• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: VPP Community DCC - Ask questions & chat!

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Autumn? Not a seasonal... so I have to at least point that out. But you know what? If that's ok with you too, why not go for it anyways? I love that form too, we're both born in autumn, and more posts gives you more chances to poke me (I guess). My activity hasn't been that great lately so don't worry about being behind, it's probably gonna be me who's late ;)

Haha, I can't complain with that logic! So, I have a couple name ideas, actually!

- Artemis: Goddess of the wilderness and the hunt. Turned Actaeon into a stag for peeping on her in the bath.
    - Rohit: The Doe familiar of Hindu Goddess Saraswati, deity of learning, art, music, wisdom, and speech.
    - Fliodhas: A benevolent, ineffable woman who could shapeshift into the form of a Red or White Doe (she also called them "fairy cattle" hehe).
    - Scythia: The name of a previously undiscovered land which a White Stag helped two Hungarian men discover.
    - Mordeo: Humans who committed the ultimate sin and experienced a terrible transformation on the hills of Elkridge Falls.

Thoughts?

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
  • Haha, I can't complain with that logic! So, I have a couple name ideas, actually!

- Artemis: Goddess of the wilderness and the hunt. Turned Actaeon into a stag for peeping on her in the bath.
    - Rohit: The Doe familiar of Hindu Goddess Saraswati, deity of learning, art, music, wisdom, and speech.
    - Fliodhas: A benevolent, ineffable woman who could shapeshift into the form of a Red or White Doe (she also called them "fairy cattle" hehe).
    - Scythia: The name of a previously undiscovered land which a White Stag helped two Hungarian men discover.
    - Mordeo: Humans who committed the ultimate sin and experienced a terrible transformation on the hills of Elkridge Falls.

Thoughts?

My thought right now is... wow~ lots of interesting names with lots of research to back them up, it seems! I need to let you choose names more often hehehe!
    Artemis and Rohit are the ones that sound more interesting to me personally but honestly, I think you should have the final say here ♥ I chose the Pokémon, you choose the name!

I'll just go and post in the "obtain a Pokémon" thread in the meantime~

Years
  • Oh you better believe I am!! That's literally perfect for me!

We've both got the Trade Cable so we can do both trades if you're interested. Do you want to do Sylveon for Torracat and Minior for Yamper?

I am a fool and already forgot the rules lol. One regular/regional trade a week, lol. You down for just the Sylveon for Torracat?

Sure.
    We could swap the other two in a week as well if you want =3

I raised these quite a while ago for trading and they've just been sitting there waiting for a new home for so long xD

Kinda forgot about it, but if you still wanna swap the shiny yamper for the Minior... it's been a week since our previous trade =3
    The nick I had in mind for Yamper was Wiggles btw, if still interested.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Kinda forgot about it, but if you still wanna swap the shiny yamper for the Minior... it's been a week since our previous trade =3
    The nick I had in mind for Yamper was Wiggles btw, if still interested.

omg YES! I completely forgot too lmao

Years
  • Couple more ideas for potential challenges, relying on mon names:

1) Types of Metal / Metal Mons: Pokemon with a type of metal in their name:

Golduck, Goldeen, Steelix, Lairon, Copperajah
    Legendary/UB options: Registeel, Celesteela, Melmetal,
    Just 1 letter off: Metang/Metagross (Metal), Bronzor/Bronzong (Bronze), Cobalion (Cobalt)

2) Counting with Pokemon: Pokemon with a number spelled out in their name (or in Porygon2's case, the actual number). Porygon2 could be a wildcard you can use in any of the languages if you're interested in more than just the English version.

-English:
    Ninetales, Arcanine, Tentacool, Tentacruel, Cubone, Porygon2, Linoone, Lunatone, Magnezone, Cottonee, Honedge, Litten, Hatenna
    Legendary options: Mewtwo, Phione

-Spanish (one, two, three):
    Gyarados, Ariados, Unown, Forretress, Cranidos, Rampardos
    Legendary options: Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres,

-German (one, two, three):
    Walrein, Deino, Zweilous, Hydreigon

Probably more possibilities with other languages, but these are already quite a lot.

