• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

23 days left... He's dreaming of a white Christmas

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Are you? Is snow necessary for a good Christmas holiday? Share your thoughts on snow in December! (or snow in general)

-pokes the southern hemisphere members-

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I think my country has proven that snow isn't necessary if it comes to celebrating Christmas, because it doesn't snow there due to being near equator line. However, I'd like to see one in snow someday if in some way I can have a trip to other countries.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
Hmm... I do like snow, as it means I can jump off my porch for fun, but I guess that's not something I would be doing during Christmas Vacation anyways. I usually go porch jumping in February

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jun 14, 2017
Snow causes this country to collapse. Schools close, public transportation grinds to a halt (although with the state of the trains now I doubt anyone would notice) and pipes freeze over so we've got no water and have to panic buy bottles of it.

I love snow, though. It's been five years now since I saw snow that actually stuck, and I'd love to see some more. It'd be nice to have something nice happen this year, for a change.

Lemonski

Is already coming for your pizza
Years
I personally love it when there's a good amount of snow in December, especially during the Christmas season but not having snow won't ruin my Christmas feelings either. So having snow would be the ideal kind of holiday but still not absolutely necessary. :)

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
It's not really needed, no. I've had fabulous Christmases with family where it was raining, or even warm enough to open the windows.

Years
Snow isn't necessary for a great Christmas, but I really love it and would happily have some fall on Christmas day. For me, just some frost or a chill in the air is perfect Christmas weather :)

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Snow is pretty, but I would almost prefer that we wouldn't get it here, I'd actually be more inclined to go out and do more on Christmas if I didn't have to dig my car of the stuff.

I wish all the people who've never seen snow could swap locations with me for at least one winter / holiday season. lol

lloebet

[color=#58FAD0][font=geo][u][i]Ancient[/i][/u][/fo
Years
I love snow but sadly based off reports it don't look like I'll be getting much this year. Last year I got this big pretty snow storm. There's only one season where we get snow so why not look forward to it.

I'm most certainly dreamin of a white Christmas.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
i lived in new york (the state, not nyc) for about 7 years, so pretty much every christmas i had for the last 7 years it snowed, unless we went to alabama for christmas in which it didn't for me. but i live in alabama now and uh. it never snows here, so i'll probably be missing snow this year for christmas unfortunately. i love the snow and how much spirit it brings to christmas for me personally, but i never go out and play in it because it's too cold. i do like how it looks though and it makes me feel so excited for christmas.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years
I'm quite content with the summer christmas that I've been getting for the past two decades. It's not too hot till January and it's nice having christmas outdoors with BBQs and such.

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
I must have snow for Christmas. It's just not the same if we don't have any. tI happens sometime but we mostly have snow. We had a snowstorm this week and it snows every days after, for 4 days so yeah, we have snow right now and I think it might stays until Christmast (oh and for 6 months after too)

I cna't imagine the lights and decorations without snow...

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I think it's nice if it snows on the 23rd of december and it goes away again on the 2nd of january. I don't need or want more snow than that haha.

#bitterswede

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
Years
I already know it's not going to snow, but I'd like to see some for Christmas. To bad that's not going to happen until possibly mid-winter.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
noo it was -6C today and snowy, I couldn't feel my extremities and was involuntarily tearing up after walking outside for 10 minutes

Snow is only nice from the inside imo. :P

Back