• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The User Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirfetch’d

shoutout to Fairy for designing me the cutest profile and finding me the perfect items for my avatar and sig!

FlakyGuy

A super flaky person~
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
How about 4 :D

Fairy was one of the first to welcome me here although I haven't posted as much as I probably should have ^^"
So shoutout to Fairy! :D

Ultra Sun

Yes this is PC user Sun lol
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 29, 2022
Sorry to break the streak lol

Golgari the sweet Bidoof guy (:
You kinda helped me last year. Although it was just a few words, it literally saved my life and reminded me I'm loved too. Thanks again and I wish I knew you in person in real life hahaha

Last edited:
Years
I have 1000 posts, so I would like to appreciate myself for posting 1000 times :D

JK, I would like to appreciate everyone on stuff. It's fun working on the forum with you.

Now for special appreciations...
Sydian - You were probably 1st person I encountered here and stayed here thanks to your Events.
Ahri - Your Time Warp was first challenge I ever completed and got me hooked in Challenge ever since.
Volga - It's always fun to see you completing another challenge. I feel like you have the most challenges completed here.
adventure - I know it was you ;) Thank you for reviving challenges after it was abandoned for a long time.
And everyone I forget about that keeps Challenges as great as it is.

Epilogue, VisionofMilotic, LilyGardy, HyperMorian, Blue, strangerhypno, Xnaut, Clover - It's always fun to stop in Pokémon Trivia to play some games with you all.

pkmin3033

So I was going to make my 10k a ridiculously long appreciation post, but then I had a complete mental breakdown mid-2016 and ruined pretty much every friendship I'd built up on here, so it'd seem kind of out of place now, haha.

I didn't think I was even going to reach 10k after I had another episode at the end of last year. I'm like taxes - just when you think I've gone away, I turn up again, and nobody is ever pleased to see me, and with good reason!

But I don't think I've ever actually posted in this thread before, so it's kind of special, I think? Maybe. It's as good as it's going to get, so let's roll with it.

So, this is a general appreciation post to everyone I've interacted with at some stage, for putting up with/ignoring my shit for the last 10,000 posts and 3.5 years. For letting me be me, even when you disagree with my opinions...and I'm pretty sure most people here disagree with the majority of my opinions.

I've never really offered an explanation for my occasionally out-of-character behaviour, but one has never been asked for, and even if I'm not really liked here at least I'm not treated with contempt or outright hostility, which is more than I can say for a lot of the places I've visited over the years.

I'm not very good at these things, positive words from me sound extremely forced, and most of my compliments inevitably become backhanded at best and condescending at worst. So, for what little it's worth, you have the most sincere thanks I am capable of making.

Yeah, I guess that's all.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
I am so happy I got to meet Visionofmilotic by coming here.

She is definitely one of the most intriguing and wise people I could've met online. And I find myself most eager to read her posts and talk with her solo every time I come here.

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
Thanks to whoever got me a crystal tiers? That's too much for me, why did you do it? haha but thanks <3

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Thought I'd make my 3000th post a meaningful one!

Firstly, I'd like to express my gratitude to the staff members here, old and new. You all do your part in keeping PokéCommunity going, and I can't thank you enough for that. This place is like an online home to me. So thanks. <3

An extra big shout-out to the administrators for striving to make PC a better place, especially given the unfortunate circumstances that threatened its survival. adventure, Cherrim, Laslow, Sheep, Sylphiel—you guys are awesome!

And for all those currently active in the Pokémon Trivia section, you guys are the greatest, and the place wouldn't be the same without you! Epilogue, Lycanthropy, VisionofMilotic, LilyGardy, PageEmperor, FeraligatrMaster, XNaut, Dawn, Sheep, Zemanahrad, Phosphophyllite, strangerhypno, HyperMorian, Blue, Hikamaru, ZeoStar, Starlight Wind... Hope I'm not forgetting anyone!

