• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Event] 30 Days of Nintendo

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024

EvilChameleon approached me back in December with this idea - so sorry it took so long!

If you're new to these 30 Days events, it's pretty simple - every day, a new topic will be discussed, and all you gotta do is drop by and answer the question of the day however you like. Take a look at our last one right here for a better idea of how this works, if you'd like.

You are always welcome to revisit past questions, so don't worry if you miss some.

Day 1 starts on February 14, 2019, and without further ado...​

THE 30 DAYS OF NINTENDO!
    1. Who is your favorite Nintendo character?
    2. What is your favorite Nintendo franchise?
    3. What is your favorite Nintendo console?
    4. What was your first Nintendo console?
    5. Are you Team Peach or Team Daisy?
    6. Do you have any cool Nintendo merchandise or collectables?
    7. If you have a Switch, are you pleased with your purchase so far?
    8. What game would you like to see ported to the Switch next?
    9. If you could dedicate a Nintendo Direct to one upcoming game, what would it be?
    10. Do you play Smash Brothers? If so, what character do you mainly play?
    11. You can add any gaming character to Smash Brothers Ultimate, who do you choose?
    12. What sport would you like to see Mario & the crew take on next?
    13. Have you ever played a 50 turn game of Mario Party?
    14. If you could make a Breath Of The Wild style game for another Nintendo franchise, which would you choose?
    15. What country would you like to see Pokemon tackle next as a region?
    16. Have you played Animal Crossing? Who are your favourite villager(s)? If not, are you planning to, and why or why not?
    17. What's your favourite soundtrack from a Nintendo game?
    18. Do you have a favourite song in particular (does not have to be from the soundtrack in the previous question)?
    19. What is your least favourite Nintendo franchise/series/title?
    20. Name a Nintendo character you can't stand.
    21. Nintendo has released some really big and unforgettable names in the gaming industry, but do you think there are any lesser-known Nintendo games you think could use some more love and attention?
    22. Many Nintendo games focus on titular or main characters like Mario and Link, but sometimes there are spin-offs featuring other characters of the franchise - what are some of your favourite spin-offs?
    23. And as a follow-up to yesterday's question, who is a character you would like to see a spin-off of (that does not yet have their own game)?
    24. What do you think about making more crossover titles like Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle? What kind of crossover would you like to see in the future?
    25. Nintendo has a penchant for creating silent protagonists - do you think despite this, their characters have a lot of personality? Which character of few words do you think has a really strong presence despite not saying much?
    26. What is your favourite Mario Kart track (of any MK game)?
      [*]While Nintendo is mostly known for their colourful, kid-friendly worlds and characters, there have been a few moments that were downright frightening. Has any character/area/scene in a Nintendo game ever given you the chills?
    27. Who is your favourite Nintendo villain?
    28. Who is your favourite Nintendo sidekick character?
    29. If you could live in any part of the Nintendo franchise's worlds, where would you be (eg. Hyrule, Mushroom Kingdom, or you could be really specific with cities, villages, etc)?

Try to use spoiler tags where applicable, and just be mindful of spoilers in general when reading through this thread, as many games will be discussed. :) Have fun!

Last edited:

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Oh hey, cool to see this!

1.) Who is your favorite Nintendo character?

Even though I haven't played one of his games in quite some time, it's always Kirby.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    1. Who is your favorite Nintendo character?

I actually have to say that it's a toss -up between Link, Kirby, and Isabelle!

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • My answers below!

Spoiler:

Last edited:

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • 1. Who is your favorite Nintendo character?

Kyle Hyde is one my favorite fictional characters in anything ever. He's this unmotivated, down-on-his-luck salesman who's grouchiness contrasts excellently with the supporting casts of both Hotel Dusk and Last Window (both on the DS) Such a shame the company went bankrupt because I'd love to see a another game with him.

Also Rebecca, who is best Fire Emblem girl. :nod:

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    2.) What is your favorite Nintendo franchise?

