• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★ Toxic to the Touch ★ Poison Type Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    Holy shit, guys:

I was just trying to get to Cianwood.

Kind of makes you wanna use those repels a bit less, eh? I actually did a no repel run in FireRed hoping something like that would happen, but to no avail so far.

Shiny Tentas look cool in the Gen VI games honestly. They did a great job with the colors.

Poki

Banned
    Years
    Kind of makes you wanna use those repels a bit less, eh? I actually did a no repel run in FireRed hoping something like that would happen, but to no avail so far.

Shiny Tentas look cool in the Gen VI games honestly. They did a great job with the colors.
    Yup. That's why I never use repels, haha.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
    I think its time i join here haha
    Name:Dedenne1
    Pick two Poison-type Partner Pokémon: Skrelp, Skunky
    Reason(s) for liking Poison-types: Umm theyre super effective against fairies and they only have 2 weaknesses! Plus a good amount of types are not very affective against them
    Answer to current topic: POTW Garbodor
    Although i am not in love with his looks haha hes pretty powerful and tanky plus his moveset is good and i see that attack stat and its pretty good compared to his high defenses. Also stench is a good ability along with aftermath and as an added bonus i do like the coloring on his shiny form!

Wicked3DS

Years
    I think its time i join here haha
    Name:Dedenne1
    Pick two Poison-type Partner Pokémon: Skrelp, Skunky
    Reason(s) for liking Poison-types: Umm theyre super effective against fairies and they only have 2 weaknesses! Plus a good amount of types are not very affective against them
    Answer to current topic: POTW Garbodor
    Although i am not in love with his looks haha hes pretty powerful and tanky plus his moveset is good and i see that attack stat and its pretty good compared to his high defenses. Also stench is a good ability along with aftermath and as an added bonus i do like the coloring on his shiny form!

Welcome! Did you want Stunky or Skuntank? I have to agree about Garbodor's looks, but I guess it's supposed to look pretty trashy (har har). It's got some good moves to take advantage up, but nothing jumps out about it's stats.

Dedenne1

Years
    Welcome! Did you want Stunky or Skuntank? I have to agree about Garbodor's looks, but I guess it's supposed to look pretty trashy (har har). It's got some good moves to take advantage up, but nothing jumps out about it's stats.

Its defense seems to be notable and i do think its SpAtk is average but it has some kick butt moves that kinda make up for it and thanks for the welcome and nice pun lol. Stunky btw u always spell it wrong lol.

Return

You can make to the sunrise....
    Years
    Pokémon of the Week: Garbodor
    I dont like Garbodor so much but i like Garbodor Appearance.Garbodor is able to spray poisonous gas,Garbodor has two long arms made of garbage that are held together with piping and i also like that Garbodor is completely made up of Garbage and prefers to live in unsanitary places(like Garbage dumps).I sometimes consider him a cute Pokemon ^_^
    Note: I apologize because i am not posting here but from now i will start Posting here :)

Years
    Oh wow, Garbodor is the PotW? Sure, i'll take that. xD

As I mentioned in the thread about it currently in the Fifth Generation, I think part of my reason for liking it now has to do with Marriland's from his Black Wedlocke. That makes me want to use my own Garbodor in Generation V or maybe XY sometime. (inb4 I get one through Wonder Trade...)

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
    *coughcough I'm not late*

You guys mean you don't just never use Repels? ._. I thought that was a given. Unless your Pokes are dyingwillflareon then you shouldn't need them. ._. Am I an outcast again.....?......

Yes Coffee but no one gives POTW anymore it seems. 'w'U Why don't you post one up is Wiked doesn't? I would but I have no courage meep
    EDIT: I'll get over it does this help? .-.

Spoiler:

Skrelp :3

X PokeDex:
    Camouflaged as rotten kelp, they spray liquid poison on prey that approaches unawares and then finish it off.

SOOOOO..... It's commonly chain fished for because of it's shiny looking ten times better than it's normal colors.... It's also pretty popular being Poison/Dragon to deal with it's Fairy Weakness.

I personally love it and would have used it if I knew where to get it in my first run of Y, so I haven't ACTUALLY trued it out in battle yet, but I did manage to catch a shiny one the other day.
    (And really cool lookin' 'cool Poki. 'w')

Last edited:

Wicked3DS

Years
    Trying to prove a point >.>

It had been 1 day since the last POTW-related post. I usually give it another day or so before I jump into the next one. It's about flow of the discussion. If it goes stale, we get another one. We don't need to go 100mph all the time here.

Anyway...

Fun fact: Skrelp and Dragalge are the only Poison-types introduced in Gen VI. I don't mind them really, but I think Dragalge should've stayed Water/Poison instead of changing to Dragon. Even still, Skrelp is a neat little Pokémon and it's very unique.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    It would have been nice to see them introduce a bit more poison-types in generation six, but two isn't precisely a bad number, I would say, haha.

