• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

comfort media?

Years
  • This thread was initially going to be "What are your comfort television shows", i.e. what do you watch (or re-watch) after a long day/week? maybe you throw it on for background noise, or perhaps just watch it for guaranteed move improvement.. However, after thinking about it, I realized this could definitely apply to music, books, and movies as well.

so, what are your comfort movies/books/tv shows/songs? i'll answer mine later \o/

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I can watch Mulan over and over again. Depending on the mood I can have country music in the background or even EDM.

Years
  • Movies: Tangled and Captain Marvel can literally pull me out of anything. Musicals are good for that too. I watch Hairspray an awful lot when I'm down.

Usually though, I will throw on some music when I need comforting. Maybe something heavy to drown out my head, but more likely it will be April, Heart, sunshine pop, or J-pop. They always lift my mood. It will usually be J-pop when writing poetry too.

Inky

:pleading_face:
    Years
    • he / him
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Always Sunny is my go to put something on TV show, but I tend to retreat into music more than anything as a comfort

User Anon 1848

the sopranos. there are shows with better stories like the wire and true detective season 1 but the sopranos is the most well rounded and rewatchable show, mostly due to its comedy.

i like going back to batman: tas too but mostly for a handful of specific episodes

Years
    • Seen today
    Horror related things.

I'm numb to it to the point that i find most of it silly and laugh.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • this is embarrassing but i rewatch flavor of love like at least once a year lol idk it's just iconic and reminds me of a Time. i also like putting on kitchen nightmares, i've rewatched the series so many times. i don't really like watching new things tbh. it's very difficult to give me suggestions, i just don't like taking in new media, esp shows or movies.

Years
  • The original Avatar The Last Airbender, it is a masterpiece and never gets old. Even if makes me think about the timeskip leading into Korra, which is mega sad because
    Spoiler:

Years
  • For media that I watch, it's Youtube videos. I find it hard to commit to watching a movie or series all the way through. If I wanna laugh I pull up Jacksfilms or Commentiquette, and if I wanna see some games I turn to Nerdcubed, etc.

For media that I read, long discussion posts on niche subreddits. If I feel the itch to read, I could go on for hours on those dedicated little hobby communities. Just yesterday I spent 4 hours reading Top All Time posts on r/bass lmao.

For media that I listen to, Leader of the Band by Dan Fogelberg, Vincent by Don McLean, Hey There Delilah by The Plain White T's, & Stop This Train by John Mayer are some comfort songs I can name off the top of my head.

Back