3) Godly Pokemon / Divine Pokemon: Pokemon with the name of a god in them (Mons separated by a / are options for the same 'slot' in the challenge):
    -Venusaur.
    Venus = a Roman goddess, whose functions encompass love, and bunch of other stuff (omitting the rest of this list due to a certain word in it =p).
    -Heracross.
    Hera = Greek goddess of marriage, women and family, and the protector of women in childbirth.
    -Marshtomp/Marshadow.
    Mars = Roman god of war and also an agricultural guardian.
    -Ursaluna/Lunala/Lunatone.
    Luna = Ancient Roman Goddess of the Moon.
    -Solrock/Absol/Solgaleo/Corsola/Cursola.
    Sol = Ancient Roman God of the Sun.
    -Larvesta.
    Vesta = the Roman goddess of the hearth, home, and family.

Which is already 6, but additionally:
    -Gothorita/Ferrothorn.
    Thor = the hammer-wielding Norse god associated with lightning, thunder, storms, etc.
    -Shellder/Shelgon/Shellos/Shelmet/Helioptile/Heliolisk/Dhelmise.
    Hel = Norse goddess and ruler of the Norse underworld.

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Couple more ideas for potential challenges, relying on mon names:

1) Types of Metal / Metal Mons: Pokemon with a type of metal in their name:

Golduck, Goldeen, Steelix, Lairon, Copperajah
    Legendary/UB options: Registeel, Celesteela, Melmetal,
    Just 1 letter off: Metang/Metagross (Metal), Bronzor/Bronzong (Bronze), Cobalion (Cobalt)

2) Counting with Pokemon: Pokemon with a number spelled out in their name (or in Porygon2's case, the actual number). Porygon2 could be a wildcard you can use in any of the languages if you're interested in more than just the English version.

-English:
    Ninetales, Arcanine, Tentacool, Tentacruel, Cubone, Porygon2, Linoone, Lunatone, Magnezone, Cottonee, Honedge, Litten, Hatenna
    Legendary options: Mewtwo, Phione

-Spanish (one, two, three):
    Gyarados, Ariados, Unown, Forretress, Cranidos, Rampardos
    Legendary options: Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres,

-German (one, two, three):
    Walrein, Deino, Zweilous, Hydreigon

Probably more possibilities with other languages, but these are already quite a lot.

3) Godly Pokemon / Divine Pokemon: Pokemon with the name of a god in them (Mons separated by a / are options for the same 'slot' in the challenge):
    -Venusaur.
    Venus = a Roman goddess, whose functions encompass love, and bunch of other stuff (omitting the rest of this list due to a certain word in it =p).
    -Heracross.
    Hera = Greek goddess of marriage, women and family, and the protector of women in childbirth.
    -Marshtomp/Marshadow.
    Mars = Roman god of war and also an agricultural guardian.
    -Ursaluna/Lunala/Lunatone.
    Luna = Ancient Roman Goddess of the Moon.
    -Solrock/Absol/Solgaleo/Corsola/Cursola.
    Sol = Ancient Roman God of the Sun.
    -Larvesta.
    Vesta = the Roman goddess of the hearth, home, and family.

Which is already 6, but additionally:
    -Gothorita/Ferrothorn.
    Thor = the hammer-wielding Norse god associated with lightning, thunder, storms, etc.
    -Shellder/Shelgon/Shellos/Shelmet/Helioptile/Heliolisk/Dhelmise.
    Hel = Norse goddess and ruler of the Norse underworld.

Haha some of these are great! I'm gonna repost this for the other VPP Staff to consider too! We'll let you know if we vote to approve any of these Challenges! n_n;

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    New challenges 👀

Also, how many events have I missed now? 💀

Haha, it's no worries! Never too late to start up again!

Besides, along with Challenge suggestions, VPP Staff are also open to Event suggestions! So.. ya know, if you feel like you missed a bunch and can make a good enough argument / idea for a whole new event, staff will take a look. ;)

bez850

Professional Amateur
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2023
    May be a stupid question... but where can I find these VPP challenges at? I feel like I'm scrolling right past them.

