• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Life] LGBTQ+ Alliance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
tdJ2L40.jpg

Welcome to the LGBTQ Alliance!

Please feel free to join if you identify as LGBTQ+ or as someone who supports the LGBTQ+ community.​

Owner:
erik destler

Members:
  • Sawsbuck
  • Cherrim
  • TheGhostHunter
  • Castform
  • Palamon
  • MysticalNinetales
  • L'Belle
  • Charlie Brown
  • Juno
  • Fairy
  • LadyJirachu
  • Raven
  • VisionofMilotic
  • hoshiko / phantomnestor
  • Astronaut
  • Anime Psyclone
  • Pemderp / Neb
  • Logan
  • KZPumpkinPie
  • DarkSkys
  • Desert Streams~
  • Platform Heels Trainer
  • SorveteQuente
  • Satire
  • kantokraze
  • AveeVaporGlitch
  • StormInAJar
  • juliorain
  • Kingsman
  • fenberry
  • Cid
  • BiohazardXIII
  • Salzorrah
  • Drew / Go / Sho / Shinji
  • Wavee
  • _pheebs
  • ChibiCheezit
  • Sydian
  • Lil.lady.k
  • Fletch
  • an ineligible mess.
  • Noblejanobii
  • Rainbow
  • RedBalloon
  • Cyaloom / Eleanor

Rules:
1. Toxic behavior is not tolerated. If you don't support LGBTQ+ - that's great for you, but this is not the place for you to voice your opinions.
2. Be kind.
3. If there is no active discussion, feel free to change the topic to whatever you want.

To join:
Simply post and introduce yourself, and - if you wish to do so - post how you identify yourself. [E.g., I'm Tyler, and I'm a cis-male, use he/him pronouns, and I am gay.]

4-K7dp52-1.png

CLUB OF THE MONTH JULY 2019

Last edited:

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years
I am interested in joining.

I am Savanna and I am a Cis-Female and a Straight Ally.

I have a Bisexual BFF and am looking for advice on starting a GSA at a community college.

Years
HI NEW FOLKS.

Welcome to the club!

Here's a topic:
For LGBTQ+: What was your initial coming out process like? If you haven't come out, what is holding you back?
For Allies: Tell us about a time a LGBTQ+ came out to you, or why you believe being an ally is important.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
What was your initial coming out process like? If you haven't come out, what is holding you back?

I haven't fully come out yet.... I mention here & there I identify as trans masculine, but what's holding me back is people not understanding or being transphobic. :| I've told a few people irl, though. But not many.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Hello I'm not queer and I'm here (Karen, cis female & straight)
For Allies: Tell us about a time a LGBTQ+ came out to you, or why you believe being an ally is important.
I don't think anyone has come out to me personally, so I'll answer the latter part. It's important to be an ally because it breaks my heart to have to hear stuff like high school kids killing themselves over bullying and lack of acceptance (and yeah, this often extends beyond kids, and not to devalue the lives of older people, but I think it's especially sad to hear stuff like parents who don't support their children being themselves). That some people have to fight for rights like marriage just on the grounds that they are in a same-sex relationship.

When I think about stuff like this, I think a better question is "why not" - I do not see how other people being gay or trans or anything affects me negatively in any personal way, and none of the arguments for why LGBTQ+ shouldn't be accepted or normalized seem like a big enough deal to hurt others physically and/or emotionally over.

I will confess I'm not very educated in a lot of LGBTQ+ matters, but at the end of the day, as long as you're not hurting anyone, why do I care who you're sleeping with or what you identify as?

Sirfetch’d

I haven't came out yet. I think my family would be understanding and supportive due to how liberal they are, but I am still not ready. Coming out anywhere is a huge task but doing so in such a conservative state like Alabama is even harder. I am just not ready and idk when I will be.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I'm joining too!

I'm Jo and I don't really have a term or a label that I feel fits me; but I know I'm not straight. I guess maybe bi would be the closest?

However, I am in a long hetero relationship that won't be changing soon so make of that what you will.

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
Joining. :3

I'm female and a lipstick bi (with a major crush on korrina from pokemon).

I may not really post here a lot (or generally read other posts), as I am VERY emotionally sensitive to reading things (and hearing things) about LGBT hate. But I do want to be on the member list of this club, since I MYSELF am part of the lgbtq+ community, and am an overall supporter of others in it. To me, love shouldn't need gender labels. Love is the most beautiful thing on earth and creates oxytocin in the brain and causes miracles to happen ^_^

Hate the the complete opposite of all of that.

Love should be respected. Period.

.....though i understand people disliking pedophilla and zoophilla. I don't think 'love' where you take advantage of more innocent and vulnerable creatures is really a real form of love anyways o_o;;; or even healthy overall. But same sex love ISN'T that type of thing at all. :)

Hopefully this club is warmer than the one on serebii's. I had awful memories of that one.....people actually picked on me and called me HOMOPHOBIC there pretty much just cuz I hated reading the hate drama about REAL homophobia in that club -_-; Serebii's is filled with jerks.....(okay even on that forum i have good friends, and happy memories, BUT EVEN SO....worst lgbt club there o_o; nuff said)

I'm an emotionally sensitive person who dislike's being around negativity. Pretty pathetic some people don't respect that....

