• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Christmas Trees!

Years
  • You guys and your gorgeous photos are really getting me in the mood for the winter holidays! What a wonderful thread. Here is our family Christmas tree from last year. We give the Christmas tree a name always in the house. This was Goldie.

We typically wait rather close to Christmas before purchasing a tree, sometimes as late as Christmas Eve.

We turn up the heat, light the fireplaces, my mother throws frankincense and myrrh into the fire to crackle, and there are candles everywhere and lots of baking going on in the kitchen. We use a real tree, and since we keep it warm for December we don't want the star of the show to begin to dry out before the big day :)

My mom also likes to have the smell of fresh pine in the house on Christmas day, so the trees tend to be last minute ones that have just been cut with that bright, minty smell. The price also often is very low because we wait so late, sometimes people literally give away trees.

We don't need the trees to be so tall, just fat :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    We always put up a Charlie Brown Christmas tree. (In addition to a regular tree).

Years
  • Never, because we don't have a tree to put up. I was very tempted to buy a smaller fake one, but I do have both space in here and a cat to consider...

If I did have one, it would be going up sometime shortly after Thanksgiving.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • We put up ours last night. We actually had to go buy a new one. Our other tree stopped working right. >< We always put up our tree the first of December and take it down the night of the 25th. :3 My tree is made up of special ornaments and decorative butterfly ones my mom likes! The special ornaments are a tradition where... each "child" in the family gets one ornament every year (we include the fur babies as well). :3 Oh, and our angel represents my grandfather/mom's dad who passed away when I was a baby. Long story short: I grew up being told he was my guardian angel etc etc. We always get fake trees because it's less mess and better for my severe allergies. We have pets, and the cat has a tendency to try eating the branches as it is.

Here she is~

Spoiler:

Last edited:

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
    Years
  • I'm getting a fake tree from that very nice friend of ours who gave me my pokemon guide book this year from what i know :3

That woman is always helping us out. I love it so much :D

Metriname

its metr
    Years
  • usually i put it up at around the first week of december, i like this year's one especially because all my decorations were falling apart so i went out to buy all new ones to make the tree, and now i'm a lot happier with the result.
    Spoiler:

Years
  • During undergrad, my roommates and I would go out and buy a real Christmas tree during the first week of December and sneak it into our dorm during the nighttime (we technically weren't allowed to have real trees). After we got the tree inside, we'd decorate it with ornaments, tinsel, and lights while blasting Christmas tunes on our speakers! Christmastime in the dorms helped to generate some of my fondest memories from my undergraduate years.

Here's a picture of our tree from last year:
    https://imgur.com/a/iNqHvot

The image tag won't work for me for some reason, so I just left the link in my post.

Last edited:
    Back