• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

30 Days of Gaming PC Challenge - PLEASE READ FIRST POST

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 8, 2024
    Day 01: Your first video game?

Probably one for the GameBoy... Actually, no, I tell a lie. I did own a Sega Game Gear, but it depends which one I really got first. Depending on which I really did get first, it is either Sonic the Hedgehog for Game Gear or Kirby's Dream Land for the GameBoy.

Day 02: Your favourite Character?

Without a doubt, Leon from Star Fox. Especially his appearance in StarFox 64, as a smart, quite calm assassin working with Star Wolf. Most of his quotes are in my mind, especially "Not yet... The party's just begun", adding to this calm figure who oozes gentlemanly murder.

Years
    Favourite Character - The judge from Ace Attorney games

This is a hard one because I dont play many games that heavily involve particular characters but I always have a good little chuckle at the AA games, especially toward the judge. Its an odd one but my choice nonetheless.

Years
    Commence, Day 03.

Day 03 - A game that is underrated
    For me, has to be Okami. You might think, why? I love that game. But the sad fact is, a lot of people haven't even heard of it. It's launch on the PS2 was rather overlooked and the Wii version didn't really take off either. I have no idea why and it perplexes me as to why it didn't take off and become a famous game, because it is a beautiful concept and amazingly executed.​

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
    Day 1 - Your first video game.
    Hercules for the computer
    Spoiler:

Man I sure miss this game.

Day 2 - Your favourite character.
    Captain Quark and Dr. Nefarious from the Ratchet and Clank Games.

Many games have brought us many legendary characters, but these two stand out for being the funniest of them all. Belive it or not, this was an extremely difficult choice.

Beyond good and evil
    , for pretty much the same reasons as Captain Fabio in the post above. Hardly anyone has got this game (or even heard of it for that matter), while it really is a masterpiece.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years

So so so so so many games I could pick for this.Etrian Odyessey on DS, Enchanted arms ps3/360, Magical starsigns ds, Time Hollow ds (amazing <3), Hotel Dusk ds, Yeh a lot are DS but I can't list everything. lol

But the main game that I completly and utterly love would have to be Demon Souls. So few of these games were rekeased outside of japan that they pretty much all sold out on pre order. I was advised by the manager in my local gameshop after I was unsre about the game I planned to buy, but his advice hasn't let me down.

Fantastic RPG, that can also be played CO-OP online for help aswell as having PVP and its all free.
    Very underated PS3 game.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years

Spyro: Year of the Dragon (PlayStation): Yeah, people for the most part 'liked' it when it came out, but I don't know anyone else who played it as lavishly as I did all those years ago and spent time trying to get 100% completion (which I've never attempted for any other game since). Especially because the rest of the series isn't great, to say the least, this game seems to get dragged down in everyone's opinion, when it's a really good platformer!

Spoiler:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Day 3: A game that is underrated
    Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (GBA)
    - One of my favorite GBA games actually. It had a nice RPG element to it, like leveling up to learn new spells and such (from what I remember). I loved the music too! I remember 100%ing this game (which I NEVER do) so I had all spells, all chocolate frog cards, the works...and someone erased my file. :[ I've never been able to achieve that again and haven't really played ever since. D: But if you're a fan of the series, I say give it a shot. Not enough people have played it and for a game based on a movie/book, it's very good! Not the most beautiful game, but... -searches for my copy-

Spoiler:

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    Day 3 - A game that is underrated

Deadly Creatures for the Wii. Sure, the camera was useless and it was embarassingly short and the graphics were, well, Wii-standard. But the story was told interestingly and the combat was surprisingly satisfying - the Wii remote was clearly designed for the purpose of flicking scorpion stingers into lizards' faces. Also, the two final boss fights vs. a rattlesnake and a redneck with a shotgun are pretyy epic. Especially when you sting the redneck in the gentleman's area.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    Day 03 - A game you think is underrated.
    To be honest, I had no idea what game to go with, but I'll say Banjo Kazooie for the N64. I've heard it be called the poor man's Mario for the generation, but I don't think it is. It really is a great game, and it's always really hard to get through. There's lots of adventure in the game and it's just fun overall. The final boss thing is a quiz board game thing you have to play, which is cosiderably hard to the lame quizzes in other games. Also the boss, Grunty is one of the toughest you'll ever face. Even someone with the mightiest of knowledge with this game will have trouble with the boss.

