• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Post here if you've been around dogs more than cats

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
My own challenge to the 'cats are the greatest creation' thread :U

I have lived with a dog for 11 years now and haven't really lived with any cats in comparison.

Said dog has been a really awesome friend for me all these years too. I am forever grateful to him <3

ALL HAIL OUR WONDERFUL CANINE FRIENDS!!!! >D
Come at me cat lovers. (don't worry i still love you all too. I respect all the cute and cuddly animals of this planet! :3 i love cute things and i love it when other people love them in general)

Years
I love dogs always forever.

Here's Sophie the dog curled in a bundle:
Spoiler:

LadyJirachu

Years
I've met a lot of other dogs from walking my own dog over the years too :)

Having a just one dog can help you meet other peoples dogs 'cuz all dogs need to go out for walks! :3 Its great xD You get to be around animals so much when you have a dog.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Only ever owned a dog, not a cat. I like cats generally but I just prefer dogs given that experience and getting less scratches or whatnot from them.

He's still around but with my parents/sister, and getting pretty old. Whippet, so he was pretty darn fast when younger.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
dogs are beautiful creatures and i always smile when i see one walking around because how could you not those little bundles of joy.

Years
Dogs are so cute. They are beautiful on the outside and inside. They are so diverse in appearance and temperament. They have benefitted humanity for millennia,offering companionship and protection. They can be rescue dogs to somebody lost in the frozen wilderness, help the police, work as service dogs for the blind and disabled, protect livestock from predators. They are one of the smartest animals in the world. Respect the dog! They deserve it! Folks who say they don't like dogs ought to shoe some gratitude for all that they do.

I have known labradors, collies, Irish setters, daschunds, bassset hounds, pit bulls, boxers, German Shepherds, Chows, blood hounds, Yorkies and more over the years, and having reecued pets from Aarf, the Humane Society and the streets. Right now I live with a gentle, big loving Great Pyrenees. He looks like a baby seal with his cloud-white fur, and dark, soulful eyes. The golden retriever had been my favorite dog, until I met this sweetheart.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
I've been living with a bunch of dogs for years. Shih Tzus, Pomeranians, Yorkshire Terriers, a Jack Russel Terrier among others. We love them all here in our household.

Years
I grew up around dogs, yeah. My parents always had around 4 or 5 dogs usually. Dachshunds, corgi, mutts, labs, and more.

Even though I grew up around dogs, I'm still a cat person. :fufu:

LadyJirachu

Years
I had to give Ursola a like. People who just love what they want regardless of if they 'grew up' with it are just awesome to me. :3

I didn't get to be around pokemon stuff much till like....the age of 12. But I still wanna be a fan of it all for the rest of my life anyways :D I'd like to think, even in my 60s, i may just find myself picking up something pokemon related, even if its from my TEEN YEARS!!!, and just endulge in the wonderful nostalgia I DID manage to have...

You rock Ursola. :3 You're kind of like me.

Years
I grew up with cats, but dogs are my jam. They're more diverse in appearance, are generally kindly and keep people safe. Cats are not without their safety perks too, though - I know someone who's cat hissed at a stranger outside their window and alerted the owner before things turned very ugly.

I also had a brief albeit intense friendship with an elderly pug who wiped his snotty face on everything in a hurricane of jowls and... snot, and he'd lean against my leg as we slobbed around like slobs. Those were the days...

But I went to a pet store fairly recently, and this big fat tuxedo cat that belonged to the store owners was standing tantalisingly beyond their scrutiny. Petting it was intuitive, and I was a perfect gent. Then the git gnawed on my hand out of nowhere and swatted my arm, and I had to frantically wipe away the bloody evidence on my clothes so that no one saw. Had to introduce saliva to really finish off the job, so I had a catty, spitty arm that I had to keep hiding from everyone for the rest of the day.

Budgies aren't so great, either. But yeah, dogs rule.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
While I may be a cat person I still love dogs. I use to work with a dog groomer and I was the one that would make the dogs smell good. xD

Back