• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

name, is sheep bad

pkmin3033

I had these things drilled into me from a young age, so most of the time I don't even need to think about it. But my grammar deteriorates rapidly when I'm tired, in a hurry, on my iPod, or just don't give a shit. xD

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    In Swedish, I'm quite the perfectionist and always was. Not shy to try odd ways of constructing sentences or using full stops though. In English, I still make mistakes sometimes, and maybe I always will );

Bay

Years
  • When writing casually like now, I don't worry too much as long as it gets the point across. When writing in prose I try to pay more attention, but boy do I still make a lot of grammar mistakes after I let someone else look over a piece of mine.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I always care, especially online. I think not caring about your grammar and spelling online makes you look uneducated.

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
    Years
  • I care a lot about grammar in general, obviously it's easier when we're speaking about my native language (Italian), in English I think that I will always make some grammar mistakes. {XD}

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • i only care about grammar when i'm writing to be honest, really. capitalization mostly. i try to get all the spelling right, just capitalization i could care less about.

Sirfetch’d

I have good grammar while speaking and writing in real life, but I can't say that I do or even care online. Usually I don't read over what I type and it comes off as poor.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    I feel like my grammar isn't the best, sometimes. I try to make sure i have the best grammar as possible but still feel it's rusty at some points.

Reyzadren

Arid trainer
    Years
  • I don't notice most grammatical or spelling mistakes from me or other people.

...but whenever a mistake changes the meaning behind the sentence, yikes :/

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    my frequent lack in punctuation can make my writing very hard to read

Years
  • I invested a lot of time and schooling into learning grammar and I don't want to feel like I wasted that time so I think of grammar as pretty important. Like, the 7th or 8th most important thing.

MechaMoth

Eloquent Speaker
    Years
  • I specifically made the effort as a teen at the dawn of social media to speak and write with proper grammar and punctuation for at least a majority of the time. I try not to use any acronyms, either. Also, I write for a living and earned a Master's degree with an emphasis in writing.

It sort of bothers me when other people do not do it (particularly with instant messaging at work), but it is something that's easily forgiven at this point.

Back