• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Event] 2021 Gaming Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I think i ll aim for 10! Does it start from new year or from when the post starts? I am incredibly stubborn. I beat Sekiro out of pride alone.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I'ma try for 20. No promises. I've gotten worse and worse about actually completing games lately.

Years
Mannnnn... this is tough. Lots of stuff cookin' but gunna be a while before these finish! Just a summary currently:

Rollercoaster Tycoon: Currently running through every scenario starting from Rollercoaster Tycoon 1, just 5 more to go!
Fire Emblem Three Houses: Just near the end of the first part, however I am currently in the process of grinding 50,000 Renown so... but then it should be smooth sailing! The run is making use of all my characters I haven't levelled up (so the Ashen Wolves and a few others), so everyone is primmed and ready for my Lunatic run.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: I mean... I beat Velkhana so does that count? Otherwise, I'm grinding to increase my armour/weapons, so that ain't finishing anytime soon.
Hollow Knight: Need to pick this back up again, have been playing using a friend's guide to see how good it is - fun run so far!

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I finally got one of the 5 done now. Can see my Game Journal for details.

Monster Hunter World Iceborne: I mean... I beat Velkhana so does that count? Otherwise, I'm grinding to increase my armour/weapons, so that ain't finishing anytime soon.
The minimum requirement for beating World/Iceborne isn't at Velkhana, there's still more to do. It's when you slay a monster called Shara Ishvalda that you could consider yourself done.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Oh oops, I meant to update my progress in this thread monthly but I guess I missed January.

Here's my progress so far!
1. Tacoma » January 6
2. Never Alone » February 3
3. Tales of the Abyss » February 25
4. Final Fantasy IV » February 28

Gonna continue on with Final Fantasy IV since I hate the complete edition, but looking over the rules of this thread... while I believe the interlude will count as DLC for IV, I think The After Years, since it was originally released as a standalone game and then bundled with a remake/remaster of the original, I think it can count as a separate game when I finish it. I haven't updated my journal for my two most recent games, but I will once I finish up the interlude "dlc". :]

Total beaten: 4

Years
It's probably a good idea to also keep a track of finished/played games here:

January
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords (2004, RPG, PC, 28.1 h, 7.5)
The Ultimate Doom (1995, FPS, PC, 11.44 h, 9)
Minit (2018, Adventure, PC, 1.1 h, 7)
There Is No Game: Wrong Dimension (2020, Puzzle/Adventure, PC, 4.6 h, 9.5)

February
Doom II: Hell of Earth (1994, FPS, PC, 13.2 h, 7.5)
Might & Magic: Book One (1986, RPG, PC, 25.3 h, 6)
Yoku's Island Express (2018, Platformer, PC, 4.2 h, 8.5)
Goofy's Fun House (2001, Action, PS1, 2.5 h, 7.5)

8/50

Currently playing
Fire Emblem: Awakening
The Longing
Kingdom Come: Deliverance

pkmin3033

I finished Medievil earlier, so that's 22/50 for me. Doing pretty well at the moment! Might be able to hit 75 by the end of the year but there are some colossal timesinks coming up - Monster Hunter Rise being the main one - so that'll probably slow me right down, haha.

Izanagee2005

Me. I. Yours truly.
Years
Completed Undertale so that's 1/5 games done!

I don't know if I'm in the challenge yet since my name isn't there...

Duck

🦆 quack quack
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 23, 2023
So, I completely forgot to update this thread, so, uhhh

I already beat 4 games out of the 10 (Molek Syntez, Mario 64, Pokémon Battle Revolution and Picross 3D - reviews in my game log), so I guess I'm ahead of schedule? Which is ... nice I guess, I might not have a lot of time during the year.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Is it too late to join?

5 games for me. Life kinda sidelined me from gaming so I'd love to return to it. If I do end up completing all 5 (or at least reach the credits), I'll bump it to 10.

No Pokemon games for me, that's a side challenge.

Here's what I have planned:
- Stardew Valley (just started)
- Subnautica
- Ori and the Blind Forest
- New Super Mario Bros U
- Days Gone

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I was gonna go for something like 200 games but I think for me 50's good. Better yet, let's go 61, that seems fun.

Just kidding, I hate ending things so just put me at a low 25. I know me too well to think I could do more haha

In regards to that, no games planned but I do have some that I've already beaten. Namely, Dark Souls 3 Cinders and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice, the latter of which I already went on about in another thread. I don't really have any plans for any other specific games...Probably a Final Fantasy? Likely V, since that one's the closest to my speed of the ones I haven't really invested time in yet (not as much as I'd like, anyways). Other than that, Maybe Ace Attorney Investigations 2.

Oh! Loop Hero, right! So I've been playing a lot of Loop Hero recently and it's been fun. Really easy to get into and play and get out of etc etc, really hoping it gets more content because I'm enjoying the hell out of it and it's such a malleable concept but ANYWAYS that's probably going to be my next entry. I've beaten 3 of the bosses so far and now I'm just trying to unlock some later game stuff before going for the fourth.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
Oh this is cool! Since I mostly play long RPGs and I started this a bit late, I'll keep it reasonable and try to complete 10 games this year. I could maybe do 20 if I count every single Clone Hero setlist I play as a game (they're kinda similar to patches I guess) but I won't worry about that for now.

Years
Time for monthly report. This month was weird. I spent more than 2/3 of March playing Kingdom Come and The Longing (with occasional Heroes III), thinking I wouldn't have much of a free time by the end of March. Surprisingly, I was able to finish all my work in first 25 days of March as well, leaving me with a lot of free time at the end. I didn't want to play anything big, so I play through some shorter games.

March
Kingdom Come: Deliverance (2018, RPG, PC, 70.9 h, 9.5)
DuckTales Remastered (2013, Platformer, PC, 3.6 h, 9)
The Longing (2020, PaC Adventure, PC, 38.5 h, 9)
Heroes of Might & Magic III: Complete (2015 (original 1999), Turn-based strategy, PC, 42.3 h, 7)
Path of Giants (2020, Puzzle, PC, 3.1 h, 7)
The Haunted Island, a Frog Detective Game (2018, PaC Adventure, PC, 0.7 h, 7)
Frog Detective 2: The Case of the Invisible Wizard (2019, PaC Adventure, PC, 1.4 h, 7.5)

15/50

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I beat a bunch of games at the start of March. Gonna have to increase my yearly goal soon, maybe. 😅

March
  1. Layton's Mystery Journey » March 4
  2. Ori and the Will of the Wisps » March 5
  3. Human Resource Machine » March 7
  4. Emily is Away » March 8
  5. A Mortician's Tale » March 10

Total beaten this year: 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back