• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Event] 30 Days of Nintendo

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    13) Have you ever played a 50 turn game of Mario Party?
    Not that I remember. And if we ever tried, wouldn't be surprised if we didn't make it to the end

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    14.) If you could make a Breath Of The Wild style game for another Nintendo franchise, which would you choose?

Tough one. Imagine an open world Mario Kart game though!

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
  • 14.) If you could make a Breath Of The Wild style game for another Nintendo franchise, which would you choose?

Fire Emblem. Just replace Ganon with an Evil DragonTM and make the Divine Beasts some sort of upgrade system from the Good DragonTM and boom, it works as a Fire Emblem action RPG.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    15.) What country would you like to see Pokemon tackle next as a region?

Well, we're getting England now, so how about Egypt next?

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Time to play catch up!

2. What is your favorite Nintendo franchise?
    Probably Pokemon. Splatoon and Fire Emblem are right behind though

3. What is your favorite Nintendo console?
    It's hard for me to pick against the SNES. I grew up playing so many great games as a kid.

4. What was your first Nintendo console?
    I think it was the Game Boy that I got for my 5th or 6th birthday. Came with a copy of Tetris as well.

5. Are you Team Peach or Team Daisy?
    I definitely prefer Daisy. I just think she needs some appearances in some mainline Mario games

6. Do you have any cool Nintendo merchandise or collectables?
    Nothing aside from a couple of Nendoroids (Link/Kirby) and some pokemon trainer figures.

7. If you have a Switch, are you pleased with your purchase so far?
    For a good year my Switch was nothing but a Splatoon 2 machine, lol. Still, I've enjoyed Odyssey, Smash, and even Pokemon Let's Go to an extent so it's been worth it. Sword and Shield really gives me something to look forward to though.

8. What game would you like to see ported to the Switch next?
    We need Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn ported to Switch. I regret selling my copy, and both games are extremely expensive nowadays.

9. If you could dedicate a Nintendo Direct to one upcoming game, what would it be?
    Shin Megami Tensei V was revealed along with the Switch 2 years ago, but other than a short trailer, we still don't know anything about it.

10. Do you play Smash Brothers? If so, what character do you mainly play?
    Don't have a main, but I have been trying to learn to use the Pokemon Trainer.

11. You can add any gaming character to Smash Brothers Ultimate, who do you choose?
    I feel like Sora from Kingdom Hearts has an actual chance at getting in Ultimate. Wouldn't mind seeing him in it either.

12. What sport would you like to see Mario & the crew take on next?
    We need another Strikers game!

13. Have you ever played a 50 turn game of Mario Party?
    Nah. I haven't played a Mario Party game since the N64 days.

14. If you could make a Breath Of The Wild style game for another Nintendo franchise, which would you choose?
    Everyone was wanting a BotW style game for the next mainline Pokemon, and while that doesn't look like it's happening, I'd be pretty curious to see as to how something like that would play.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    14.) If you could make a Breath Of The Wild style game for another Nintendo franchise, which would you choose?
    mmmm. tough one honestly. i can't think of any off the top of my head that i feel can really pull it off (as much as a pokemon one would be interesting).

15.) What country would you like to see Pokemon tackle next as a region?
    Somewhere in South America, Africa, or Australia!

Years
  • Just found this thread so I'll answer all questions up through today!

Days I missed (1-14)
    Spoiler:

Feb. 28, 2019
    15. What country would you like to see Pokemon tackle next as a region?
    Canada

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    16.) Have you played Animal Crossing? Who are your favourite villager(s)? If not, are you planning to, and why or why not?

I have played every game in the series, and my favorite villager is Bob. Always Bob. Now and forever Bob.

Years
  • 16. Have you played Animal Crossing? Who are your favourite villager(s)? If not, are you planning to, and why or why not?

All the time! My favorite is Carmen. She's so cute. Can't wait for AC19!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    16. Have you played Animal Crossing? Who are your favourite villager(s)? If not, are you planning to, and why or why not?
    Just New Leaf hahah. Out of the villagers I had my favorite would've had to have been Frita. Considering she's one of the only ones I vividly remember having before I started the game rip.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    17.) What's your favourite soundtrack from a Nintendo game?

The soundtrack to Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door. I can hear most of the tunes in my head now.

Years
  • 17. What's your favourite soundtrack from a Nintendo game?

It's really not fair to only pick one! But if I had to... 8PM from Animal Crossing City Folk. That song takes me back to an 8 year old me, finishing up my daily activities before my bedtime of 8:30, back when life was so much simpler. Aka... huge nostalgia

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    17. What's your favourite soundtrack from a Nintendo game?
    Honestly hard to choose. I don't think I have an ultimate favorite just favorite tracks from every game I've played from lol.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    18.) Do you have a favourite song in particular (does not have to be from the soundtrack in the previous question)?

Years
  • 7) If you have a Switch, are you pleased with your purchase so far?
    I don't have one, but I consider getting one.