These members used to bring so much fun to PT, though unfortunately they're not active anymore. :( But that's okay, we all have our lives to lead, and I hope the best for the following: DyingWillFlareon, Guardian, Squirrel, LegendChu, Ash. Miss you!

TY and Nathan, who I consider my BFFs here. <3

And thanks to every PokéCommunity member out there!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
wanna let it out to the world that Foxrally, gimmepie and Dragon are superb buddies that I don't really deserve but somehow have anyways. Thank you boys for being patient af and true pals.

also an infinite hug to my partners Sheep, Sylphiel, Cherrim, Laslow and more recently also Castform. You're all precious and the effort you put in for this community is invaluable. Thank you for everything <3

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
I've been meaning to make this post for quite some time now, and I guess today seems like a fitting day to do so! Hopefully this doesn't turn out to be too long, ahaha. *sweats nervously* Ahem, anyway! I thought I'd show some appreciation to a few people who have been on my mind lately. Here goes nothing!

VisionofMilotic, HyperMorian, and Arma -

I know this is looooooong overdue, but I sincerely want to thank the three of you for restoring my spirit here a few months ago. Back when that whole incident happened in March, I was horrified by the disarray surrounding the forums. Seeing the way everyone around us was leaving made me afraid that the site was going to die off. I honestly didn't think there was any hope left, but it was you three who cast light upon my darkness.

VisionofMilotic, you wouldn't believe how much positive energy you were spreading in spite of the hopeless atmosphere! You fought passionately to salvage what was left of this place, and let me tell you: your zeal is infectious! It was inspiring to see how much you cared for the community, all while still having fun in the process! Too bad you couldn't stop your dolls from becoming cursed with an evil spell, though! Maybe Ghetsis will show mercy next time. =p

HyperMorian, your dedication is absolutely remarkable, and you have poured in so much effort to make Pokémon Choice Quest a super fun experience! I admire how you were still determined to continue running the game even when it seemed like our final moments were fast approaching. That was very empowering to witness—keep being awesome! Just don't shoot me with your eye lasers, okay? We all know you're actually Cuddles in disguise. ;)

Arma, you probably have the lamest sense of humor on the entire planet OOOOH BURNED, but even so, that lameness managed to put a big smile on my face when it mattered most. I really mean it! It was totally fun seeing you fail miserably at Super Pokémon Hangman, hehe. But don't worry, I'm sure you'll gain a tiny bit of skill someday! Just a TINY bit, at least! Now come back or else. :D

Really though, my heart was hurting from the entire situation, and you three made that pain magically disappear. "Now's the time to be laughing," I realized. PokéCommunity is like a home to me, and if it was really going down for good, then I wanted to spend every last moment here having as much fun as possible. And through that fun we had, I began to feel reassured that everything would be okay. It was a miraculous feeling—one that still stays with me to this day. That hope you gave me turned into a source of motivation, and it even helped me finally overcome an unrelated depression that had been plaguing me for nearly two years now. So, yeah! Thanks again for being wonderful members!! ^_^

PokéCommunity's Admin Team -

I'd like to take a moment to thank you all for everything you've done to keep our site running. You entered this situation knowing it wouldn't be easy, yet you still willingly chose to fight the tough battles on behalf of our community. I know you've been through a lot of hardships over this, and words alone aren't enough to convey how much love and care you've put into this place. All of your hard work deserves tons and tons of appreciation! <3

Zemanahrad, -Nonsense-, Resolve, EmTheGhost, strangerhypno, LilyGardy, ZeoStar, Pudding, semi, XNaut, Caite-chan, Sheep, Blue, noa, Dawn, PageEmperor, FeraligatrMaster, Hikamaru, Starry Windy, Phosphophyllite, LadyJirachu, Enpatsu Shakugan, Damien.aspiring.fandev, MysticalNinetales, Aldo!, TailsMK4, and CodeHelmet -

