid (young enough that I definitely didn't retain my memories of ever getting them) would definitely count. I mean, they're still there, or else they better still be there or I might have to have words with my parents, but I don't actually have them with me.

Sirfetch’d

I have an old Barney that I used to sleep with growing up. I slept with him every night from when I was a few months old to like 9 or so? He is really damaged, patched in so many places, and really stained from spilled drinks haha. I hold him special to me though and would never throw him away. I also have some things my grandparents gave me as a child that didn't mean much then but now that they are gone I really hold them close and keep them in my safe box.

Years
  • I still have a stuffed animal I got not long after I was born tucked away. It's totally unique in the world and was a big security when I was little so I treasure it.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    I have this Victini tin somewhere in my closet that holds tons of broken or damaged trinkets, some games (like a Pokemon Silver cartridge and a Ham Ham Heartbreak cartridge), some misc treasures like crystals, jewelry, Pokemon coins, and plenty of other things.

I couldn't tell ya for sure why I kept some of the things in that tin, but I can tell you exactly where every item in there came from and relatively how old I was when I got it. Every single one of the items are from different times in my childhood and hold some sort of personal significance now. uvu

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Most of my Pokemon plushies actually date back from my childhood. My first one was a Bulbasaur plushie, that was given to me as a gift from my (now) ex boyfriend. Why do I still have it? It actually has meaning for me and the life I'm living.

Years
  • A Buzz Lightyear toy that I've had since I was 4. My grandmother made me swear that I would never sell it or give it away. Here I am at 19, and I still have it.

Lumina

Lucid Melody
    Years
  • I have a wall of stuffed animals, maybe about...20-25 different ones?

The oldest two came together, a big dog and a small rabbit, tied together at the necks via a pink string that was broken years ago. I still have them. In fact, receiving them is one of my earliest memories.

The dog specifically has been through some shit. It's got a 10+ year-old crusting stain on it from a time me and my sister thought it would be fun to cake the kitchen floor in flour and then overflow the sink. I brought him in to watch. He got some on him. Still there to this day.

If I lost either of those two I would probably break.

Years
  • I have this huge card collection which I lost. But, I'm pretty sure its still inside the house. Better find them, I guess.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Well I don't have any of em anymore(this is a story I don't want to go into ;_;) but I guess it would be my Yugioh cards and the box of transformers I've accumulated over the years. Some broken, some in pristine condition, but it was a huge box, a might fine box.

Rayshin

Lurking to the max.
    Years
  • I have this Naruto action figure I bought from Comic Alley back in 2004. It remains my childhood treasure to this day, but I never did hoard it for myself, I let my little brother play with it nowadays.

Back