• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you have a favorite type to battle with?

Years
The series has introduced quite a bit of types to the Pok?mon franchise. Which type is your favorite to battle with?? Are there Pok?mon from that type you tend to use often?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I like using grass types... its fun to use the status moves like Sleep/Poison Powder on my enemies haha

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Ice and Fire Types for me. Ice to freeze, Fire to burn. Freeze and Burn being two Status moves that no one likes to get, especially if they?re a Physical attacker.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Normal mainly because most of pokemon i like from all regions are usually normal type

Years
I've grown to use more of a defensive strategy while playing, so I've been using a lot of Steel type Pokemon on my teams. Aside from that, the only real constant in my party has been a Water type, but other than that I try to mix it up and not play favorites.

Years
Interestingly enough, I... don't have any type in particular that I favour over another. I think this is because it kinda bothers me if there's more than one particular type in my team, since I try to keep everything varied to avoid common weaknesses. ._.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Ice by far! Such gorgeous attacks~

Froslass is my favorite Ice-Type. Elegant, fast, and a hard-hitter! I even fancied myself an Ice-Type Gym Leader for a while because of Froslass.

I also love Alolan Sandslash. I've thought Sandslash was really cool since the Gen. I days, super nostalgic, so I was pleasantly surprised to see it get an Ice-Type variant. It was also my most-desired Shiny in Sun/Moon, and by sheer chance happened to be my first (as Sandshrew)! If it wasn't for its awkward Sugimori stock, I imagine that it could've became my favorite Ice-Type.

I think I'd really enjoy using A-Sandslash with Slush Rush, but I'd also hate putting my noncompetitive Shiny A-Sandslash in the backseat...

Weavile is also pretty cool! And Lapras!

Last edited:

Platform Heels Trainer

Pokemon Trainer who wears platform heels
Years
I love to use fighting types. I love martial arts and things Japanese and I like how lot's of fighting types use martial arts type moves and are based of martial arts forms. Some of my favourite Pokemon are fighting type. My favourite stater Pokemon and second favourite Pokemon is part fighting type. I also love water type Pokemon too.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
Normal types.

I've seen people call them boring, but they can learn the biggest variety of moves. Also, they can take lots of hits, which I generally prefer.

Years
Normal types are always good fun. Bug types are great, but faint so often that you can never get into the swing of things, and Rocks are entertaining but all of their moves feel somewhat identical...

Normal, Fighting and Fire win out. Brilliant lot. Now if you'll excuse me while I go change my mind... okay well add Ground to there, and Electric, and Poison and Steel and Dark and-

Sorvete

Novice
Years
Psychic types are usually the ones that give me the most pleasure to use. They're generally flexible and fast, which are things I like in my Pokémon.

Last edited:
Years
Dark and Bug are among my favourite types. Dark because I love their eerie demeanor (and Dark Pulse is my favourite move), Bug because they provide a challenge and I like their moves (such as Quiver Dance) and have just always liked bugs in general.

My all-time favourite, though, has got to be Grass. I'm a huge plant enthusiast so I love their designs, but what I like most about Grass types is how they can keep recovering thanks to moves like Giga Drain and Leech Seed.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
oh i totally do. i have to have a fire type and if i can't have that, SOMEONE has got to have flamethrower. it's mandated by sydian law.

Years
From a battle perspective not really. I always like to mix it up, but, I do always like to have an Ice type on my team, just because it's my favourite type.

Zero-G

on the fly
Years
Electric.

If I don't have an Electric type on my team I will scold myself unti I catch one.
Well, I basically do the same with Fighting. Both are types I never do a team without*.

(unless I monotype because then I often give overlooked mons a chance)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 30, 2020
Not really. Maybe it's because I'm not a competitive player, but I generally don't have a type preference. Just give me something that works, and I'll be good to go.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Even though I battle with a number of pokemon, my favorite type is Ice Pokemon. In the past, my favorite was flying types. Aside from Ice Types, I still really like Dragon and Fighting type pokemon as well.

I don't know why or when I started liking Ice Type pokemon, but I think Glalie and Glaceon had a lot to do with it. And the Alolan Nintails just sends it through the roof. I am a casual player and I don't battle competitively, but I still like certain types, but only based on the type and not stats.

Back