• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What pokémon NEEDS a mega evolution?

Years
    • they/them
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 7, 2024
    Personally, I really hope that there are new megas in future! But specifically, if we get sinnoh remakes, I really wanna see mega chatot, perhaps spiritomb, cherrim. Anyone think of any they want to have megas, not just sinnoh, but any pokémon lacking?

Years
  • Johto starters desperately need a Mega of some sort. I'm surprised they haven't so far. There are some other Johto Pokemon that need a mega, too:

- Ursaring:
    - Donphan, maybe?
    - Skarmory, perhaps. Would be really interesting to see it with a Mega of some sort!
    - Crobat would be a really interesting pick, too.

Years
    • they/them
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 7, 2024
    Eh, I could take this or leave it. Still I think it could be cool, definitely to see a dual typing on it, maybe gaining a dragon type becoming some badass ANGRY BEAR BOY
    Donphan, maybe?
    Spoiler:

Skarmory, perhaps. Would be really interesting to see it with a Mega of some sort!
    100%, Skarmory is cool and all but only having 465 BST makes it kinda not preferable. Mega would give that bird the boost it deserves.
    Crobat would be a really interesting pick, too.
    Totally badass, would love this since I love crobat. Have to wonder what it would look like tho. Would it keep its typing?

Years
  • Butterfree imo. Beedrill managed to get one, so I don't see why Butterfree, despite being slightly less underused, couldn't get one.

Otherwise....Dunsparce, Carnivine, Mr. Mime, Jynx come to mind. Those four are so unloved it makes me sad haha.

Mega Chatot is also a very interesting idea =)

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2018
    Lots of candidates here. All of the Johto and Sinnoh starters for sure. Then there are mons like Frolass, Nidoking, and Electivire. Pokemon i would want a mega for but don't necessarily need it include Dragonite, Snorlax, and Machamp to name a few.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • Delibird and probably Lapras. They're the only ones I could think of.
    They both seem like they could do so much more, or could be extended somehow.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    Rhyperior.

It has a great BST with Solid Rock as one of it's Abilities. However, it is held back by two 4x weaknesses to Water and Grass-type attacks and a terrible Sp. Def stat.

If it were to Mega Evolve, I would see it becoming a Ground/Steel-type. The Filter Ability would complement it's defensive prowess well.

It may be bothersome to lose the Fire resistance at times, but it's better than having two 4x weaknesses.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    I think the likes of Mega Blaziken, Rayquaza, Mewtwo X/Y, Charizard X/Y, Primal Groudon/Kyogre, Ash-Greninja all need Megas on top of their current mega state, as they are very weak now

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Zangoose!

And I really like Angie's suggestions too :D Donphan and Skarmory and Ursaring with a type change could be really cool.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • All starters that don't already have one: Johto, Sinnoh, Unova, Chestnaught/Delphox for Kalos and Alola. As for specific Mega's, once you start giving Mega's to so many Pokemon, the allure or uniqueness of Mega's loses its touch. However... if I had to pick a few Pokemon:

Dragonite
    Kingdra
    Lapras
    Machamp
    Butterfree <- agree 100% with Janna on this
    Arcanine
    Muk or Venomoth

Zero-G

on the fly
    Years
  • Flygon. Flygon. Flygon. Flygon. Flygon. FLYGON.

Where's my Ground/Bug Sand Streamer. Where. Is. It.

Others:
    Butterfree (+1)
    Drapion
    Dusknoir
    Palossand (simply because I want to see it go pile of sand > sandcastle > sand-made hagia sophia)
    Fearow

Requests because other part of the duo has a mega:
    Slowking
    Froslass
    Milotic

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2021
    Meganium
    Typhlosion
    Feraligatr
    Machamp
    Skarmory
    Ludicolo
    Shiftry
    Walrein
    Froslass
    Honchkrow
    Scrafty
    Scolipede
    Cofagrigus
    Chandelure
    Hawlucha
    Heliolisk

I could go on and on. Perhaps Pokémon that just need that slight push competitively.
    EDIT: Despite editing multiple times. Cofagrigus' spelling won't change.

Last edited:
    Back