• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

most forgettable pokemon

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
  • Basically what it says, also another revived thread. What are some species that you barely remember the existence of?

Years
  • 234.png

isn't it interesting how stantler is pretty much one of the most forgettable normal-types

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    Remoraid and Octillery. I don't think there's anything overly memorable about these two. They're just quite plain.

pkmin3033

This was actually harder to answer than I thought it'd be...my first thought was actually Binacle/Barbaracle, but that was my FIRST thought, and it's primarily because it's at the bottom run of badly designed Pokemon I don't like, so it's memorable in that respect. I actually had to think about this and browse through a list of Pokemon.

For me it's this:

621.png

Poor Druddigon. It's just kinda there. A mismatched Crayola Dragon, forgotten and overshadowed by every other Dragon, for good or ill. It's not a BAD design, like Turtonator or the Jangmo-o line, but it's far away from the likes of Gible and Flygon. It's not bad as far as Gen V goes, but it's not great either. It's average and ulitmately forgettable for it. I almost feel sorry for it.

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Volbeat and Illumise. I'm convinced they were only made to exist to take advantage of the double battle system, but even then... does anyone even consider these two their favorites? Does anyone even TALK about Volbeat and Illumise? I can't think of anything memorable about them, except that one cutscene in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, but even then I barely see anyone talk about them at all. Except this one person on YouTube one time who talked about their design origins being based off of "1920s fashion" or something.

Last edited:
    Years
  • If you can remember a Pokemon's name, then it can't be all that forgettable, so I went to the random Pokemon generator and kept clicking until I found something I just plain forgot about.

Got quite a few rounds in when Vivillon showed up, and while I remembered Spewpa, I couldn't think of its first form. So for right now, I guess Scatterbug is the most forgettable Pokemon to me.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • 234.png

isn't it interesting how stantler is pretty much one of the most forgettable normal-types

The very first time I saw this thread crop up on PC like a decade ago, someone said Stantler and ever since, I swear to god I literally only ever remember that it exists when someone says, "what pokemon do you always forget exists?"

Years
  • The very first time I saw this thread crop up on PC like a decade ago, someone said Stantler and ever since, I swear to god I literally only ever remember that it exists when someone says, "what pokemon do you always forget exists?"

it's some cruel irony that stantler will always be remembered as the most forgettable

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2021
    Bergmite and avalugg are kind of forgettable, as is cryogonal (though I love him). The one pokemon whose name I forget is Bruxish (but that won't happen anymore since I'm shiny hunting it). I think the donphan line is also kind of easy to forget

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    Heatmor because I couldn't recall its name. I don't think I've seen this Pokémon's name mentioned anywhere before.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • Deddenee, forgot it existed until about a week ago. An even worse Pikachu knockoff than Mimikyu.

Poppliojaz

Pokemon anime watcher
    Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2020
    Do you guys remember Finneon? It's one of the most forgotten water types...

Back