Thank you all for making the Pokémon Trivia section amaaaaazingly fun during these past months! It's been a real blast playing games with you all! I love seeing how each of your unique posting styles adds so much extra flavor to the section. You guys are always giving me something to look forward to every time I come back to play the games! You're the best! :D

Hairy Arachnid Nanoscopic (Lycanthropy) -

LYCAN! I don't even know where to start with this one, haha. We've always been evil twins from the beginning of #TeamTrivia, and I couldn't possibly imagine how things would be if you weren't there. We shared all of the same laughs during the happiest of times, and we've also braved through some pretty horrific times together, as well. You were always a great motivator, and you'd very often bring insightful ideas to the table! Not to mention, your levelheadedness was a huge asset when we modded Pokémon Trivia together! I could really learn a thing or two from you, ahaha. Thank you so much for everything, Han! I feel really blessed to have a friend like you! And don't worry—no one else knows about your secret identity! What...? Don't give me that look! Why would I ever report Poisoned Ice Cream Sandshrew to Officer Jenny? I'm not some kind of double agent, you know! >:(

Clover/Lanayru (Hyzenthlay) -

Aaaaargh, why do I even have to write about you, Clover? There's just too much that I want to say! You're such a sweet, pure-hearted person, and you have the power to warm the hearts of people around you! I'm so happy for your promotion—you really deserve it! You have been wonderful to work with, and it's very obvious that you're giving it your all to make Pokémon Trivia as fun and exciting as possible. It's always a joy playing silly games with you in PT, and it's just as fun hanging out with you outside of PT, as well! Talking to you always makes my day brighter, and I've cherished our little music-sharing sessions, hehe! I couldn't be happier to have known you; thanks for all the amazing times! And, um... don't even think about disappearing for another two years again, got that? N-not that it really matters to me or anything... b-baka!

P.S. Before you get mad at me for stealing your favorite line...

Spoiler:

Whoops, sorry! Looks like I stole your GIF image, too. :D

Ozzizilla/Friedozzy/AppleOzzyCabbage (Squirrel) -

I've already written waaaaaay too many walls of text about you, so I'll keep this one short. Next time we meet, I'll make sure to utterly demolish your silly Burgesstomas with my Yang Zings (AKA Cosmic Dragons, if that makes you feel any better xD). So you'd better thoroughly prepare yourself, or else you're in for a humiliating defeat! ;D

...Oh yeah, and you're great, by the way! ^^

Flushed -

You're one of my favorite people ever and I hope you're doing well these days! Thank you so much for all the care you've poured into the YGO Club back then! Dueling with you always got me super excited, and I really enjoyed all of the chats we had during our duels! I used to be too afraid to duel with other people online, so I had only ever played by myself in A.I. Mode, haha. It was you and the YGO Club that gave me such a wonderful impression of PokéCommunity, and that's the biggest reason I decided to stick around and become active in 2015!

colours -

Can't forget about you, colours! I'm very, very thankful to you, but I've never been able to properly express myself about it! You're a really caring person, and that definitely showed when you reached out to me last year. I sort of hit a low point in 2017, and it was almost as if you had sensed that. You kept going out of your way to check up on me to make sure I was doing okay, and you wouldn't imagine how much of a difference that made to me! Although I was absolutely horrible at responding in a timely manner, it really warmed my heart when I saw your messages. Thank you so much! :D

Astinus -

ASTYYYY! I really appreciate everything you've done for the forums, and I always secretly looked up to you, ehehe. You're so laid-back and approachable, which makes you super fun to talk to! Also, it's great to have another Digimon/Appmon fan around here! (You have good taste. xD) I still haven't forgotten that time when we jokingly plotted to infiltrate staff in hopes of turning this place into a Digimon forum, haha. You rock! ^^

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I've been meaning to make this post for quite some time now, and I guess today seems like a fitting day to do so! Hopefully this doesn't turn out to be too long, ahaha. *sweats nervously* Ahem, anyway! I thought I'd show some appreciation to a few people who have been on my mind lately. Here goes nothing!

