i'll try to grab a bunch and do a giveaway on TC, this is a cool event

colours

Female
the dream world
Online now
Posted 1 Hour Ago
6,507 posts
15.3 Years
I wish Game Freak did not Shiny Lock Legendaries these days. I want to be able to soft reset for a Shiny Tapu Fini. :)
Probably because they're saving those shinies for event giveaways, making the shinies more valuable instead of something you can soft reset for.

... but that's just conjecture, really.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon

Female
Celadon Gym
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted June 24th, 2020
Probably because they're saving those shinies for event giveaways, making the shinies more valuable instead of something yo can soft reset for.

... but that's just conjecture, really.
Whilst it could be argued that making Shiny Legendary Pokemon event only more valuable wouldn't it conversely make them less valuable.

For example instead of only a few people having a Shiny Tapu Koko through luck/soft resetting a host of people now have one (or more) Shiny Tapu Koko making the Shiny remarkably common.
Currently playing - Omega Ruby Grass Monotype

colours

Female
the dream world
Online now
Posted 1 Hour Ago
6,507 posts
15.3 Years
Whilst it could be argued that making Shiny Legendary Pokemon event only more valuable wouldn't it conversely make them less valuable.

For example instead of only a few people having a Shiny Tapu Koko through luck/soft resetting a host of people now have one (or more) Shiny Tapu Koko making the Shiny remarkably common.
Well, yes and no.

You're basically right; legendary shinies from event giveaways become less valuable because they become common, but don't forget that these giveaways are limited in time and there are people that miss out for various reasons. Because of the time-limited nature of these events, as well as the fact that no one knows if it'll ever happen again, those legendary shinies still retain their value for the most part.

Zacian

刀劍 のザシアン.

Age 28
Male
Galar
Online now
Posted 30 Minutes Ago
1,414 posts
10.9 Years

It is still different; considering the ones you received from events are in Cherish Balls, have a Ribbon that prevent trading on Wonder Trade and GTS etc.

Although event Pokemon ends up all being just trophies to me in the boxes, I still love receiving them.
"We draw the sword with a clean conscience and with clean hands.."

Tsutarja

Age 25
Male
Florida
Online now
Posted 7 Minutes Ago
26,023 posts
10.4 Years
So is this both NA and European?
We are unsure at this time if this extends to Europe as well. Be sure to stick around as we get more details in. 8)

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!

Age 26
Male
Littleroot Town
Seen July 1st, 2020
Posted September 10th, 2018
2,369 posts
10.7 Years
I hope I can get it, I wasn't able ot get the Salazzle, hoping I can get the Marshadow this weekend right before its gone (I wanted the card though :(). Can't really go that far that often with everything with my mom.
Age 35
Finland
Online now
Posted 2 Days Ago
947 posts
13.1 Years
So is this both NA and European?
We are unsure at this time if this extends to Europe as well. Be sure to stick around as we get more details in. 8)
It'll be available in Europe as well: https://twitter.com/BulbaNewsNOW/status/919962588812922885
Mewtwo X Espeon 4-ever!

Altairis

take me ☆ take you

Female
database database
Seen August 13th, 2019
Posted October 5th, 2018
5,173 posts
8.2 Years
Well, yes and no.

You're basically right; legendary shinies from event giveaways become less valuable because they become common, but don't forget that these giveaways are limited in time and there are people that miss out for various reasons. Because of the time-limited nature of these events, as well as the fact that no one knows if it'll ever happen again, those legendary shinies still retain their value for the most part.
I think it's the opposite, at least in the trade scene. When you SR or RNG ingame, you need to watch out for shininess and IVs, but with events, you just need IVs, which is pretty easy. In addition to that, it's so easy to farm events since you just need to get to the PC for the first time vs farming legends in-game require you to actually play through the game. So basically in the trade scene now everybody and their mom's gonna have a shiny Null wih good IVs, whereas before I feel like I was possibly the only one on PC and one of a few people on other forums with a 5IV shiny Null.

Before anyone mentions Hyper Training, I'm talking about the trading community, where many people value mons that are perfect without HT a lot higher (maybe not here, but still). Even with HT, events still make it easy to get a shiny mon with a certain Hidden Power (see Tapu Koko) whereas his would be a lot harder ingame due to you needing to SR or RNG for both shiniess AND HP not just one (in RNG, shininess + IVs can take ~12+ hrs of waiting ingame, whereas IVs can take 5 minutes). Finally, even WITH Hyper Training, plain shiny Nulls are still worth something to people since they had to work for it, but now they're gonna be worth nothing.

ORAS/XYBW

Tsutarja

Age 25
Male
Florida
Online now
Posted 7 Minutes Ago
26,023 posts
10.4 Years
I have updated the article to include further information in regards to the distribution in Europe.

pastelspectre

PC’s YouTuber fanboy

Age 22
Male
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Hours Ago
2,079 posts
10.3 Years
darn now i actually have to get out of my house and go to gamestop

oh well, i will just try to see if my friend has some extras he can give me and if not i'll just have to go to gamestop myself

Hikamaru

Age 27
Female
Australia
Seen January 24th, 2019
Posted September 4th, 2018
50,232 posts
9.4 Years
Posting to remind that the event has been confirmed for EB Games in Australia as well. The codes will be available until November 13th.
Gone forever for personal reasons.
Visit my Tumblr page if you wish to contact me.

http://daikenkki.tumblr.com/

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool

Male
Seen May 25th, 2020
Posted June 12th, 2019
992 posts
8.9 Years
I'll go and grab this guy when he comes out at my local Gamestop. Not sure if I will use him on any teams, but I might.
Masters of Hoenn

"Somewhere off in a distant world, an island exists, where the ocean only meets the sand, where the weather is always warm. An adventure begins, traveling from the vast lands into the deep seas, chasing into the heart of the tropics, where the plants are vibrant and the beasts are fantastic. We will find each other there, chasing the fleeting dreams of a land full of beauty and potential."