RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness

they/he/she
っ・ω・)っ━☆゚.*・。゚
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
1,778 posts
2.3 Years
Today I learned how to do caps lock on my Chromebook (because there's no caps lock button for some reason)
(╯°Д°)╯ ┻━┻
FLIP ALL THE TABLES!

Q+A / My Art
Owner of PC's fashion club!

Palamon

Has sent out Pikachu!

Age 24
he/him
Milaturia.
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 13 Hours Ago
6,580 posts
12.6 Years
Today I learned you can directly press copy image and paste it into Twitter in Windows 10. I was never able to do that on Windows 7, so I was surprised. I always thought you had to save an image to paste it.
Theme: Tsubomi Kido
Pair: Taemin

VisionofMilotic

Female
Sootopolis City
Seen 18 Hours Ago
Posted 18 Hours Ago
6,485 posts
5.4 Years
I learned that the real Obiwan Kenobi could use the force. By Obiwan I mean the great actor who played him in the original Star Wars trilogy, Sir Alec Guinness. He was a very esteemed actor who made many classic movies like Scrooge, Oliver Twist, Dr. Zhivago, The Bridge Over the River Kwai, Lawrence of Arabia, and he's one of my favorites, and I recently learned that just like his character the wise Jedi knight Obiwan Kenobi in Star Wars, he really could sense things. This is an eerie story I heard from a friend while we were watching Star Wars last night, and I had to look it up see if it was true this morning because it sounded so incredible, but it seems to check out.

In 1955 Guinness met the phenomenally talented young up-and-coming actor James Dean outside a restaurant. Dean was friendly and excited, and showed off his brand new car, a beautiful spyder porsche, to Guinness. As he looked at the vehicle Guinness felt this vibe that he could only describe as sinister, and tried to warn Dean not to drive this one. He said to him in front of witnesses, "If you get in that car, you will be found dead in it by this time next week."

Tragically, James Dean, the legend, was killed in a car accident just a week later. I knew that James Dean had this heartbreaking untimely death in a car collision before he was even 25 years old. I didn't know though until this week that someone had come to him, and predicted his death right before it happened. I have got chills thinking of it.

Name: Narcissus
Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

I got Haxorus on "What Dragon-Type Pokemon are you?" https://quotev.com/quiz/5077163

Cubchoo

ah ~ choo!

he, they
Dragonspiral Tower
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
1,959 posts
274 Days
Today I learned that Windows often won't shut down even when you do press the Shut Down button.

Modern Windows Versions have this feature called "Fast Startup" (often) enabled by default, which means that when shutting down Windows really goes into a bit of a zombie state so it can boot faster when you turn the PC on again.

This makes booting into another OS harder than it needed to be.

Palamon

Has sent out Pikachu!

Age 24
he/him
Milaturia.
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 13 Hours Ago
6,580 posts
12.6 Years
Today I learned it's pronounced "ri" and not "weary" when spelled wry.
Theme: Tsubomi Kido
Pair: Taemin

Soaring Sid

Wishes you a good day

Age 19
Male
Lion's Abode
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Hours Ago
1,596 posts
2.1 Years
Today I learned video editing!
I have to do a video for a scientific popularization contest (kind of like "My Thesis In 3 Minutes") and I learned today how.
New skills to add to the Kabutops: mathematics, programming, editing, cutting people into dice, and surviving at least three mass extinctions.
Wow, that sounds great!

Spoiler:
The Sahara desert takes it's name from the Arabic word for emptiness, al Zahara.
Today I learned a bit about Empress Wu Zeitan, who was China's first and only female emperor, not just an empress. She was a monarch in her own right who had a long and successful reign, living to be 80.
Did she do more good or bad in the entirety of her life? That's a subject that is up for debate in the scholarly community. What she definitely was though was interesting to read about.
Today I learned that Windows often won't shut down even when you do press the Shut Down button.

Modern Windows Versions have this feature called "Fast Startup" (often) enabled by default, which means that when shutting down Windows really goes into a bit of a zombie state so it can boot faster when you turn the PC on again.

This makes booting into another OS harder than it needed to be.

Today I learned these ^ really interesting things! (Spoilered because it would make the post too big)

And yes now it's my turn to share something, so here goes. This was explained to me by my grandfather, who's sort of a lore geek. It's about the story behind why Durva grass/Indian Doob grass (Cynodon dactylon, belonging to family Poaceae to be specific) is used as an offering in the festival of Ganesh Chaturthi:
A powerful demon named Analasur terrorized the people. The Devas consulted Lord Shiva, asking for his help and protection. Lord Shiva directed them to his son, Lord Ganesha (the God for whom the festival is now being held). Lord Ganesha battled the demon and swallowed him up.
This seemed like a victory, but this act caused lord Ganesha a lot of agony. The devas tried their best to help him, but to little avail. Then numerous sages offered the grass (popularly called Durva) in 21 stacks and cured him of the pain. In commemoration of this tale of legends, the Durva grass is offered during this festival

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.

Online now
Posted 4 Minutes Ago
2,785 posts
1.5 Years
Today I learned that the eyes of Cradily are not the obvious yellow eye patterns on the top of its head, but the tiny yellow circles in the dark area that I thought was a mouth.
I guess that pareidolia is my nemesis XD

Tropius @ 2,634
Offered fully-raised @ 2,634
Offered for having 5 ribbons
Shiny: No
Archen: ReKoil @ 6,535 / StCooler @ 2,634
Hatch: ReKoil @ 6,550 / StCooler @ 2,649
Archeops @ Lv 100: ReKoil @ 6,735 / StCooler @ 2,834
Petilil @ 2,613
Hatch @ 2,628
Lilligant @ Level 100: 2,788
Shiny: Yes
Kabuto: StCooler @ 2,420 / ReKoil @ 6,262
Hatch: StCooler @ 2,435 / ReKoil @ 6,277
Kabutops @ Lv 100: StCooler @ 2,620 / ReKoil @ 6,462
Arceus - Normal @ 2,372
Hatch @ 2,387
Arceus - Normal @ Level 100: 2,612
Igglybuff @ 2,193
Hatch @ 2,208
Wigglytuff @ Level 100: 2,368

My work for Pokémon Essentials: ►Gen 8 move animations

Cubchoo

ah ~ choo!

he, they
Dragonspiral Tower
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
1,959 posts
274 Days
Today I learned that despite Gold and Silver being the second highest selling Pokémon games of all times, Crystal was the least selling 3rd version game of the entire franchise (and the least selling main game in general, not counting VC rereleases).

FireRed and LeafGreen were also the least selling remakes, including Let's Go Pikachu / Eevee who have already outsold it.

ZeoStar

dream world
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 17 Hours Ago
Came to the realization that my attention span is awful

One moment i'm watching a horror video

The next i'm tabbed onto google typing "Who who would captain america or batman"
http://www.simpleimageresizer.com/_uploads/photos/1c9662e4/cloud_3_400x350.jpg