And what are some fun ways to make the Stat sheet look good? I feel like just vanilla posting in it makes this more of a chore than a fun little hobby so I was having inspiration block, and decided to ask the experts!

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    May be a stupid question... but where can I find these VPP challenges at? I feel like I'm scrolling right past them.

And what are some fun ways to make the Stat sheet look good? I feel like just vanilla posting in it makes this more of a chore than a fun little hobby so I was having inspiration block, and decided to ask the experts!
    In our Rules and Guides thread in the second post there's a link that says "Challenges"; you click on it and you get all info on them.

Everybody makes their stats differently but it mostly boils down to a bunch of BB Code. There's also a lot of CSS being used, especially by those who put a lot of work into their thread. Be ware, though: the more work you want to put in, the more work do you need to put into it every time you update something.

bez850

Professional Amateur
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2023
    In our Rules and Guides thread in the second post there's a link that says "Challenges"; you click on it and you get all info on them.

Everybody makes their stats differently but it mostly boils down to a bunch of BB Code. There's also a lot of CSS being used, especially by those who put a lot of work into their thread. Be ware, though: the more work you want to put in, the more work do you need to put into it every time you update something.

Yup, scrolling right passed it. Thank you so much!

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    I kinda forgot but I finally finished my part of MissingNo. yesterdays. That means Starlight and I can do Tag-Teams again. :3

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    I kinda forgot but I finally finished my part of MissingNo. yesterdays. That means Starlight and I can do Tag-Teams again. :3

Would be up for a Tag-Team with you. Has not completed one with you yet. How about some Steel or Fairy type in-season, like Dedenne, Magnezone, Trash Cloak Wormadam, Escavalier, or Durant?

Could start a Ghost-type Tag Team on the 15th (Obon Festival) also. Agrees to anything besides Gourgeist, Froslass, and Palossand (and their pre-evolutions) on that front.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    Would be up for a Tag-Team with you. Has not completed one with you yet. How about some Steel or Fairy type in-season, like Dedenne, Magnezone, Trash Cloak Wormadam, Escavalier, or Durant?

Could start a Ghost-type Tag Team on the 15th (Obon Festival) also. Agrees to anything besides Gourgeist, Froslass, and Palossand (and their pre-evolutions) on that front.
    Magnezone sounds alright. I may not be up to speed with posting and not into min/maxing points and stuff and wouldn't want to wait. So if you want someone to do the Obon Festival with then you may ask someone else, though. ^^"

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Magnezone sounds alright. I may not be up to speed with posting and not into min/maxing points and stuff and wouldn't want to wait. So if you want someone to do the Obon Festival with then you may ask someone else, though. ^^"

No worries. Is not racing towards anything. Hardly considers waiting six days to be optimal either. "Wastes" a lot of posts in that timespan. Will post in the Obtain thread shortly.

The Foogle

Gone For Good
    Years
  • I have a few questions about VPPs. When my Snivy hatches, will i be told what post number is required for it to evolve into a Servine? And will i be notified if i recieve any points in the future? What can i use said points on?

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    I have a few questions about VPPs. When my Snivy hatches, will i be told what post number is required for it to evolve into a Servine? And will i be notified if i recieve any points in the future? What can i use said points on?

Will not notify you when Snivy hatches, any evolutions, or when you reach level 100. Provides that information as a holdover of the old Pokemon Elite 2000 system. Tracked every little detail there, apparently. Exists largely as flavor text now.

Awards the 70 points for Serperior immediately, not at level 100. Earns more points by obtaining more Pokemon, completing challenges, obtaining medals, every five ribbons, and for most events. Finds more information on challenges, medals, and ribbons in the guide by clicking on the various tabs.

Sells items at the PokeMart. Mainly allows you to acquire different forms of Pokemon, such as regional forms, Mega Evolutions, and Furfrou cuts. Contains some other upgrades like the Rainbow Stone (better shiny odds) and the Link Cable (trading with others) as well. Costs quite a few points for most items.

Back