8) What game would you like to see ported to the Switch next?
    Nothing, I would prefer entirely new games.

9) If you could dedicate a Nintendo Direct to one upcoming game, what would it be?
    I have no idea what Nintendo games are coming out. But I wouldn't mind new Xenoblade game with the whole Direct about it.

10) Do you play Smash Brothers? If so, what character do you mainly play?
    I've only ever played the original and played mainly Link.

11) You can add any gaming character to Smash Brothers Ultimate, who do you choose?
    Uhhh... Pong! Or Spyro.

12) What sport would you like to see Mario & the crew take on next?
    I'm hoping for new Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games for 2020 OG.

13) Have you ever played a 50 turn game of Mario Party?
    I have never played any Mario Party.

14) If you could make a Breath Of The Wild style game for another Nintendo franchise, which would you choose?
    Pokémon. And I still hope Sword & Shield will be for Pokémon franchise what BOtW was for The Legend of Zelda franchise.

15) What country would you like to see Pokemon tackle next as a region?
    I'm always wanted south/eastern Germany mixed with western Austria/Czech Republic.

16) Have you played Animal Crossing? Who are your favourite villager(s)? If not, are you planning to, and why or why not?
    No, but I plan to get it this year. I heard it's really good.

17) What's your favourite soundtrack from a Nintendo game?
    The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap and Pokémon Black/White

18) Do you have a favourite song in particular (does not have to be from the soundtrack in the previous question)?

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
    Years
  • 18.) Do you have a favourite song in particular (does not have to be from the soundtrack in the previous question)?

This is a toughie but I think even though the PMD soundtracks have always been my favorites, I really am digging Vs Ultra Necrozma atm.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I guess I'll jump in and start answering these:

1. Who is your favorite Nintendo character?
    In general, Pikachu. For non-Pokemon characters, probably Mario, with Yoshi and Link as runners up.

2. What is your favorite Nintendo franchise?
    Pokemon

3. What is your favorite Nintendo console?
    Toss-up between N64 and GameCube for me. GameCube has a lot of games I really like, and I think it's aged better than N64. N64 has a couple of classics that I love, too, though. I just wish there were more ways to play GCN games today, as my GCN seems to be dying, and the first replacement I tried picking up on eBay already seems to have clock battery problems (despite the seller saying that everything worked fine), so I don't know whether other components of it will start to act up as well.

4. What was your first Nintendo console?
    For consoles, N64. Handhelds, GameBoy Pocket (which I got a couple of years before my N64).

5. Are you Team Peach or Team Daisy?
    Probably Peach, but I've never cared much for either character. I guess Peach is a more traditional/better established character, and I'm more of a traditionalist when it comes to games. I do like some elements of Daisy's character a lot, but in general, she doesn't appear that often in games, so I don't feel like I know a ton about her. Overall, though, I don't really care that much for either one of them.

6. Do you have any cool Nintendo merchandise or collectables?
    I have a few Amiibo that I picked up during the Wii U era. I have Pikachu, blue yarn Yoshi, Koopa Troopa, Mario from Odyssey, Wolf Link (came with TPHD), and Toad (came with Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker). I also have a couple of the collectable coins that Best Buy has included with recent releases. Aside from that, I don't have many collectables beyond games and strategy guides.

7. If you have a Switch, are you pleased with your purchase so far?
    Yes, I really like my Switch so far. I had to exchange my first one due to issues with dead pixels, but since then, I've been pretty happy. The game selection has been great, and a bunch of my favorite series have had excellent entries on the Switch (like Odyssey and BOTW). Overall, I like it better than the Wii and Wii U as far as console purchases go, and on par with my recent handhelds.

8. What game would you like to see ported to the Switch next?
    I wouldn't mind seeing Xenoblade Chronicles X on the Switch (with larger text). I have it for Wii U, and I like it, but I think I would play it more with portability. The small text size and my reasonably small tv mean I need to roll my desk chair about 2 feet away from the screen in order to read everything, and I find that annoying.

I would also really like to see the Spyro Reignited Trilogy on Switch. I've been dying to play the Spyro games for years (ever since playing them at a family friend's house), but I've never owned a Sony console.

As for older games, I would love to see some ports (or remakes) of the first two Paper Mario entries.

9. If you could dedicate a Nintendo Direct to one upcoming game, what would it be?
    I would have said Pokemon, but we just had a Pokemon direct, albeit a brief one. So probably Animal Crossing would be my next choice for a direct.

10. Do you play Smash Brothers? If so, what character do you mainly play?
    Yes, I play Smash, though I'm not very good. My main is Pikachu. I'm trying to get a good handle on a bunch of characters, though. I'm fond of using Link, and I've started to develop a soft spot for Kirby since using him a lot in World of Light.

11. You can add any gaming character to Smash Brothers Ultimate, who do you choose?
    Blastoise, as that's my favorite Pokemon.