EDIT: As for my crush on korrina, yes, she MIGHT be 'under age'. But she isn't a real person. So my liking her is harmless.

Last edited:
Years
I'm Maya and I'm nonbinary and bi
I can't come out irl as I have no one willing to accept it, most people don't accept nb people even online.
Even if I just say bisexual, it's turned down immediately by my family, as they do not accept it. they say it's bad enough that I'm sick and disabled.

Years
Hi there!

I haven't decided whether or not I should join because I'm not sure how much I would be able add to this conversation as a straight girl who hasn't overall had much experience in romance! I think my posts would be a trifle boring, but still I wanted to at least swing by and compliment this club. It is a very vibrant place! I also want to say that I support LBGT rights and human rights for everyone. We are all brothers and sisters, and must love each other. I see everyone here at pokecommunity as my family.

I was really moved by reading different life experiences written by my pokecommunity family here, and want to wish everyone good luck, whether you are in a beautiful and promising relationship with the person you love, still looking for your soul mate or perhaps simply waiting for the day that you can come out to the people in your life, may all good things come your way.

I am saddened and angry that many members are still fighting to find acceptance. Hate dies hard it seems. I had a really sheltered life, raised by a very hip, free-spirited and gentle artist mother, and know that I have a family that would support me no matter who I loved and not even make a big deal about it. Reading about the struggles of others has really made me appreciative for what I have, and has reminded me that many people don't have this privilege, and still have to live in fear that they could be outcast, physically hurt, fired, denied their rights just because of who they are.

HI NEW FOLKS.

Welcome to the club!

Here's a topic:
For LGBTQ+: What was your initial coming out process like? If you haven't come out, what is holding you back?

My friend Judith "Jude" came out to me almost 7 years ago now. She was lonely, a virgin, stuck in a backward town she hated and had a difficult family situation with a strict, Lutheran family, a sick father that she was caretaking and a mother who was critical and who I think was psychological abusive. She told me in the most timid of ways that she wished she had a girlfriend and that I would make a nice girlfriend. I naively misunderstood what she meant, saying that we were already gal pals, but when she clarified that she wanted someone who was more than a friend to love I listened and understood. Why wouldn't i? She was my friend. Together we sat and just gossipped away on skype bout our own unrequitted loves, our crushes, our bad dates, with me it was boys, and with her it was girls. We did all the same things together, we wanted the same things, we both wanted love, we just wanted it with different people.

I haven't hung out with Jude in awhile but last I talked to her she was engaged to be married to a sweet young lady and they were thinking about adopting children. I am really happy for her because she was so frustrated and depressed when I first met her and I see how love has just lifted her soul up. She just looked so excited and hopeful, and I am glad because she did not have an easy life and nobody deserves a time for rejoicing more than her.

Wby do I feel it is important to be an ally? Being an ally has been on my mind lately after being in an interracial relationship. It made me more conscientious than ever of how prejudice impacts being able to simply love each other, and the backwards views that still persist in this world that we have to work together and keep fighting against. It was my personal experience that made me draw a parallel, being discriminated against for skin color is just as bad as being discriminated against for sexual orientation, and I want to live in a world where everyone is loved.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
hi uh, i'm hoshiko but you can call me skylar. i'm nonbinary (but also questioning that at this point, don't wanna get into it) and use they/them pronouns. i don't really know what my sexuality is, i just know i'm not straight. i haven't really found a label that fits me yet. i'm still figuring stuff out about myself.

so uh. discussion questions:
technically i have come out but not really irl? i am very open on the internet about my gender identity and stuff (since i identify as nonbinary currently), but it's hard to be open about it irl since i live in alabama and the south is..not so open minded as far as i know. plus i don't bind (for personal reasons) and i don't want to be invalidated. i dunno. the only people who know irl are my mom, my dad, my little sister, my boyfriend, my boyfriend's mom and my boyfriend's brother. the only people who really try and use the right name and pronouns for me are my boyfriend and his mom.

it's a struggle. my mom and dad have changed my name in their phone to skylar but.. i dunno. my little sister doesn't even try and even said if i legally changed my name she'd still call me by my birth name which is frustrating and extremely disrespectful. i'm thinking of legally changing my name before i get married to my boyfriend in a few years so.. yeah.

i dunno. it's hard being lgbtq+ in the south. it was nice though when i visited my boyfriend and his family because they all used the right preferred name for me.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I've been hesitant to join this, since I am a bit skeptical and confused about all the labels people throw around online, and since I've never come into contact with anything more complicated than bi/homosexuality in real life. But the label bonanza phenomenon was explained to me pretty well, and I'm a huge supporter of people being allowed to act, dress, love and feel in whatever way they want regardless of what bodies they were born with, so I definitely am an ally :)

I'm your average white straight cis-girl, in case you were wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back