• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What game(s) are you nostalgic for?

Izanagee2005

Me. I. Yours truly.
Years
    • Age 18
    • He/Him
    • India
    • Seen yesterday
    There was this one car game which had Batman's name in it but with no Batman and the goal was to avoid crashing. Not very interesting now that I look back at it but I played it when I was about 6 :P (and it was my first game EVER too)

And Pokemon Fire Red too as it was my first ever Pokemon game!

Years
  • I think most games that I played as a kid have a rose tint of nostalgia over them. Crash 2 is probably my favourite game ever, and while I do think it's just a great game all round, it's definately partially due to nostalgia and memories of playing it as a kid.
    One game that I'd say I'm fond of purely because of nostalgia is one called Mort the Chicken, which was a PS1 game where you'd play as a rooster whose world is invated by cubes who think you have enslaved their kind (hay bales) so steal your kind (baby chicks). It's such a bizarre out there game, and it can be 100%ed in under 2 hours, but I'll still occasionally go back and play it purely for nostalgic reasons.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    Games that come to mind are Kirby's Dreamland, Pokemon Blue, Pokemon Gold/Crystal, Pokemon Sapphire, the first two Golden Sun games, Final Fantasy 6, Chrono Trigger, Soul Blazer, Terranigma, Stronghold, Morrowind, a couple RPG-Maker games and probably a lot more I simply forgot right now.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Ocarina of Time, Resident Evil, Kirby 64.. a lot of the old Nintendo 64 games. Those were my jam. <3

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Carries the most nostalgia for Earthbound and the circumstances around it. Emulated it on an old computer in the basement. Stayed cool down there on summer days. Tended to be completely alone. Contrasted drastically with both the good computer and game console set up in the living room. Never had much of a personal space either. Felt almost freeing. (Experienced this somewhat on mornings without school too. Woke up earlier than everyone else. Grabbed a half-hour of solitude then.)

Played a bad version (or on a bad emulator). Lacked sound. Stored a small, old television down there, however. Watched cartoons that the rest of the family might not care for. (Maybe? Only remembers Courage the Cowardly Dog. Was not much of a fan either. Had the option to watch it, though.) Munched on unhealthy snacks too. Remembers that time fondly.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Quite a few games makes me nostalgic. Gothic I & II, Jazz JackRabbit II, Prehistorik, Dyno Blaster, Heroes III and IV and Spyro and Crash trilogies comes to mind.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • The ones I spent a lot of time with during my childhood. Games like FF: Mystic Quest, TMNT IV: Turtles in Time, Super Mario World, Diddy Kong Racing, Paper Mario, Pokemon Red, and those are the first titles that come to mind. Also had some good times with Sonic Adventure and Shenmue on the Dreamcast as well.

Momoro

I'm gonna put some dirt in your eye..
    Years
  • The 4th generation of Pokemon games. First games that come to mind. Soulsilver/Heartgold will always be dear to my heart..

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    tales of symphonia is the one game i will think about once a week and all the memories i've had with it throughout the years

Years
  • First things that comes to mind would be the Jak and Daxter games from the PS2 days. Man, I really wish someone would make games like them nowadays...

Years
  • You know, it's weird, but nothing really comes to mind. I've definitely felt nostalgia while playing games, but just thinking of certain games isn't nostalgic for me and the same game won't necessarily make me nostalgic twice.

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2022
    I'm really nostalgic for that Lion King game for the Genesis. I saw they released a port of it- for all things- the PS4, along with... the Aladdin sega game. Most random collection of games ever. Probably won't get it because it's overpriced, but it was a good game.

Years
  • three games in particular.

★ Zone of the Enders

i'm not a super huge gundam/mecha gaming person, but if you had to ask me to pick one game i've loved from those, this would be it. the story is actually pretty tragic somewhat, but the combat... goodness, the combat is just so satisfying! i don't have a ps3/ps4 anymore, so i can't play the port. i can only reminisce at the good ol' days of playing this game. :c

☆ Xenosaga Series

this is one of those games that... never got a port (iirc?) or a remaster or much of anything, which is a huge shame because i think this is one of the most criminally underrated RPGs out there. Xenosaga has a pretty likeable range of characters, a story that would really draw you in (although it gets rather confusing at first but it clears up in later games), and even though its turn-based combat might be dated by today's standards, it's done in a way that i think is different and unique to the series. i really hope it gets some love in the future, although i feel it probably might not happen.

★ Ratchet & Clank Series

yes, i'm aware this isn't a "dead" series or anything close to that since iirc there's a new PS5 game coming out for it, i still miss playing it, regardless. R&C was HUGE for my childhood self and i've played a ton of games from that series, it's crazy @__@ need to revisit it at some point for the nostalgia but the combat system is stupid fun!

Years
    • Seen today
    It might not be nostalgic for me right now, but it'll eventually be Smash Wii U/3DS. I played frequently with a group of kids after school.

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2022
    -Pokemon, mainly the second generation.
    -Kirby The Crystal Shards
    -Mario Kart: Double Dash
    -The 2D Kirby Games

Years
    • Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire & Emerald
    • Super Mario World
    • Yoshi's Island
    I have nostalgic memories of playing these games. I miss these times so much!

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2021
    The O.G. Custom Robo and Animal Crossing titles for the GC awaken a special part of my childhood

Back