• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

25 and still into Pokemon

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
Years
  • Not at all! It doesn't matter what age you are, Pokemon is for everyone~ I'm a little younger than you (21) but I'm a huge fan of Pokemon! Don't let age get in the way of things you like, if you like something then like it. :3

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Not really. I'm only a few years younger than you and I'm still into Pokemon. There's plenty of people on here who are older than you who are still into Pokemon too. There are some things in life that a person can be too old for, but I don't think that Pokemon is one of them.

I never liked the kiddie label that has been applied to Pokemon for whatever reason. Just because Pokemon generally isn't "mature" doesn't mean it's solely for 7 year old boys either. Just because it doesn't have a "mature" storyline or "mature" features (drugs, sex, gore, etc) doesn't mean people of all ages shouldn't enjoy it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    Im only 2 years younger and im still into Pokemon. Honestly I see nothing bad about it. it's a pretty fun game to play. Not only that but it's on a more 'relaxing' level then most games we get now of days. I feel like games are starting to lack in the style they used to have, so I have to rely on Nintendo and a couple of RPG's to give me that 'feel'. There is nothing wrong about playing games that people specify are for 'children'. You see the E rating on the cover of the game? It means it's for Everyone.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    It's not weird at all to be into the pokemon games at our age. It's a huge franchise and with our generation growing up, gaming is becoming a perfectly acceptable thing, no matter what title. You can probably get away fine with being into the anime or manga as well, if you are generally into that stuff.

As for plushies and toys and cards etc, I guess I'm just not into collecting that stuff. But I don't judge people I see doing it, because when it all comes down to it you should do what makes you happy as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. No matter your age! After all, I'm into the nerdiest part of pokemon of all, I daresay: roleplaying on forums. Hooray :B

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • In two years I'll be 25 and still into Pokémon. I'm sure several of us here will be. No, it's not weird. You like what you like and that's that, it's all a matter of opinion.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I'm 21, a lot of my 21 years old friends still love pokemon, we have a kind of gamer club at the University and we are a loooooot of students who loves pokemon. In fact, I know much more people over 20 than under 20 who still play pokemon.

My big brother is 24 and he plays pokemon (but he doesn't know pokemon as much as I do lol)

For me, pokemon, the "world of pokemon" with the tournaments, the competitive battle and all this stuff is more for adults than for kids. (I don't say they cannot play!! I just sayf I think there is more adulte than children who loves pokemon)

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Turning 24 soon. I still love PKMN! And that will never change! ^^

Years
  • I'll be 23 1/2 later this month and still play Pokémon, so not at all, no. Marriland is I think 26 and he's still doing videos, and I remember last year when I was in an Apple Store when an employee there saw me playing Pokémon X and commented that 3D was something very good for the series. I think that speaks for itself :P

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    In any way, I don't believe that being into Pokémon around this age-range is strange nor strange. This franchise is more or less family-friendly. By that, I mean everybody is free to join in, whether you be a kid, teen, or even an adult. Personally, I've been into Pokémon myself over a decade, and still am; it's something I feel that I would not be able to easily grow out of, to be honest. Even though there are some aspects of it that I no longer follow (well, at least in a precise manner)--such as trading cards, manga, and anime--I still try my best to keep up with games, as they interest me quite a bit.

I've seen a few people who are over the age of twenty-five, and they still keep themselves playing. There is really not much things to be ashamed about.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    It's really nice to see so many in their twenties here. Let's me know I'm not "old" on PC after all :')
    (I mean, I'm in my twenties too)

Years
  • I turned 22 earlier this week and I still love Pokemon. It's a franchise I know that will never leave me, ever. In fact I still enjoy the games even more now than when I was younger!

Years
  • Warning: generalisations* and exaggerations ahead, please don't hate me

I've never understood this mentality that adults, or rather people above the age of, what, 10(?), shouldn't enjoy the game or that it's strange that they still find it fun.

Long-winded thing so I put it in this so you wouldn't have a wall o' text in your face.

Spoiler:

TL:DR: Even with that said, it can also just be a fun game. It has a fun story and cool fight-y animals that have psychic abilities and/or breathe fire or throw mud and stars and pretty much anything else. What's not to still enjoy about that? Getting all technical about it; people who are older are actually still within the intended demographic, I think, anyway.

Laylaw

"Smell ya later!" - Blue
    Years
  • I'm 20 and I'm still obsessed with Pokémon. Some of my friends may find it weird, but then I just show them how awesome Pokémon is, and they think it's even more bizarre...

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • Not weird or strange at all, I'm 2 years older than you (I'll be 29 years old on Dec 13th) and I love Pokemon, still collect the merchandise, I'll be a fan for life.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    It's something that reminds people of their childhood, plus the games themselves are really fun even if their target audience is at kids. I'm about 16 years old and I'm young for a Pokémon fan, which should say something for their adult fan-base.

PumpJack

Gentleman Thug
    Years
  • This is something that I see very often across a broad spectrum of things; Games, Movies, Toys, Models, etc.

All I can say is-

Passion has no age limit.

I'm 27, and love Pokémon as much now as I did way back in '97.

I also like guns, rock climbing, My Little Pony, Scotch whisky, collecting antiques, Disney movies, swords, knives, traveling, Teen Titans, classic cars, off-roading, Jazz, Blues, Rock 'n' Roll, Classical, J-Pop, K-Pop, and Heavy Metal.

You like what you like.

There's no helping it.

And it's not something that would be needing help, anyway.

Reactions: Nah

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
    Years
  • Im in high school and still think its cool. Nobody I know (bar forum friends) play pokemon. The game is fun and chill, but I real play it for the competitive aspect (more for the teens/adults). I LOVE competitive, even though I'm only ok at it. Im a lot better than i used to, thankfully. The younger players don't know about EV's and IV's, egg moves, proper team building, tiers (smogon), and all the other stuff in competitive.

Im not into the collectables, plushes, TGC, or anime (i guess the anime is mildly entertaining). I used to be extremely embarrassed about playing pokemon, especially being at this age. Im still won't admit it, and i still hide it, but I'm trying to find others who play.

Back