• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

✿ Petals in the Wind - The Grass-type Fan Club ✿

Status
Not open for further replies.

Etherion

Name: Lief
    Type: Grass
    Ability: Shell Armor
    Moves: Bite | Razor Leaf | Stockpile
    Stats: 55|68|64|45|55|31

(I hope this is not violating the rules but...)

Lief need 3 LIKES to evolve

Last edited:

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Username: Superstrength79
    Partner Pokemon: Maple (Breloom), Buttercup (shiny Ivysaur)

What is your favorite grass-type Pokemon and why?

That's a really tough question. I'm always happy to get a Grass-type Pokemon on my team. My recent Nuzlocke has won me over on a Pokemon I didn't originally like - Amoonguss. My favorite, non-starter, Grass-type is probably Breloom though. I was pleasantly surprised when it was first released in GEN3. Shroomish was a bit meh, but when I found out what it evolved into! ^^

Who is your favorite grass-type gym leader and why?

Gardenia, I love her outfit!

What made you love grass-type Pokemon?

They get all of the cool attacks. Vine Whip, Razor Leaf, and Solar Beam!

What is your favorite grass-type starter?

I guess Bulbasaur, even though I don't like Venusaur. Treecko when it evolves into Sceptile.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • Supernova said:
    So everyone, for the Pokemon you picked out as your partners for this club, why don't you choose a moveset, nature and EV's etc. for a bit of fun! :3
    Okay, it looks like I'm practically designing another team!

Serperior @ Leftovers
    Ability: Overgrow
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
    Modest Nature
    - Calm Mind
    - Giga Drain
    - Hidden Power [Rock]
    - Toxic

Breloom @ Life Orb
    Ability: Technician
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
    Jolly Nature
    IVs: 30 SAtk
    - Spore
    - Mach Punch
    - Bullet Seed
    - Rock Tomb

Cradily @ Chesto Berry
    Ability: Suction Cups
    EVs: 4 Atk / 252 HP / 252 SDef
    Careful Nature
    - Curse
    - Rest
    - Seed Bomb
    - Rock Slide

Tangrowth @ Leftovers
    Ability: Regenerator
    EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SAtk
    Relaxed Nature
    - Knock Off
    - Giga Drain
    - Hidden Power [Rock]
    - Synthesis

Jumpluff
    Ability: Chlorophyll
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
    Adamant Nature
    - Sleep Powder
    - Swords Dance
    - Acrobatics
    - Seed Bomb

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    She'll be back soon, hopefully. :3 In the meanwhile, why don't we keep this going for her with some new topics? I'll kick one off! If you were to make your own grass-type attack, how would it be? What would its name be? How much damage would it cause, and would it have any special effect?

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • If you were to make your own grass-type attack, how would it be?

Drag Down - status move
    Using crushing vines, drags the opponent down to the ground.

Opponent Pokemon is unable to switch out. It also removes Flying-type, and the Levitate ability, from the opponent as long as this Pokemon is in play. The Pokemon using this move is unable to use direct attacks against the defending Pokemon while Drag Down is in effect.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • If you were to make your own grass-type attack, how would it be?

Storm Blossom
    Base Power: 80
    Effect: Releases a blast of petals that have a 20% chance of paralyzing the foe.

Sap Sickle
    Base Power: 40
    Effect: Drains health from the enemy and restores the user's HP by half the damage dealt. On the field, this attack can cut down trees.

Allure
    Status move
    Effect: Releases an enthralling scent that makes the user the center of attention. It works like Follow Me.

Etherion

Physical
    B. Power: 100
    Description: The user uses the power of the forest to go on an all out rampage, this may leave the target with a burn, paralyze, toxic poisoning or asleep. After using, this attack confuses the user.

Asissi Powder
    Status
    B. Power: -
    Description: User unleashes mysterious powder that leaves the foe with 2 random status conditions

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    A Grass move that I would make?

