I. What. Amazed/horrified.

Hyzenthlay

Age 20
Castle of the Crystal
Online now
Posted 28 Minutes Ago
6,013 posts
7.7 Years
If only this had been available for Halloween... I needed a good scare.

Pichu

Age 27
Male
Johto
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
5,933 posts
11.2 Years
Im pleasantly surprised and am excited for this!
Age 30
Male
Ohio
Seen 22 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
944 posts
12.9 Years
I...

Uh...

Hmm...

I don't even...

:freaked-out:

In all seriousness though...

Some of the Pokemon look a little cringy but Ryan Reynolds is THE BEST at making EVERYTHING better apparently.

I might watch.

*whistles innocently*
PROUD Anti-Brony
We Fight. We Overcome. We Believe. The Roman Reigns of the internet.

Ash

Seen 4 Weeks Ago
Posted March 8th, 2020
Honestly i wasnt as horrified as i thought i would be and the story seems fun enough. i look forward to watching it. Maybe pick up and pkay the game by then too.

Laslow

Ashe – House of Blue Lions

Male
Melbourne, Australia
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
18,254 posts
17.6 Years
I like it! Its a deviation from the norm, a little, what with how we expect Pokmon to be portrayed. I suppose the cartoony art style for the Pokmon wouldnt work in our real world, so the realistic depictions of the monsters is actually really cool and totally not tacky CGI.

Laslow

Ashe – House of Blue Lions

Male
Melbourne, Australia
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
18,254 posts
17.6 Years
Also, Ryan Reynolds fits right in. Love the deadpan.

colours

Female
the dream world
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
6,411 posts
15.2 Years
I like Pikachu's voice, so there's that.

I feel like seeing realistic Pokemon is probably going to take some getting used to.

jasonresno

[fight through it]

Age 30
Male
Illinois
Seen February 13th, 2019
Posted November 12th, 2018
1,663 posts
15.5 Years
A little surprised by some of the negative feedback here. I'm down for anything that tries to push mainstream Pokemon entertainment in a different direction. My biggest fear is that no matter what I do, I'll feel like I'm watching Deadpool acting as Pikachu. So there's that.

“As children, we believe that anything is possible. As adults, we must remember.”
[Blog] - [Fiction]
Seen November 20th, 2018
Posted November 20th, 2018
16 posts
1.7 Years
The graphics felt like a combination of fuzziness of Ted and the intimidating appearance of the dinosaurs of Jurassic World. The first time I saw the trailer it gave me an Alita Battle Angel vibes. Surprisingly, I'm very interested to see this.
I never thought of installing wheels on my own would be so difficult but I think this foose wheels is worth it.

Sawsbuck

used Jump Kick! It's super effective!

Male
Dragonspiral Tower/Metro Detroit (313), Michigan
Seen 4 Weeks Ago
Posted April 27th, 2020
maxresdefault_5.jpg
I'm kinda excited for it tbh
Spoiler:

Be strong, TheUncreativeSawsbuckFan. You're perfect as you are
"Do what you feel, the more absurd the better
Don't be afraid whatever you got, show
Flaunt your personality"

Percy

Male
Asia
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Hours Ago
3,040 posts
5.9 Years
never really thought that a live-action pokemon film would be good. the pokemon looks a bit toy-like but i like it. Also ryan reynolds as pikachu is 10/10. something to look forward to in 2019

Nah

Age 27
Female
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 21 Hours Ago
14,210 posts
6.7 Years
ngl the trailer actually kind of makes me interested in seeing this
Nah ンン
“No, I... I have to be strong. Everyone expects me to."

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess

Age 20
Female
The Abyss
Online now
Posted 14 Hours Ago
671 posts
3.7 Years
Might watch it when it hits theaters, even though that Mr. Mime will haunt my nightmares.
“In great deeds, something abides. On great fields, something stays. Forms change and pass; bodies disappear; but spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision-place of souls… generations that know us not and that we know not of, heart-drawn to see where and by whom great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! the shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision pass into their souls.”

Joshua Chamberlain

Name: Tombstone
Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Hyzenthlay

Age 20
Castle of the Crystal
Online now
Posted 28 Minutes Ago
6,013 posts
7.7 Years
2010 Airbender bad or worse?
I doubt it will stoop to that level. xD

Don't get me wrong, Detective Pikachu seems really fun, I was mostly commenting on how creepy/awkward the Pokmon look, haha. :p The trailer is giving me definite Hop vibes. The kind of movie you don't take seriously and just watch for a cringe-induced laugh. :D

Uecil

Location not valid.
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
2,444 posts
10.7 Years
I'm usually pretty judgmental when it comes to things that were once animated becoming live-action, but I'm pretty amazed at how well (imo) they've done at being able to depict the Pokemon the way they've done. I heard about the news of this film a while ago and I huffed at it, then was amused by the idea, but yeup. This trailer has won me over so far.

Pikachu's just so fluffy and adorable tho! //ivesaidthisfivetimessincelastnight
A little bit sad about how psyduck looks, but tbh, what do I expect. It's a water duck and that's pretty much as it's close as it's going to get to what Psyduck is. The same applies for Jigglypuff and Mr.Mime.

I do like the little details on some of the other Pokemon they've shown so far, for example, Charizard and Bulbasaur.

🚀 📱 💕

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff

Age 32
Male
Ukraine
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted April 17th, 2020
589 posts
14.1 Years
I am not usually the one for anything Pokmon-related outside of the main series and the very few spinoffs, but the trailer mostly reminded me of the movie Ted, which I like a lot. So I'll be keeping an eye on this.

Friend codes:
Pokémon GO: 2092-0866-5439 | Electric-type Safari: 4468-2370-5617 (Electrode - Pikachu - Galvantula) | Dark-type Safari: 1134-8222-3179 (Nuzleaf - Cacturne - Liepard)
PM before adding. If you don't mention which code you added, I will NOT add you back.