• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC Reviewing Challenge '11: Now with 10% more officialness!

bobandbill

one more time
Years
On that note people, the emblem has already been uploaded. \o/

And it's the 1st over here already, so I guess I can start! Good luck to all!

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
Years
And it's the 1st over here already, so I guess I can start!
You folks from the future have all the luck. :P

I'm ready and rearing to go. Just five more hours and February begins in EST!

Maybe we could sticky this thread on the main FF&W page, so people learn that they can contact us and make requests?

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
Years
I'm ready and rearing to go. Just five more hours and February begins in EST!
Why I ever moved to the past I shall never know...

That said, February's now official in the UK and earlier! I'll most likely be posting my reviews on the weekends because that's when I'll have the most time. :D

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
I'm ready! Although mother nature may have something to say about it. There's an ice storm/nasty winter mix on its way where I live. It's supposed to last about two days, and they're already forseeing mass power outages around the neighborhoods.

D:

Same here, actually. I love it. I turned on the news today, and they were like, "OH HEY, GUYS. YOU SEE THIS MASSIVE SWATCH OF ABOUT THREE-QUARTERS OF THE ENTIRE COUNTRY COLORED IN BLUE? THOSE PEOPLE ARE GOING TO GET POSSIBLY THE BIGGEST SNOW/RAINSTORM IN HISTORY." I feel like this is the prologue to some kind of really cheesy 90's environmentalist movie.

...So I'm stockpiling stories to review in case the internet goes down. Because my priorities are totally straight.

Good luck to those of you already in Februaryland! I've got three and a half hours to go over on this tiny sliver of the planet, so I'll be sitting back and watching the rest of you flail like omens from the future. And that analogy made sense in my head, I swear.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I'm also in that magical land of snow and ice and doom, so I might also lose power. My reviews might be delayed. Along that note, I also will be going through reviews quickly in the beginning because I have eight days in February where I'm just pointless, so I have to catch up somewhere.

One-and-a-half more hours to go for me, but I'm probably not going to start tonight. I'm sick with a cold still.

Good luck to the reviewers! And best of luck to those poor unfortunate souls known as our victims, the writers.

Page 2 plays Twister in 2012. It's an Inconvenient Truth.

Scytheteen

What is mine is yours
Years
  • Age 29
  • NY
  • Seen Jan 29, 2014
Only five more minutes for me! But I'll not start until sometime tomorrow afternoon though.

And to everyone, don't forget about ou poetry section! It's always got some good poems in there, but little reviews! Prime for zee pickin!

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
Side note of warning, kids! If you find anything that could potentially be closed down due to rulebreaking (e.g., trollfics or "this is a placeholder for my story lol!!!1") or moved out of the forum, reviews for these will not count towards your goal. This is to encourage people to use the report post button instead of going, "OMG DUDE UR FIC IS GONNA BE CLOSED/MOVED/BALEETED." Also, it's sort of hard to review a fic that isn't a fic, so... yeah.

(And why, no, I didn't have to bring this up because I might've found something relevant.)

Bay

Years
Wee, Review Challenge is here! :D

Urgh, I actually can't start review until later tonight. Was busy with something else in another forum for most of the morning and I actually need to leave for work in a few minutes. But I should get at least one review tonight!

The only other thing stopping me from doing the reviews tonight is if my sister needs to use my computer tonight (her computer's video/graphic card got busted and my dad's friend who is suppose to give us one haven't gotten back to us yet >.>; ). D: Hopefully one should be up from me tonight!

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Side note of warning, kids! If you find anything that could potentially be closed down due to rulebreaking (e.g., trollfics or "this is a placeholder for my story lol!!!1") or moved out of the forum, reviews for these will not count towards your goal. This is to encourage people to use the report post button instead of going, "OMG DUDE UR FIC IS GONNA BE CLOSED/MOVED/BALEETED." Also, it's sort of hard to review a fic that isn't a fic, so... yeah.

(And why, no, I didn't have to bring this up because I might've found something relevant.)
I wish I could make this blink to attract more attention.

Pretty much report fics that could break the rules. Don't review. Otherwise, the mod pair will side-eye you.

And I spent much of the day shoveling, working, and coughing so hard I'm about to pass out. But tomorrow (if I still have power) I'll get started on the reviews. Would have done one tonight, but I'll be coming home later than usual.

txteclipse

The Last
Years
*Looks at date*

*Looks at clock*

*Looks at Review Challenge*

Oh. Right. >_>

Yeah, I do believe I shall be getting a late start on this as well unless I wake up at three in the morning like I suspect I will. Oh well, I can do two tomorrow, right? RIGHT? Right.

Bay

Years
::waits for reviews...::

::contemplates leaving random reviews::

I've already RESPONDED to a review, but I don't think that counts.
You don't have to wait for reviews, you can review the fics yourself. The purpose of the challenge is to bring in some reviews to the fanfic section.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Just a small note, everyone: the emblem has been edited into the first post. Go ahead and see the snazzy thing.

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Hear my roar! (Hypothetically, since you can't hear a person through a forum).

I just returned today from a long absence. And what better way to get back in then by doing reviews (amirite? [sic])

Name: Feign
Best Way To Contact: VM/PM
Reviewing Style: I suppose it might depend on the story itself, but I do tend to focus on continuity (plot), characterization (realism) and smaller things like grammar and spelling.
Custom Challenge Rules: Late start!! wooo
Request Queue:
Completed Reviews:

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
Unfortunate reason to update, but I just added something to the first post concerning that blacklist I'd mentioned in the reviewee part of the rules. Remember, kids. Just because it's concrit doesn't mean it's worthy of flipping out over. Chill out, and we can pretty much be a happy family. A real one. Not, like, creepy Stepford happy where everyone just pretends they love everything everyone else does.

But in the meantime, it's throwing an extra rule in there for those of you tackling the poetry section as part of your challenge.

Also! We're almost to the halfway mark! Who's not crazy yet? Show of hands!

Bay

Years
Unfortunate reason to update, but I just added something to the first post concerning that blacklist I'd mentioned in the reviewee part of the rules. Remember, kids. Just because it's concrit doesn't mean it's worthy of flipping out over. Chill out, and we can pretty much be a happy family. A real one. Not, like, creepy Stepford happy where everyone just pretends they love everything everyone else does.
LOL, would be cool if that's the case, though. :P

And I'm not crazy yet! *raises hand* I'm able to keep up the pace for now. I might try to tackle a couple works that have a few chapters in already over the weekend, though. Let's hope my parents won't keep asking me to do chores around the house, haha.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
And now I'm reminded of the time I skipped across the lunchroom at my school singing "We Are Family".

I'm not going crazy, in terms of the reviewing challenge. I'm ahead of schedule a bit, thanks in part to me once doing multiple reviews in one day. It also helped that my workplace cut hours. So I've had some time to play around.

Like EmeraldSky, it's sometimes difficult to find something to review some days. Either I reviewed it or someone that I share thoughts with already said what I could say, and my review would just be all "What they said!"

I've found, though, that thanks to us running around reviewing stories, that people are updating more. That helps with the challenge, because it means that (for me at least) there's new chapters of fics that I enjoyed and reviewed to review again.

Maybe I'll step into the Poetry section. It's been a while since I reviewed poetry, but apparently they need some help in there.

Back