VisionofMilotic, HyperMorian, and Arma -

I know this is looooooong overdue, but I sincerely want to thank the three of you for restoring my spirit here a few months ago. Back when that whole incident happened in March, I was horrified by the disarray surrounding the forums. Seeing the way everyone around us was leaving made me afraid that the site was going to die off. I honestly didn't think there was any hope left, but it was you three who cast light upon my darkness.

VisionofMilotic, you wouldn't believe how much positive energy you were spreading in spite of the hopeless atmosphere! You fought passionately to salvage what was left of this place, and let me tell you: your zeal is infectious! It was inspiring to see how much you cared for the community, all while still having fun in the process! Too bad you couldn't stop your dolls from becoming cursed with an evil spell, though! Maybe Ghetsis will show mercy next time. =p

HyperMorian, your dedication is absolutely remarkable, and you have poured in so much effort to make Pokémon Choice Quest a super fun experience! I admire how you were still determined to continue running the game even when it seemed like our final moments were fast approaching. That was very empowering to witness—keep being awesome! Just don't shoot me with your eye lasers, okay? We all know you're actually Cuddles in disguise. ;)

Arma, you probably have the lamest sense of humor on the entire planet OOOOH BURNED, but even so, that lameness managed to put a big smile on my face when it mattered most. I really mean it! It was totally fun seeing you fail miserably at Super Pokémon Hangman, hehe. But don't worry, I'm sure you'll gain a tiny bit of skill someday! Just a TINY bit, at least! Now come back or else. :D

Really though, my heart was hurting from the entire situation, and you three made that pain magically disappear. "Now's the time to be laughing," I realized. PokéCommunity is like a home to me, and if it was really going down for good, then I wanted to spend every last moment here having as much fun as possible. And through that fun we had, I began to feel reassured that everything would be okay. It was a miraculous feeling—one that still stays with me to this day. That hope you gave me turned into a source of motivation, and it even helped me finally overcome an unrelated depression that had been plaguing me for nearly two years now. So, yeah! Thanks again for being wonderful members!! ^_^

PokéCommunity's Admin Team -

I'd like to take a moment to thank you all for everything you've done to keep our site running. You entered this situation knowing it wouldn't be easy, yet you still willingly chose to fight the tough battles on behalf of our community. I know you've been through a lot of hardships over this, and words alone aren't enough to convey how much love and care you've put into this place. All of your hard work deserves tons and tons of appreciation! <3

Zemanahrad, -Nonsense-, Resolve, EmTheGhost, strangerhypno, LilyGardy, ZeoStar, Pudding, semi, XNaut, Caite-chan, Sheep, Blue, noa, Dawn, PageEmperor, FeraligatrMaster, Hikamaru, Starry Windy, Phosphophyllite, LadyJirachu, Enpatsu Shakugan, Damien.aspiring.fandev, MysticalNinetales, Aldo!, TailsMK4, and CodeHelmet -

Thank you all for making the Pokémon Trivia section amaaaaazingly fun during these past months! It's been a real blast playing games with you all! I love seeing how each of your unique posting styles adds so much extra flavor to the section. You guys are always giving me something to look forward to every time I come back to play the games! You're the best! :D

Hairy Arachnid Nanoscopic (Lycanthropy) -

LYCAN! I don't even know where to start with this one, haha. We've always been evil twins from the beginning of #TeamTrivia, and I couldn't possibly imagine how things would be if you weren't there. We shared all of the same laughs during the happiest of times, and we've also braved through some pretty horrific times together, as well. You were always a great motivator, and you'd very often bring insightful ideas to the table! Not to mention, your levelheadedness was a huge asset when we modded Pokémon Trivia together! I could really learn a thing or two from you, ahaha. Thank you so much for everything, Han! I feel really blessed to have a friend like you! And don't worry—no one else knows about your secret identity! What...? Don't give me that look! Why would I ever report Poisoned Ice Cream Sandshrew to Officer Jenny? I'm not some kind of double agent, you know! >:(

