Advertiser Content

mattymannnn

Male
Seen 21 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
36 posts
1.1 Years

Welcome to the Azira Region

Azira is a dense region in South America that is home to many species of Pokémon while they migrate across the globe. Once every decade, a majority of the migration paths sync up and cause the region's Pokémon population to skyrocket! This event is known as the Great Migration. Trainers, gym leaders, professors, and adventurers come from far and wide to experience this grand event.

Your family is from the Hoenn region, where your brother ventured out to become a Pokémon master! Now it is your turn. You and your mother have moved to Haba island, a small landmass located just off the coast of the mainland. Upon arriving, Professor Oak recruits you to help him with his studies. He believes the migration paths are directly related to the behavior of legendary and mythical Pokémon, and needs your help to collect data for his research on this phenomena.

Explore Azira while you discover the secret to the migration routes, uncover Team Rocket's nefarious plan, and encounter some familiar faces along the way!

Screens

Features

• Pokémon: The regional Pokédex consists of 240 Pokémon with a decent variety from every generation. All Pokémon have their stats, movesets, cries, evolutions, and sprites updated. The Physical/Special split has been implemented, along with over 100 moves and abilities from later generations. Legendary Pokémon events are spread throughout the game, not just post-game, so that your favorite legendary or mythical Pokémon can accompany you on your journey.

• New Mechanics: Alongside many small updates (reusable TM's, BW Repel system, facing trainers, Fairy-Type, exp. gain on capture, etc.), new mechanics include a new field move system that does away with HMs entirely, Day/Night, Honey Trees, Mega Evolutions, and more.

• Updated Graphics: All graphics have been updated while staying true to the Gen III style. Everything from tiles and animations, to battle backgrounds, Pokémon sprites, trainer sprites, and overworld sprites are all new.

• Music: The soundtrack is a blend of music from FR/LG and R/S/E, as well as a few custom tracks.

Pokédex

Spoiler:

*All Pokémon with multiple formes DO have each of their formes available in-game.
**All Pokémon available that have an official Mega Evolution can be Mega Evolved.

Downloads

Pokémon Saffron Demo v1.1

The demo goes up to the 3rd Gym, and contains plenty of side content to play.
Before starting the game, read the ''README" file that comes with the download.

Credits

Spoiler:

tonyboy
Wichu
ZodiacDaGreat
LU-OH
HackMew
Jambo51
JPAN
FBI
KarateKid552
Spherical Ice
DoesntKnowHowToPlay
Diegoisawesome
Magicscarf
WesleyFG
Kleenexfeu
HunterCrash
Dragonflye
Dante
Seiyouh
Pey!
Shawn Frost
Zein Zeo
MrDollSteak
Shiny Quagsire
Touched
Daniils
Delta231
Esperance
Joexv
Avara
Darthatron
Mastermind_X
Mwksoul
Squeetz
Lunos
Ruff
Petuuuhhh

I have used and removed so many small features and tiles that I can't keep track of who should even be credited.
If I used something of yours and you are not listed here, tell me!
If you are listed here and I didn't end up using anything from you, oh well!

Support Banner

[URL="https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=9976394#post9976394"][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/eBI6V1x.png[/IMG][/URL]

Discord

Avara

Author of Tales

Female
Izantine
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 6 Hours Ago
1,050 posts
7.6 Years
Looks great so far, I especially love your titlescreen. Best of luck!

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok and Kim Namjoon ♥

Age 24
Male
Alola
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
770 posts
8.1 Years
Looks like something to look forward to
"Hello, I'm your hope, you're my hope, I'm J-Hope!" - J-Hope

"Cause I'm Irish, and everyone remembers me." - Niall Horan

"Um, I work in a bakery." - Harry Styles

"Feel free to insult me, but you don’t have the right to insult our fans." - Louis Tomlinson

"Believe in something bigger than yourself and find your purpose." - Justin Bieber

"Music really transcends languages, and it means so much." - RM

mattymannnn

Male
Seen 21 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
36 posts
1.1 Years
Looks great!!!!!
Definitely going to try it ^_^
Thanks!

Looks great so far, I especially love your titlescreen. Best of luck!
Thank you! Your XSE tutorial has been my bible while making this hack haha!

Good luck on this, I hope this is completed down the road as this looks like it will be a interesting hack.
I've been working on it for a long time and have every intention of completing it no matter how long it takes!

Looks promising! Good luck with it.
Thanks!

Hey, r u going to include ultra instinct pyukumuku in your game?
No, all obtainable pokemon are shown in the dex section of the post.

All the way from Reddit and now to the Pokecommunity! Welcome and good luck!
Took me long enough, haha

mattymannnn

Male
Seen 21 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
36 posts
1.1 Years
I love your story and the way you pitched it. It's an interesting concept which looks like it can also get very deep interms of lore and world building.
Great graphic work as well.
Wow, thanks! Also thank you for all of your contributions here. Alot of your asm code is in this game!

bh02032002

Beta Tester for Pokemon Saffron Version

Age 17
Male
Seen 21 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
160 posts
3.1 Years
man came on pokecommunity to see a new rom hack. This is amazing of course. wish you luck on completion. like the screenshots as well. They look really good and i also like the custom tiles. got a quick question though. what's your current progress?
Rom hacks i support: Pokemon Adventure Red Chapter, Pokemon Gaia, Pokemon Firered Rocket Edition, Pokemon Orange, Pokemon Unbound, Pokemon Masterquest, Pokemon Saffron Version, Pokemon Dark energy

Hacks I have beta tested: Pokemon Masterquest, Pokemon Saffron.

Currently beta testing: Pokemon Saffron version.

i can beta test 2 rom hacks at a time, so basically i have 1 more spot open. so if anyone needs a beta tester for a pokemon rom hack PM me please.

Burningocean2012

Non-binary
Cybertron
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
171 posts
2 Years
This one looks good!I'll be sure to try it when I can.
Games I'm watching :Aeon/Misanthropy 2/Coral/Xi Arco/Saffron
Virion/Spectrum/Dark Energy/Discovery/Postscriptum/Floral Tempus/Conjure
Pheonix Rising/Life/Normal Version/CountryBalls/Sea Temple/Re_Imagined/
Catalyst/Black Cinder/Scarlet Blaze/Jasper/Axis/Winds of Shadow
Sage/Unbound/DiamondAndPearl Advance/Lilac/Gaia DS/Saiph

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this into your signature.

mattymannnn

Male
Seen 21 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
36 posts
1.1 Years
If I may ask, forgot to in my og post, do you plan on having post game content besides catching the remaining legendary pokemon since it looks like you have plenty?
Yes. Most of the legendaries will become available at some point in the game so there will be post game content unrelated to catching legendaries.

man came on pokecommunity to see a new rom hack. This is amazing of course. wish you luck on completion. like the screenshots as well. They look really good and i also like the custom tiles. got a quick question though. what's your current progress?
The story goes up to right after the second gym so far.

Wow nice looking hack, and it has pokemon cries from generation 4-7
Yes and every pokemon in the game has their cry updated to the new ones from the later gen games.

Inner Rhymes

Male
India.
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
569 posts
2.1 Years
Just throwing in an udpate here. The ROM hacker in charge of Saffron posted an update on the sub Reddit r/PokemonROMhacks saying that the current version is in beta testing stage!
Track Number 2 of my debut Mixtape, Venting Session Vol.1:
What's it like - https://youtu.be/Qxs6shEpHIo
A lot of emotions, thought and a bit of nostalgia went into the making of this particular track on the Mixtape.
Advertiser Content