It's Pokemon. I have just about every game in the franchise. No other Nintendo series comes close to the playtime I have in it.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • (Why do I always partake in these things when I'm so indecisive??)

1. Who is your favourite Nintendo character?

I seem to always gravitate toward side-characters from Zelda, so Linkle, Ravio, Linebeck, Groose, Ghirahim etc. all make the list! I'm certain I have forgotten more, so I'll probably edit this later.

2. What is your favourite Nintendo franchise?

The Legend of Zelda, easily! Then Pokémon, Smash Bros., Mario Kart, Animal Crossing, that kind of thing—I just love Nintendo games in general!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    1) Who is your favorite Nintendo character?

picking a single favorite is hard

2) What is your favorite Nintendo franchise?

probably Fire Emblem

Last edited:

simone1234

Don't underestimate the enemy/opponent.
    Years
  • 1) Who is your favorite Nintendo character?

Maybe more than 1, but if i must choose i think Link.

Pokemon Yellow, also Xenoblade is nice and some others, but since i must choose 1 i go for Pokemon.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Pokemon, definitely. Besides that I'd have to say Zelda although I need to play more games. And although it's technically Capcom I'll also throw in Ace Attorney since they've all been on Nintendo consoles/handheld.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I think I'm on day three but I am genuinely incompetent at math. Have pity - I'm basically Irish, though that is completely irrelevant to everything.

Who is your favourite Nintendo character?

They come as a pair, really. Well, it's these bastards.
    Spoiler:

Zubora and Gabora from Majora's Mask. They're lovely, sure enough, though my mind is screaming 'swap them out' with Sheik, Kid Zelda, Malon or someone like that. Indecision reigns supreme in my pea of a mind.

What is your favourite Nintendo franchise?

The Legend of Zelda, matched closely by Super Smash Brothers and Mario Kart. For me it's nostalgia over quality every time, though luckily Nintendo deals in both.

What is your favourite Nintendo console?

Nintendo 64. The Wii and Gamecube were dandy, sure enough, but they do not mirror the divinity of the N64 - not one jot. Even if the controller was the product of a diehard sadist, what of it, I proclaim jauntily?! At least the sadist had the good sense to make colourful buttons.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    3) What is your favorite Nintendo console?

idk, the Gamecube I guess

edit: ah, right, the 3DS is good shit too

Last edited:

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • 3. What is your favourite Nintendo console?

They're all tied, but the Wii, 3DS, DSi, Nintendo 64 and GameCube are my absolute favourite consoles!

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    3.) What is your favorite Nintendo console?

It's still the GameCube, but the Switch is really gaining ground, and fast.

simone1234

Don't underestimate the enemy/opponent.
    Years
  • 3.) What is your favorite Nintendo console?

I would say Nintendo Switch... But because they added the function ''paytoplayonline'' i lost some interest.

I think the 3ds is for now my favorit of nintendo.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    4. What is your favorite Nintendo console?
    Gamecube! Then I'd have to say the Switch and the 3DS, and I kinda also wanna say the SP because I've had a lot of good times on mine.

LuluRina

I got this feelin' inside my bones
    Years
  • Who is your favourite Nintendo character?
    This is a hard one... but I would have to say Luigi. IDK, there's something about him that I really like...
    What is your favourite Nintendo franchise?
    Pokemon.... duh
    What is your favourite Nintendo console?
    The 3ds... I tend to go on there the most tbh

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    4) What was your first Nintendo console?

A Gameboy Color, which was my first gaming device ever.

Years
  • 1. Who is your favorite Nintendo character?
    I honestly don't know. Luigi, maybe?

2. What is your favorite Nintendo franchise?
    Mario & Luigi and Luigi's Mansion.

3. What was your first Nintendo console?
    Game Boy Micro. Yeah, that was a thing.

4. What is your favorite Nintendo console?
    3DS. It has such a big and wide library. It's a shame Nintendo is letting it silently die.

Back