As for Skrelp and Dragalge, I'm a fan of the line. They're meant to be a combination of water and poison, I believe, and their appearance seems to represent that without much trouble at all, at least in my eyes; it's good to see them achieve that.

When it comes to battling, I'm not sure I have much opinion on these two, sorry to say. Although I did utilize them on my in-game team a couple of times before--they were fun to use!--I've never had much chance of trying my hands on them competitively, and that's where my downside lies. Some day, however, I will get around to it.

Nakala Pri

I was tempted to use Skrelp when I caught one while trying to look for a Unicorn Seal and I was all like 'COOL im so good at this' buuuuuuuut I'm not so sure about them. >:( They're trying too hard to be effortlessly cool.

I WON'T GIVE IN TO THEIR BOYISH WAYS!!!!

I'm still on OmegaRuby deciding on my Delta episode team. XD I NEED to drop that OP Drapion but she's so cute. ;~;

By the way this club hit 1000 posts. :')

Years
    I do like Skrelp and Dragalge in terms of design. I never really got a chance to use them casually (since they're in the versions I'm not maining) but I did get a shot using one on Showdown in a random battle. It's a bit slow and that's not really my style, but it does get Adaptability (now legal thanks to ORAS DexNav) to make its Dragon and Poison moves pack extra punch.

It was kinda sad they were the only new 6th Gen Poison-types, especially considering this was the debut of Fairy-types and Poison has an advantage over them.

Dedenne1

Years
    Trying to prove a point >.>

It had been 1 day since the last POTW-related post. I usually give it another day or so before I jump into the next one. It's about flow of the discussion. If it goes stale, we get another one. We don't need to go 100mph all the time here.

Anyway...

Fun fact: Skrelp and Dragalge are the only Poison-types introduced in Gen VI. I don't mind them really, but I think Dragalge should've stayed Water/Poison instead of changing to Dragon. Even still, Skrelp is a neat little Pokémon and it's very unique.

Ummm yes.....
    As in my mind i dont even see it as part dragon it could be but its just idk not haha. I like Skrelp and dragalge just the same though but i thought when they do make a dragon and poison it would look a lot different than that have some better defense and be way powerful!

I didnt really care for the small amount of poison types at first. BUT THEN....
    Skrelp is only obtainable in one so in one u cant even obtain your newest poison type so u have to go with an older gen poke if u wanted poison on ur team. So i think there should have been atleast one more poison type that debuted as well as a not game exclusive where if u did get the chance to have Skrelp u could pick between the 2 and if u didnt u could atleast get the other poison type.

Return

Years
    I like Skrelp and Dragalge Pokemon as they have high special defense(especially in Pokemon games) and somewhat very powerful.i like that they have made at least one poison/dragon type Pokemon(Dragalge)in the anime and particularly in games.They are not obtainable in many games as they are newest poison type Pokemon.I don't mind to use them as they have many resistances against different types.
    But....
    These are the only new poison type Pokemon introduced in Generation VI:(I think there should be more Poison type Pokemon introduced in the Pokemon Anime as Poison type Pokemon have an advantage over fairy type Pokemon.:)

Wicked3DS

Years
    Pokémon of the Week time!

Spoiler:

Ariados!

Crystal Pokédex: Rather than making a nest in one specific spot, it wanders in search of food after darkness falls.

I dub thee "Hunter Spider."

Ariados is one of my favorites for design, it unfortunately doesn't get the best attacks in the world to support it, but it still it pretty cool if you ask me.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
    Ariados is possibly my favorite Bug Type! :D Of course other Poison Types up there but it's dual types so it has that going for it. I loved using Ariados in one playthrough of Cristallo, an Italian Nuzlocke. Unfortunately Foofy the Ariados died at Morty's hands. :(

Design wise I really like it. I hate spiders generally yet I love Ariados and Galvantula[/B].

Return

Years
    I consider Ariados a cute Spider type Pokemon.I used it in many games.(Game Like Pokemon Emerald)
    But sadly Ariados has lack of strong moves(It only strong moves are Psychic and Poison Jab).Apart from its moves.
    I still like Ariados as it is so cool and its appearance make its dashing and Awesome.
    Btw its red body with black stripes make Ariados my second favourite Poison type Pokemon(next to Arbok) :)

Last edited:

Dedenne1

Years
    Ah ariados....
    Such an underused poke but it was great in gen 2.
    I do see it completely as a bug and poison while others i dont and i feel it should be stronger and have better stats than it has its quite the scary poke haha.
    I also wish it had better moves haha he is a great poison and bug mix alittle behind beedrill of coarse.

Years
    I have watched Ariados be used in a few NU battles, and it has Sticky Web to lay out and lower the speeds of opponents. And it does have two nice 4x resistances, I recall catching a high level one with Megahorn by using the DexNav.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back