Clover/Lanayru (Hyzenthlay) -

Aaaaargh, why do I even have to write about you, Clover? There's just too much that I want to say! You're such a sweet, pure-hearted person, and you have the power to warm the hearts of people around you! I'm so happy for your promotion—you really deserve it! You have been wonderful to work with, and it's very obvious that you're giving it your all to make Pokémon Trivia as fun and exciting as possible. It's always a joy playing silly games with you in PT, and it's just as fun hanging out with you outside of PT, as well! Talking to you always makes my day brighter, and I've cherished our little music-sharing sessions, hehe! I couldn't be happier to have known you; thanks for all the amazing times! And, um... don't even think about disappearing for another two years again, got that? N-not that it really matters to me or anything... b-baka!

P.S. Before you get mad at me for stealing your favorite line...

Spoiler:

Whoops, sorry! Looks like I stole your GIF image, too. :D

Ozzizilla/Friedozzy/AppleOzzyCabbage (Squirrel) -

I've already written waaaaaay too many walls of text about you, so I'll keep this one short. Next time we meet, I'll make sure to utterly demolish your silly Burgesstomas with my Yang Zings (AKA Cosmic Dragons, if that makes you feel any better xD). So you'd better thoroughly prepare yourself, or else you're in for a humiliating defeat! ;D

...Oh yeah, and you're great, by the way! ^^

Flushed -

You're one of my favorite people ever and I hope you're doing well these days! Thank you so much for all the care you've poured into the YGO Club back then! Dueling with you always got me super excited, and I really enjoyed all of the chats we had during our duels! I used to be too afraid to duel with other people online, so I had only ever played by myself in A.I. Mode, haha. It was you and the YGO Club that gave me such a wonderful impression of PokéCommunity, and that's the biggest reason I decided to stick around and become active in 2015!

colours -

Can't forget about you, colours! I'm very, very thankful to you, but I've never been able to properly express myself about it! You're a really caring person, and that definitely showed when you reached out to me last year. I sort of hit a low point in 2017, and it was almost as if you had sensed that. You kept going out of your way to check up on me to make sure I was doing okay, and you wouldn't imagine how much of a difference that made to me! Although I was absolutely horrible at responding in a timely manner, it really warmed my heart when I saw your messages. Thank you so much! :D

Astinus -

ASTYYYY! I really appreciate everything you've done for the forums, and I always secretly looked up to you, ehehe. You're so laid-back and approachable, which makes you super fun to talk to! Also, it's great to have another Digimon/Appmon fan around here! (You have good taste. xD) I still haven't forgotten that time when we jokingly plotted to infiltrate staff in hopes of turning this place into a Digimon forum, haha. You rock! ^^

Sometimes spoilers can really save people time scrolling :) Also you're welcome when it comes to Fire Type Emblem. I hope to smack that Rowlet of yours around to maximize its contribution to the group, lest you sleep through the entire battle. Speaking of which... sleep sounds rather good right about now...

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
i appreciate juno
she's pretty wonderful, even if she does have 40 trash emblems on her profile

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
thank u for appreciating me after I asked for it twice over 6 months

Years
Everyone working on and participating in the Get together is amazing but I think Tokyodrift deserves a massive shoutout for their hard work especially.

Years
Everyone working on and participating in the Get together is amazing but I think Tokyodrift deserves a massive shoutout for their hard work especially.

I am one of the participants and as a participant. I am thanking you for the appreciation. I am agreeing to you in the case of Tokyodrift. He has contributed a lot for this get-together.

Edit:- I am really enjoying the get-together. Though, sign ups are closed for many events at the get-together. I would say that the "24 hour counthon" was the most amusing. Hoping to get more good "24 hour" series on the future

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back