• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★ Toxic to the Touch ★ Poison Type Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
    I just discovered that Swalot can use the elemental punches wthout having a distinguishable punching hand. I mean, there are hands. but they are stubby.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
    Yeah, Swalot is one of those Poison types that leaves me scratching my head. Although there is this:
    ★ Toxic to the Touch ★ Poison Type Fan Club

So I guess it's not too far fetched.

Years
    Swalot is a Pokémon I wish I had more of a chance to use than i've gotten to. I did use it in X briefly at one point, but it does have a lot of move options it can use. And it has good HP, but its other stats are only around average. ): I may have to try to get more usage out of it sometime, and I do like those whiskers on it.

CoffeeDrink

Years
    Swalot is a Pokémon I wish I had more of a chance to use than i've gotten to. I did use it in X briefly at one point, but it does have a lot of move options it can use. And it has good HP, but its other stats are only around average. ): I may have to try to get more usage out of it sometime, and I do like those whiskers on it.

Yeah. The main drawback to Swalot is it's lack of good/great stats. While it's fine to use in a lot of offline activities and to just pal around, there are several other Poison types out there that actually fill a role. Swalot seems to be juggling what it's supposed to be with what it wants to be, if that makes any sense.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
    Swalot at least gets access to some powerful moves; Either by TM/HM or egg moves. Garbodor gets shafted... which may just be a clever design feature since she IS garbage :)

CoffeeDrink

Years
    I don't think so. Garbodor has access to Gunkshot earlier and has the Attack stats to utilize the move properly, not to mention Garbodor is faster and has Toxic Spikes and Spikes in it's move list. Needless to say Garbodor has acess to just as many heavy hitting moves as Swalot and has the ability to use them properly in battle. That's not to mention that I think Garbodor has better abilities than Swalot.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
    I just realized I've been liking all of Coffee's posts. .-. *coughcough*

I really like Garbodor and Swalot, but I never usethem, it's not even like I've seen their stats. ;w;U I just.... Don't use them....

It makes me feel bad....

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    I just realized I've been liking all of Coffee's posts. .-. *coughcough*

That's punny.

Garbodor doesn't really appeal to me because it's trash because it's design really just doesn't do much for me. I guess it accomplishes what it's supposed to, but it still doesn't do anything for me.

CoffeeDrink

Years
    Speaking of Garbodor, I think we just found our new Pokémon of the week! Garbodor isn't the best, but he sure is one of those resilient types! He can also learn Drain Punch and Rock Polish! Rock Polish? Why can Garbodor learn Rock Polish?

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    Speaking of Garbodor, I think we just found our new Pokémon of the week! Garbodor isn't the best, but he sure is one of those resilient types! He can also learn Drain Punch and Rock Polish! Rock Polish? Why can Garbodor learn Rock Polish?

Sure why not? Here's the official stuff I usually do:

Spoiler:

Black Pokédex: It clenches opponents with its left arm and finishes them off with foul-smelling poison gas belched from its mouth.

That's just gross.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
    Dat pic tho.
    Garbodor: GRAHAHAHAHA LUV MEEEE

I haven't had a good chance to use Garbodor outside of cards, but it seems very neat. Stench is very fitting. XD I should use one next time I play BW. :/
    When I saw Trubbish in the anime I awwwed at it because of how cute it was, and Garbodor looks less appealing but still very cool. Appealing because it's garbage and garbage has banana peals

CoffeeDrink

Years
    Well, keep in mind that garbage can be turned into mulch! And mulch is very handy for berry farming, who knew? Also, I think I have a Garbodor I was using somewhere in the Pokébank, we'll have to see where that is.

Nakala Pri

If I just spelt that like that then I'll cry >:(

*cries*

I'm so tempted to use Garbodor but I'm using Poison types less and less. Right now, on Omega Ruby, I have a bad ass Drapion HOWEVER I also have a Zoroark so two dark types is such a waste. xD I've already used Skunktank so I'm throwing that out and apparently I have to trade a damn Golbat in order to get a stinkin' Crobat so that's annoying. Already used Roserade and yeah.... :(

HOW ABOUT A KOFFDROP

I mean a Koffing? 8D Is it any good?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back