Spoiler:

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023

Definitely NieR. It was panned by most critics but it's one of the best games that came out in recent times. It has the best soundtrack I've heard this whole generation, and the story was a truly touching and depressing one. The art style is actually good and fits the game well while still having a bit of style, and the characters are incredibly likable and deep.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Final Fantasy VIII

I've written a few posts in the Video Games forum about why I think this game is totally awesome. I know that it doesn't have the most likable main character (Squall's face is like this >:( for 90% of the game and D: for the remaining 10%), but I really did enjoy the storyline and the world. Some of the other characters were pretty cool too - Quistis Trepe being one of them. Hell, I even liked Seifer. I think what turned people off the game was the battle system: "drawing" magic from your enemies and "junctioning" them to your stats to make you stronger. If you look past that (it's hard to learn but not horrible once you get the hang of it), FFVIII's a pretty good game and still one of my favourites.

Plus, it had the funniest boss theme. :'D

Spoiler:

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Day 3: A game that is underrated
    Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (GBA) - One of my favorite GBA games actually. It had a nice RPG element to it, like leveling up to learn new spells and such (from what I remember). I loved the music too! I remember 100%ing this game (which I NEVER do) so I had all spells, all chocolate frog cards, the works...and someone erased my file. :[ I've never been able to achieve that again and haven't really played ever since. D: But if you're a fan of the series, I say give it a shot. Not enough people have played it and for a game based on a movie/book, it's very good! Not the most beautiful game, but... -searches for my copy-

Spoiler:
    I liked that game. ;D

Final Fantasy Tactics / War of the Lions
    No, not advance. :| That game sucks eggs. I don't see lots of people around here in our place who plays this game, its such an awesome game tbh. The story is quite superb, a bit dark and sad. But overall, the game is really good.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Day 01 - Your First Game
    Donkey Kong Country for the old school 90's Nintendo, omg I miss this game so much. My brother and I took turns when we'd lose a round and my dad would get involved when we were too frustrated to keep playing. My mom sold this game and our nintendo to our neighbors before we moved and believe me, there was crying involved.

Day 02 - Your Favorite Character
    ACHTUNG BABY! Klavier Gavin. This was actually really hard because I adore 90% of the Ace Attorney characters but I really like what they did with Klavier. Up until AJ, all the prosecutors you face are out to smash your soul and literally kill you in the process to win. This time, the prosecutor is on your side and all he wants is justice, ja? Not to mention he's a prosecutor by day AND A ROCK STAR BY NIGHT. My hero.
    Spoiler:

Day 03 - A Game That is Underrated
    Perfect Dark? I'm actually not too sure what games people think are highly underrated. I just know that in my stash of videogames my friends care about that one the least and I don't know why. The missions are really fun imo and they have a lot of great games mixed into it when you're not following the storyline. I still play it from time to time although I never did get to be a perfect dark agent :/

Last edited:

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
    Day 03 - A game that is underrated.
    Inu-Yasha: Secret of the Divine Jewel. This was a game made by Americans, based off an anime. Now, if you look at the game, you can see the presentation for it... wasn't that great. It looked like something straight from RPG Maker. Even so, appearance is only appearance. Once you start the game, it's actually pretty fun. It can be too easy, or sometimes the bosses have a ridiculous difficulty spike, but overall, it's not a bad game. This is definitely one of the DS games that has been looked over, with people not even giving it a shot. Even though the game is trying to promote America. In Feudal Japan. It's worth a try. It can be funny at times, and challenging. Trust me on this one.

