• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Here's my number - call me maybe?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    You're in a bar one late Saturday night and notice the most attractive person you've ever come across in your life standing right in front of you. You can see someone else eyeing them up from across the room and making their way over to buy them a drink and seduce the potential love of your life - it's now or never or you'll lose them forever. What's your best move or chat-up line to make sure they're your's?

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 10, 2013
    I probably would've given up the second I laid eyes on them buuuut I guess I could go over and say "hey you're hot," hoping that my bluntness and awkwardness will win the battle lol. Not a fan of pickup lines or moves frankly because I don't know any.

Years
  • "Would you like to taste the dark side of life?"

Rofl I've never had the balls to use any pick up lines before to be honest, just usually stay away. I'll have to try using the above line some day though IRL and document my findings. FOR SCIENCE!!!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • My mind would be filled with thoughts that would let me down...like "what if he doesn't like me? What if he thinks I'm ugly? WHY AM I SO NERVOUS ABOUT THIS?"

I just get really nervous. But he might be the guy I want to be with, so I'd go and start a convo with him, and hopefully he isn't that much of a jerk.

marcc5m

what
    Years
  • Nothing and here are the reasons:

I am too young to drink in bar.
    If she is attractive I don't stand a chance.
    If she is unattractive I don't stand a chance.
    If she is male I don't stand a chance.
    If she is a camel I don't stand a chance.
    I don't stand a chance.

Years
  • I... I don't know any pickup lines. I'm socially awkward. It'd probably be something like "uh hi you're cute? :D" and then the person would just shake their head and leave with the other person and oh look I blew it. D:

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • Seems like this only works the other way around.. I wouldn't want to throw myself t someone's feet like a piece if meat.. because a lot of dudes at bars are looking for one thing.. but I would just go over and say hi.. Though.. this isn't really applicable for me anymore .o.

Years
  • Nothing and here are the reasons:

I am too young to drink in bar.
    If she is attractive I don't stand a chance.
    If she is unattractive I don't stand a chance.
    If she is male I don't stand a chance.
    If she is a camel I don't stand a chance.
    I don't stand a chance.

Favorite post ever. XD

My social anxiety would get the better of me and I would do absolutely nothing. Especially if someone else is making a move; if there is even the tiniest bit of competition, I already lost.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • What I would do?

Walk over to the girl
    Pop out my DS
    Show her my collection of legendaries and shinies

Now jump start to a few years later. Married. Yup.

Khawill

<3
    Years
  • Well first of all I'm going to kindly ask the other guy to stop eying the girl, it is rude.
    Next, since this is a bar, he will likely get angry.
    Since I am sober (I never drink) I should easily subdue him. (Results may vary)
    The girl will have either left or stayed to watch by this point.
    If she stayed, I will ask her out, for I have done the most primitive way of flattering
    If she left, oh well maybe net time
    If she is angry because I got in a fight, point out it was self defense.

If going for a dude, I have no idea...
    I suppose you could get him to ake the first move if you are shy. Though I don't think a bar fight would be the best way to show how much of a woman you are...

(Note that this post is in no way serious.)

dudebot

Glowing Yellow
    Years
  • You're in a bar one late Saturday night and notice the most attractive person you've ever come across in your life standing right in front of you. You can see someone else eyeing them up from across the room and making their way over to buy them a drink and seduce the potential love of your life - it's now or never or you'll lose them forever. What's your best move or chat-up line to make sure they're your's?

Bust the guy upside the head with a bottle and assert my dominance to her as the alpha-male.

I assume we're all drunk.

The Grubby Pup

Where's mah shiny squeaky ball
    Years
  • I'll walk up to her and sang this...

♫Excuse me miss♫
    ♫But whats your name?♫
    ♫And where you from and can I come?♫
    ♫And possibly...Can I take you out tonight?♫
    ♫To a movie or to the park.♫
    ♫I'll have you home, before it's dark.(WHOOOO)♫
    ♫So let me know...Can I take you out tonight?♫

Just sang that...and I'll bet. *snap finger* You'll get dat number.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I wouldn't have a chance anyway; I'd just watch and see how it unfolds. If I had to though, I'd go over and compliment them on their hair, because it's the first thing that I like to compliment on. I'd also try to get into some sort of discussion, and if the other guy interrupts, I'd probably say "D'ya mind pal? We're talking here" and hope that he goes.

Back