• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What book are you currently reading?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Shoot!

After my backlog of games to finish, haha, I want to start reading Harry Potter and the Cursed Child at last.

Vragon

I don't really have any books on my list/currently reading. Though I might give "the Symarillion" a try. I like the series and I'm trying to get wide inspiration for when I get Skyrim for Switch WHICH I BETTER HAVE BY THEN and learn the story to make a generation sequel. Head cannon goes big boom!

Bay

Years
  • I've so far read the first five chapters of Neil Gaiman's American Gods as I'm hoping I'll be able to read the whole book before the tv series premiere. I'm very interested in the concept, but there's this one pretty steamy scene at the end of the first chapter that I'm kinda scratching my head at the moment lol. Also read a bit of Lin Manuel's Hamilton: The Revolution which has some nice facts how the broadway musical was made and the lyrics too.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • I'm semi-ashamed to admit that I am reading The Hobbit for the first time in my life. I'm about two thirds of the way through, and already I'm beginning to wonder just how many of my various fandoms have been inspired by it. I have not watched the movies yet, but I plan to upon finishing the book.

Years
  • Damn I've forgotten again about The Cursed Child. But right now I'm reading Game of Thrones. Yes, I've said reading.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I've got a bunch of books I wanna start, but at the moment I'm working my way through The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson. It's a 1000 pages of confusing names, which is why I put it down quite quickly at first. After having picked it back up recently, though, I've been going at quite a steady page.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Just finished last night A Swiftly Tilting Planet by Madeleine L'Engle. I really didn't enjoy it as much as I enjoyed A Wrinkle In Time and A Wind In the Door. The plot was just...boggling at points.

Now I've picked up reading Hitchhiker's Guide To the Galaxy by Douglas Adams. It's a fun ride and a quick read.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I'm going to start on either war and peace or Leviathan after I finish up thus spake zarathustra

ImMrRoboto

That's MISTER Roboto to you!
    Years
  • I've been reading Lord of The Rings recently, and right now I'm at the end of part one of Return of the King. After I'm done, I might give Silmarillion a go.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
  • I've been reading Lord of The Rings recently, and right now I'm at the end of part one of Return of the King. After I'm done, I might give Silmarillion a go.

Yes! Read the Silmarillion! That is, read the Silmarillion if you know what you're getting into. It's more like an Elvish version of the Bible than a novel. If you're seriously interested in the long history of Middle Earth and Tolkien's superb body of legends, absolutely read it because it's fascinating. Otherwise, it'll be a slog.

Right now I'm reading Patrick Rothfuss's The Wise Man's Fear, which is the sequel to The Name of the Wind (or you might say the continuation to an incomplete story, rather than 'sequel'). It's a real page-turner with some terrific fantasy ideas.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
  • It gets better about halfway through, once you get into the tales of Hurin and Turin Turambar, but before then, it's information overload.

I generally agree that the second half is better, but one caveat to that: If you like creation myths, the very beginning of the Silmarillion is great. For a number of Christians I know the beginning is actually their favorite part, even the only part they like for some of them.

Years
  • Currently reading A Song Ice and Fire, this series has become my favourite of all time and I'm not even on book four yet. Martin writes seriously well and I can't put the books down half the time.

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years
  • Currently reading A Song Ice and Fire, this series has become my favourite of all time and I'm not even on book four yet. Martin writes seriously well and I can't put the books down half the time.

Great series! The way he describes settings and tiny details sets up such an intricate world.

I just finished Harry Potter and the Cursed Child last night. Definitely unlike the mainstream Potter books, but entertaining. Lots of twists and turns, that's for sure.

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
    Years
  • I'm reading the Daggers and Steele series. It's pretty cool, a steampunk era fantasy crossed with Brooklyn Nine Nine.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • My girlfriend is forcing me to start in on the house of night series after I bought her the first 8 of them at half priced books. She always talks about them so I'm interested to see how it goes.

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
  • Recently finished reading American Gods by Neil Gaiman in about 2ish weeks. Got myself Hellblazer: War Lord by John Shirley, based on the DC comic series of the same name which I'm quite excited to read. I have ordered Hellblazer: Subterranean by Tim Bradstreet too so I'm waiting for that to arrive in the post, maybe next week.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Finally hit up half priced books again. Bought a Japanese cookbook that I've been reading through, because I'm weird. Also just got started on a wrinkle in time for a more normal pick.

Back