Spoiler:

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
    Star Ocean 3: Till the end of time is pretty underrated, imo. Everyone I talk to has never even heard of the star ocean series, and if they have, they've only heard of Star Ocean 4, the more recent release. It's a great game with a pretty fun battle system, devastatingly hard optional battles, a great storyline, and probably one of the best soundtracks I've ever heard in a game.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Day 01 - Your first video game:

Well, to be totally honest, I don't remember the first video game I ever played. But yes, I've had this console which was sorta like the NES and we had these cartridges which had a lot of games in 'em. Mario was one of those. And must say, I was hooked in those days. I don't really like platforming games now, I'll admit. But back in those days when I was totally new to the gaming scene, I had fun with Mario. :)

Day 02 - Your favourite character:

30 Days of Gaming PC Challenge - PLEASE READ FIRST POST

Haha, do I even need to say it? In case you didn't get the hint, I'll spell it out : That guy is Dante from the Devil May Cry series of games. But you know what? It has been only a few months since I started playing games from the DMC franchise. And out of four games that were released, I could only play the third and the fourth installment because the first and the second installments were strictly console-only games. Still, the fact that this character became my favorite video game character in such a short period of time is something. There are quite a lot of things that I like about him - One of those being the fact that he never gets intimidated by anybody and spouts nonsense which infuriates the bad guy even more. XD; For example, I look at these dialogs:

Cerberus: Leave now, mortal! The likes of you are forbidden in this land. You, who are powerless, are not worthy to set foot here.
    Dante: Wow, I've never seen a talking mutt before. You know in a dog show, you'd definitely take the first place.
    Cerberus: You, a mere human, make a mockery of me?
    Dante: Easy, Fido! How about I take you out for a walk? Come on, puppy. Let's go!
    Cerberus: You'll regret this you worm!
    Dante: It's showtime. Come on!

The boss is several times bigger than dante. A picture of him:
    Spoiler:

...and then we move on to fight him. n_n; Apart from his attitude, there are quite a lot of other things that make him badass. And I love badass characters! XD; He can be serious at times, too, if required. But then again, he knows when to joke and when not to. The thing is, he is very powerful. And he knows it. This is what makes him spout one-liners around bosses because he knows he'll defeat 'em. In fact, in the games, it seems like the character never has any problems defeating any boss character. Even though the player may have to go through hell to defeat any particular boss. The bosses ARE hard. But after every fight, Dante is like 'Yeah, this was so easy'. So, in short, I love him because he is:

i) Badass: His attitude. I love it. Dante is, in fact, badassery personified.
    ii) Cool: I find him 00ber cool. :DDD
    iii) Funny: Just watch this. Beware though, may contain dialogs not suitable for people of all ages.
    iv) Is better than GARY ************* OAK Is VERY strong
    v) He is loveable. <3;

I like his brother Vergil too. But not as much as Dante.

Okami? I've heard SO MANY good things about it. Even the critics were pretty damn impressed. Plus, it was a game which Devil May Cry creator 'Hideki Kamiya' (a genius) himself made. Although I never played it, I think it wouldn't hurt to say that it is an underrated game. It had it all - innovative gameplay, good fights and storyline but still failed to make rake in the mullah. As for the games I have played - I haven't really played many games which didn't, ultimately, turn out to be big hits. And I don't know if this game would fit into this category because I'm not aware of how popular it was, but eh, here goes nothing - Real Wars. A real time strategy game. I first played it when I was probably 9 or 10 and I used to love it. Can't really think of any other game.

Last edited:
    Years

PMD games - A lot of reviewers gave it negative comments, but I thought it was a nice little fresh break from the usual pokemon format and the storylines have tended to be amazing.

I don't particularly think its that underrated but its hard to think of underrated games these days.

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2013

Osu! Tatakae! Ouedan! - I couldn't find many people who knew about this game... so I guess it's kind of underrated in my area? This game's a really good rhythm game with funny mini-stories scattered all over. Regardless of the language, I would really recommend this game just simply because it's fun. >:3

ShinyMeowth

Gone forever
    Years

Well, this obviously does not apply here, but the Pokemon games are considered childish and silly by many people out there, who fail to see anything beyond "catch animal, fight other animals, repeat". Again, this is pointless to say here, but I need to add that the plotlines (especially in Black and White), and the complex gameplay algorithms (Like the formula that determines the amount of experience gained after battle) are definitely not characteristics of childish games. Heck, they could make the experience gain algorithm "enemy_level^2", and still get away with it if it was aimed for little children only.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years

Mechassault for the original Xbox. It was one of the first games I had for the Xbox and was the first game I became competitive about. Xbox didn't have a great launch lineup and Xbox Live was still getting started, Mechassault, along with a few other titles, helped Xbox develop a fan base and made Xbox Live popular. And since then online console gaming is huge, so anything that helped start it is very important.

Back