• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Today I learned...

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    In order to create cheese you require a certain enzyme that can only be gotten out of calves' stomaches. What this means is that cheese isn't actually vegetarian.

Years
    • Seen today
    I deviated from how I normally play Pokemon games and decided on a weaker team. I learned a few things.

It's like Hoenn was built to destroy Shedinja. So many pokemon just randomly have dark type coverage like astonish and faint attack. I understand why, because with Shedinja so easily obtainable early on, it could be highly game breaking. I never noticed on my other playthrough's, but it also seems Hoenn is way more status heavy than other regions. Feels like I can't go through a single battle without getting paralyzed.

I slept on Minun and Pelipper all these years. Both are fantastic. I can't say the same about slugma so far.

Last edited:
    Years
    Today I learned that the human brains weighs approximately 3 lbs.

In order to create cheese you require a certain enzyme that can only be gotten out of calves' stomaches. What this means is that cheese isn't actually vegetarian.

Not all cheese is made with rennet (the goat or calf stomach lining), many popular cheeses are indeed traditionally made through this process and not vegetarian, parmesean is a classic example. The soft milky and sour cheeses on the other hand like cream cheese, paneer, ricotta, laughing cow are prepared in a different way, and typically coagulated with acidic ingredients like vinegar, lemon etc or they are using a microbial enzyme. This kind of cheese should be vegetarian. One way to tell for sure is if it's been certified as kosher. A kosher cheese will not contain rennet since meat and milk can't be combined under these dietary rules.

Years
    • Seen today
    YouTube is removing the dislike button.

I guess this means yearly rewinds will be returning.

Years
    • Seen today
    It's been useless for a while anyway.

It hasn't functioned properly for comments. Disliking still works on videos. If you mean disliking is useless because the video will be promoted either way, that's true. It's better ignorining a video completely. However I think it's a good form of expression. You could see instantly how many people had been upset over the Switch Expansion Pass.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Today I learned we can have severe thunderstorms in mid-November. What the hell NJ?

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    TIL that the Japanese name for the pokémon attack "curse" also means "slow", which is why the move can do both things depending on your pokémon's type.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    That I need to be more mindful about the phrases "I feel." and "I think".

Like, you can't think fragile, but you can feel it. You can't think satisfied, but you can feel it. Know what I mean?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Today I learned female hyenas have higher testosterone levels than a male hyena.

...Which means, without even knowing it, since I'm writing a hyena chimera original character that's male for a fanfiction, that I was actually accurate with how male hyenas might actually be in the real world.

Back