• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Event] 2021 Gaming Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I beat a bunch of games at the start of March. Gonna have to increase my yearly goal soon, maybe. 😅

March
  1. Layton's Mystery Journey » March 4
  2. Ori and the Will of the Wisps » March 5
  3. Human Resource Machine » March 7
  4. Emily is Away » March 8
  5. A Mortician's Tale » March 10

Total beaten this year: 9

God damn.

Years
I just realised I forgot to record finishing my Shield monotype. That actually means I've finished 6/12 games for the year already :')

Years
My irl responsibilities caught up with me this month, so I had almost no time to game. And I'm sure May will be the same. I only finished three games in April, one really bad and two really great.

April
Gothic (2001, RPG, PC, 13.5 h, 8)
The Stillness of the Wind (2019, Adventure, PC, 2.6 h, 4)
Eye of the Beholder (1991, RPG, PC, 8.18 h, 8)

18/50

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I think I did alright this month. Most of these were pretty short but I feel like the suffering I went through to finish FF4:TAY makes up for it lmaoo.

April
  1. Mini Metro » April 3
  2. Moss » April 12
  3. Final Fantasy XIV - Patch 5.5 » April 13
  4. Final Fantasy IV: The After Years » April 27

Total beaten this year: 13

Years
I managed to beat Catherine. While some people might think I need to complete all storyline paths and get all achievements in order to say I beat this game, I have definitely not gotten that far with this game. But I did finally get through the Catherine path!

It was definitely an interesting game that touched on a topic that I'm still unsure about.. I'm not sure what path would be best.. While I'm not sure if I'll replay it this month, I'll probably pick it up again this year sometime.

Total games beaten this year: 5

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
I suppose, I should update my progress as well:

Beat:
- Pokemon Platinum
- Pokemon Sword
- Cosmic Star Heroine

I'm also pretty far in I am Setsuna, not sure when I get to beat it, though. Don't know why all those Chrono Trigger inspired games don't seem to get even the most basic thing of that game right...

[3/6]

Inky

:pleading_face:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
Whew not me going 5 whole months and only managing to play one more game…. Iconic

Anyway I finished Resident Evil 7 so that's… 2/20 lmao

This will be remedied :femme2:

Years
Monthly update time! I beat one game. Thanks for your attention, see you next month.

April
Eye of the Beholder II: The Legend of Darkmoon (1991, RPG, PC, 13.6 h, 8.5)

19/50

Cherrim

Years
Hopefully my list isn't too controversial this week. I included patch 5.55 of XIV because it had just as much (if not more) story as the patch that dropped last month. Technically they're both part of the same patch, but the two distinct story bits felt different enough that I think it's fair. They were both as much plot content as a regular contained patch would be, since it's all setup for the expansion this year. The other game that might be iffy is the Kingdom Hearts mobile game. It finally ended last night, so I saw credits. :p I think that's fair to call it beaten this year even if I've been playing it for like... six.

May
  1. New Pokémon Snap » May 5
  2. Zero Time Dilemma » May 10
  3. Final Fantasy XIV - Patch 5.55 » May 18
  4. Kingdom Hearts Union χ » May 31
  5. The World Ends With You » May 31

Total beaten this year: 18

Last edited:
Years
3/4 of the way through my games for the year before the end of June. I don't think I've ever gamed more in my life.

pkmin3033

All done! I should really update my Game Journal with this (and more regularly besides) but for anyone curious, these are the 50 games I've played this year so far:

Spoiler:

We're a little over halfway through June, and since I've made a preliminary list of stuff I'd like to play in the latter half of the year, I'm going to shoot for 100 games this year. Because why not. For the next couple of weeks I'll be playing a few shorter games as I wait for longer timesinks to release (Disgaea 6) so I stand a reasonably good chance of doing it. Maybe. As long as I don't get sucked into FFXIV beforehand or something.

Years
Montly update. I was able to beat a lot of games this month. I also bought Switch alongside few games, but I only finished one of them so far, even though I'm close to finishing the rest. Overall, this was pretty mediocre month, as no game really stand out from the rest in a good way.

June
Syphon Filter (1999, Stealth/Action, PS1, 10.4 h, 7)
Yo-kai Watch (2013, RPG, 3DS, 24.4 h, 8)
Tsioque (2018, P&C Adventure, PC, 2.5 h, 8.5)
911 Operator (2017, Simulator, PC, 6.5 h, 5)
Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled (2019, Kart Racing, Switch, 14.7 h, 8)
Tell Me Why (2020, Adventure, PC, 8.5 h, 4.5)

25/50

Years
Journal to follow, but can finally claim some completed games! So casting my mind back over the year, currently I've completed:

Tales of Symphonia
Lara Croft: Temple of Osiris
River City Ransom Underground
Streets of Rage 2
Gain Ground
Final Fantasy 2
Final Fantasy 3
Final Fantasy 4
Final Fantasy 5
Borderlands 2
Pokémon Heart Gold Randomiser

So that makes 11/30 if my maths is correct!

Cherrim

Years
Oh oops I guess I forgot to post here for June. I think part of it is that I met my challenge! I conservatively declared I would beat 20 games this year and as of June 14th, I did it. And I think I need to extend the challenge, because I blazed right past it, but I also know I'm gonna slow down by the end of the year, so I'm not sure how much to extend by. I think maybe I will simply say 31! It's my userid on PC and I am pretty sure I'll meet it, but juuust in case something comes up, it's not too far ahead that it's too challenging.

June/July
  1. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening » June 5
  2. L.A. Noire » June 14
  3. A Short Hike » June 15
  4. Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion » June 18
  5. Hot Pot Panic » June 23
  6. Left 4 Dead » June 27
  7. Okami HD » July 7
  8. Final Fantasy XII » July 27

Total beaten this year: 26

I don't think I'll be beating anything else before the end of July, so I'll drop my update in here a little early.

Years
Time for another update. As far as I can remember, this was the first month I've bought games this year. I got the whole Dark Souls trilogy, meaning it kinda changed my plans for July. I decided to put Switch aside for a while and focused on the Dark Souls trilogy. The first one is one of the best games I've ever played. The second one became one of the worst games I've ever played. This trilogy has everything so far. I'm really looking forward DS3 and some more Souls-like games in the future. Aside from that, I also finished MH: Rise, which was nice and I'll most likely return to it later this year and Yo-kai Watch 2, which was okay sequel, but nothing to write home about.

July
Monster Hunter: Rise (2021, Action RPG, Switch, 51.6 h, 8.5)
Dark Souls: Remastered (2018, Souls-like, PC, 34.1 h, 9.5)
Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin (2015, Souls-like, PC, 31.9 h, 5)
Yo-kai Watch 2: Fleshy Souls (2014, RPG, 3DS, 16.7 h, 7)

29/50

pkmin3033

Casual update from me - Rise of the Tomb Raider makes #70 games this year thus far. To hit my target of 100, I need to average 6 games a month for the rest of the year. Doable as long as I pick my battles wisely. I'm actually really enjoying myself with this, despite having picked some awful games this year to play. Skyward Sword HD was bollocks.

This month's games will hopefully be Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist: Link Evolution, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Ys IX: Monstrum Nox, Scarlet Nexus, Samurai Warriors 5, and a replay of The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds...because I need to remind myself, after suffering through Skyward Sword HD, that the Zelda series was once worth experiencing. Should be doable. I've also got a playthrough of The Great Ace Attorney going I could finish this month in all likelihood...which would be good, because Tales of Arise could eat up a chunk of time next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back