12. What sport would you like to see Mario & the crew take on next?
    I would like to see a skiing + snowboarding game (something fully developed, not like the mini games of sorts in the Mario and Sonic series). It would be neat to have a whole mountain (or multiple mountains) to ski down for fun, complete with breathtaking views, and multiple types of races, trick courses and halfpipes, etc.

13. Have you ever played a 50 turn game of Mario Party?
    Yes. Back when I first got Mario Party 2, I used to play 50 turn games in the afternoons on sleepovers. One issue was that whoever owned the cartridge had to win, per our rules at the time, because we didn't want to mess up our otherwise perfect records. I recall playing a 50 turn game and having someone land on chance time on turn 48 or 49, and manage to turn over all of the cartridge owner's stars to a CPU player (think it might have been my friend's game, but I can't recall). We had to turn off the game and start over at that point.

I think sometime after that, we started to shift towards shorter Mario Party games. And when Mario Party 3 came out, we focused more on taking turns at the story mode instead, to avoid the competition issues.

I don't think I'd be up for 50 turns of Mario Party anymore. I played Super Mario Party with a friend recently, and we had a good time playing a couple of ten turn games. There is enough luck involved that a game can go against someone for whatever reason, even if that person wins lots of mini games, and that becomes apparent early on. It's better to keep starting new games to reset things, switch things up, and give different players a shot at winning without getting too frustrated.

14. If you could make a Breath Of The Wild style game for another Nintendo franchise, which would you choose?
    I would enjoy seeing a Pokemon game that works like Breath of the Wild. It would be a lot of fun for the main series, but one spinoff where I think it would work really well is Pokemon Snap.

15. What country would you like to see Pokemon tackle next as a region?
    Australia could be fun. I was going to say the UK, but it seems like that's happening now. Perhaps they could also do Canada at some point, or some other portions of Europe.

16. Have you played Animal Crossing? Who are your favourite villager(s)? If not, are you planning to, and why or why not?
    Yep, I've played every main Animal Crossing game, as well as Happy Home Designer, though I haven't visited any of my towns in a while. My favorite villager is Teddy. Others who I'm fond of are Hornsby, Pudge, and Stitches. I recently picked up amiibo cards for all four of those villagers, so I may make a new town soon that all of them can live in.

I am a little frustrated by how simplified the villager interactions and personalities have become over the years.

I plan on picking up the new AC game when it comes out for the Switch. AC doesn't really fit my lifestyle too well (I don't have time to play every day, and I generally don't have time until late at night, which is a bad time to do so unless I change the clock on my game), but I still have lots of awesome memories from when I was younger, and it's a relaxing series to come back to from time to time. I've had a strong urge to play AC for the past few weeks, so I may end up starting another New Leaf town on the spare digital copy I picked up a while ago.

17. What's your favourite soundtrack from a Nintendo game?

Hard one. I really like Super Mario Galaxy's soundtrack, so perhaps that one. I also like a lot of the Pokemon soundtracks (I've been listening to these revamped versions that someone made for RBY and GSC, and they're really good), and the soundtracks for the first two Paper Mario games.

18. Do you have a favourite song in particular (does not have to be from the soundtrack in the previous question)?
    Not really. I really like the gen II Champion's Theme, mainly for the memories it evokes. I also like Fight Against Mario...No, Doopliss! from TTYD, and Good Egg Galaxy and Gusty Garden Galaxy from Super Mario Galaxy.

Last edited:

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • 15. What country would you like to see Pokemon tackle next as a region?
    Well, I think I definitely want Canada now so we can cross the border for a post-game Unova.

16. Have you played Animal Crossing? Who are your favorite villager(s)? If not, are you planning to, and why or why not?
    I've only played New Leaf, but Bob is the best.

17. What's your favorite soundtrack from a Nintendo game?
    Kirby music is always top-tier for me. Didn't care much for Xenoblade 2, but I loved the OST as well.

18. Do you have a favorite song in particular (does not have to be from the soundtrack in the previous question)?
    Probably these two:
    Spoiler:

Years
  • 18. Do you have a favourite song in particular (does not have to be from the soundtrack in the previous question)?
    So I misread question #17 and posted one singular song, so I'll answer that question here and say that Pokemon Diamond and Pearl would be my favorite soundtracks. Black and White are great too, but I feel like DPPt were all around better.

19. What is your least favourite Nintendo franchise/series/title?
    Fire Emblem. Waaayyyy over represented in Smash Bros.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    18) Do you have a favourite song in particular (does not have to be from the soundtrack in the previous question)?
    I don't have a top favorite song, no. I'm never one who has a favorite song or anything lmao sorry i'm boring.

19. What is your least favourite Nintendo franchise/series/title?
    Arguably I want to say Metroid simply because I haven't played much of any of the games and never got into it. Out of games/series/titles that I have played it'll have to be Fire Emblem Fates. Didn't even finish Birthright and never got around to playing any of the other two games oop.

Back