• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

30 Days of Gaming PC Challenge - PLEASE READ FIRST POST

Day 01 - Your first video game - Crash Bash (Playstation)

I remember coming home from school and playing on it for hours with my brother, it was a good game until I broke the disc. :(

Day 1 - Your First Video Game
Although I'd sit by my father, watching him play the masterpiece Final Fantasy VII, it really wasn't the first game I'd play myself. That would be Outrun, on the Sega Genesis.

Sorry about the long wait guys & gals. You can now post Day 02. We now go to a 24 hour window. Remember, if you miss a day, you can still post previous missed days, but you MUST include the current day.

Day 02 - Your favourite character
This is a real tough choice for me. I have so many characters that I have loved over the years and they have made a big impact on me. But a very recent character I have just loved since I first played the game. This guy is, Nathan Drake.
With his comical attitude, rugged looks and just sheer awesomeness, I instantly loved him. Throughout the two Uncharted games, I just loved being able to control him and be him, guiding him through the storylines. I would love to be like him, but I don't think I am cool enough to be able to pull it off.
Spoiler:

Pikachu (Super Smash Bros. Melee): Does this count? I don't tend to get attached to many video game characters, and the games I play don't tend to have massively charismatic ones anyway. It's probably an elastic reading of the question, but in terms of characters I enjoy playing as, when given the opportunity, then Pikachu in SSBM takes the cake. I love his moveset, his speed and his ability to transcend all my hatred for him while Pokemon was in its heyday. My 'go to' character, bar none. King Boo in Mario Kart Wii would be a close second.

Spoiler:

Day 1 - Your First Video Game

Pokemon Yellow. The first game I remember really playing.

Day 02 - Your favorite character

Link. He's quiet, brave, and awesome.

Day 2: Your favourite character
Guy Cecil (Tales of the Abyss)
- If you couldn't already tell, I adore Guy Cecil (or Gailardia Galan Gardios) from Tales of the Abyss. He's charming, blonde, and an all around likable character. :) I think I got excited every time he showed up in the game. XD

Spoiler:

Day 01 - Your first video game
Super Mario 64

My cousins had a Nintendo 64 in their house, so I would play it. I recall them having Super Mario 64. I'm actually not sure what my first video game was, since at a young age, I would play video games, but I wouldn't really remember them, but I remember this game. I may have even play Super Mario World if they still had their old SNES in around 2001.

Atsuro from Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor.

I don't really know, he just kind of appeals to me. He's kind of shy and spends a lot of time programming things on his laptop. He has a strong sense of justice, and always wants to do what's right. I guess he's like me, maybe, so that's why I like him.

Last edited:
Day 02 - Favorite Character

Missile (Ghost Trick & Ace Attorney)

"There's nothing more in life than barking!" This little ball of fluff is one of my favorite characters ever. He's so cute and fluffy, which makes me want to hug him. It was a blow to me when I found out he died in GT, but he saved his mistress's life, so that was a good thing... Did I mention he was really cuddle-able? Also, in AA, Missile creates this funny scene in which all hot dogs are eaten. >:3

Spoiler:

Day 01 - Your first video game

Super Smash Bros for the N64 iirc.
Spoiler:

Oh lawd. Such a long time ago. :( There were games before this, but this is the one I remember the most. :3

I loved playing this! I was only like 4, and my brother was 9, so obviously it was an easy victory. <3 I was always Pikachu. Which lead to my Pokemon obsession. I loved the Hyrule (Spelled right? D':) castle stage, I don't know why, and through the entire series I've favored it.

Rikku, from Final Fantasy X/X-2

I just love her! <3 She's so perky and her small one liners are hilarious, she certainly brightened both games up for me! :3

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Colette Brunel ( Tales of Symphonia ) - While playing through Tales of Symphonia, reading the manga, and watching the anime, I came to like this character quite alot. Throughout the story, Colette has a very heavy burden put on her, which she has to take all by herself. She doesn't try to run away from her task, and tries not to worry her friends as much as possible. But throughout all the suffering she goes through, she always comes out with a smile, forced or not. Not to mention she's quite amusing when she trips over and somehow helps the team by doing so.

Spoiler:

Day 02 - Your Favourite Character
My favourite character is probably Margaret Moonlight from No More Heroes 2. I have a thing for gothic lolita, and her battle music is awesome. It's a shame she had such a short appearance.

Spoiler:

This is a tough one, and I didn't really want to go with the classic Kirby or anything like that, so instead I went with someone a little more realistic. Joanna Dark (Perfect Dark, Perfect Dark Zero) is who I chose for this, because she's just awesome. She can get out of pretty much any situation she wants, and she's a top secret agent or something. She's befriended aliens, defeated a wrath of other aliens, and everything which is pretty much awesome. :)

Spoiler:

I have two, to be honest. They're both from one game: Final Fantasy V. Gilgamesh and Bartz Klauser. Gilgamesh because he has a very awesome theme song. I mean, who would forget the "Clash at the Big Bridge"? That song is awesome! And Bartz because I have a favouritism for lighthearted protagonists, and Bartz caught my eye when I first played Final Fantasy V.

Day 2: Your favourite character
Miles Edgeworth [Ace Attorney series]

He's always been my favourite AA character (and favourite video game character overall) because I find him so hilariously uptight. The cases involving him are always among my favourites as well. I find him strangely likeable, in an awkward way (if you can make sense of that idk). XD

[PokeCommunity.com] 30 Days of Gaming PC Challenge - PLEASE READ FIRST POST

And come on, he's wearing a cravat. How brave of him.

Day 1 - First Video Game -My First Video game was probably Super Mario Bros. 3. I use to play it, and beat all my brother's friends at it since it was my brother's game. But he let me play it most of the time. But My real own game that I owned was Super Mario 64 when I was 6.

Day 2 - Your favorite character - I have 2 also. Sora and Sly Cooper; Sora is from Kingdom Hearts, He just inspired me alot. and Sly Cooper cause he is an awesome thief and loyal to his pals.

Mario. The guy holds so much nostalgia that he has that title permanently. I remember back in the second grade, I would visit a friend of mine who had a gameboy, and we would play super mario land 2: 6 golden coins all day long. Good times...

Day 02 - Favorite Character

Tidus

Loved the game for the characters in it and he was my favourite in the game and my favourite one in any game tpo date :)

did fast before I shot off to work lol.

Day 2: Your favourite character.

My favourite character is John Marston of Red Dead Redemption.

Why is he my favourite character?

He's a former outlaw and bandit of the old wild west but now reformed. He's rugged and witty and a family man. After the government turn their back on him after John does all their dirty work, John sacrifices himself after he tells his wife a son to run away as John took one last breath and faced one final showdown against the army of soldiers awaiting him. John is unsuccessful in this showdown but John wins redemption for his family, which was what John wanted.

Back