Wood Shard - attacks the opponent with sharp pieces of wood

Its base power would be at least 40, to keep it simple.

Oh, that sounds very painful. :( Hm... for special effect, maybe it could raise your Pokémon's Attack stat by one stage, by increasing their confidence and whatnot?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Painful indeed. Better have tweezers for the splinters :p A stat boost would be nice.

Or, or, or… if those splinters are contaminated with toxic, maybe they could leave your opponent poisoned? o: I don't have any other ideas aside from that.

rom hunter

tongue-tied
    Years
    Username: rom hunter
    Do you want to go by a nickname?: No
    Partner Pokemon: Sceptile, Tropius

Topics:
    What is your favorite grass-type Pokemon and why?
    Sceptile,Serperior, Tropius, Abomasnow, Meganium are my favorite. To single out one I would choose Sceptile. There are many reasons: I am watching Ash Ketchum running through Hoenn (season 7). I am about play Emerald (or its hack) sometime now. Basically I love grass pokemon for their calm soothing look rather than beauty. It makes you feel closer to nature, oxygenated. And Sceptile has got very calm soothing looks and hues.

What made you love grass-type Pokemon?
    Their calm soothing nature. Though I love grass pokemon I equally hate flower pokemon (e.g. Sunflora, Bellossum). Vileplume and Ivysaur are exceptions. When I look at a grass pokemon I just keep looking at them. 90% of times my starter has been a grass pokemon. Gen 4 is an exception though cos I don't prefer Turtwig very much, not that I hate it.

What is your favorite grass-type starter?
    Chikorita (though right now I would choose Treecko).

Years
  • Did you guys see the leak about Mega Sceptile? His Mega form is Grass/Dragon, a first for the Pokemon world. He looks quite awesome too.

Yeah, it apparently gets Lightning Rod as an ability which makes him immune to Electric moves while gaining a Sp. Attack boost if he gets hit with one plus it may come in handy in double and triple battles when he has Water and Flying-type partners since Lightning Rod draws all Electric moves towards the Lightning Rod user.

Although the type combination comes with a whopping six weaknesses - Bug, Poison, Flying, Dragon, Fairy and a nasty 4x one to Ice.

Yumetaro

MAI RIBBONS
    Years
  • Username: Yumetaro.
    Do you want to go by a nickname? If so, your nickname is: Yume.
    Two grass-type Pokemon: Lilligant and Whimsicott
    Partner Pokemon: Lilligant

What is you favorite grass-type Pokemon and why? Lilligant will have to be my favorite because of how awesome it is! It's amazing in battle due to Quiver Dance, awesome royalty-like design, and its so adorable! I just want to hug it! >u<

What made you like Grass-type Pokemon? How varied in design the Pokemon are and the serene nature of the type.

What is your favorite Grass-type starter? While I wasn't a fan of the Grass-type starters until Turtwig came around, the first one I actually chose was Chespin. I love the little guy, he's a cute little chipmunk!

Yumetaro

MAI RIBBONS
    Years
  • She'll be back soon, hopefully. :3 In the meanwhile, why don't we keep this going for her with some new topics? I'll kick one off! If you were to make your own grass-type attack, how would it be? What would its name be? How much damage would it cause, and would it have any special effect?

Wicked Branch

BP: 100, Accuracy: 100%

The target is struck with sharp, dead branches. Doubles the damage if the user is using Bounce/Fly.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Wicked Branch

BP: 100, Accuracy: 100%

The target is struck with sharp, dead branches. Doubles the damage if the user is using Bounce/Fly.

Oh, that actually sounds very creative! Perhaps we could make it cause double amount of damage to all flying-type moves in general, and not just Bounce and Fly?

Yumetaro

MAI RIBBONS
    Years
  • Oh, that actually sounds very creative! Perhaps we could make it cause double amount of damage to all flying-type moves in general, and not just Bounce and Fly?

I guess, I was pretty much thinking of a Grass-type variation of Earthquake.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back