• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: CoroCoro reveals new Pokémon

deathpool

Hopeless Cole Stan
Years
  • Finally a koala Pokémon! Interesting- I speculate it might be normal grass, or grass/fighting if they go the pangoro route. Hope these are real.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Loving these designs, especially for Nekoala. Love this idea of a Pokemon that might benefit from the sleep condition.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Oh wow, CoroCoro actually revealed something of worth.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Interesting.... I like the designs a lot, but something is bugging me :P
    I guess I just wasn't expecting these.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Finally a little something more. I love the new Pokemon. I can't wait to see more.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Oh man this is amazing! Finally a Kola! And it's seemingly normal psychic! The dog is a rock type. This is actually really dark if what I think it's based on is true.

deathpool

Hopeless Cole Stan
    Years
  • The little image on the bottom right shows the koala spinning around on his log to kick stuff. Kind of getting a timburr vibe from him. Although his name and ability kinda suggests a slaking vibe.

Years
  • That puppy first seen in CoroCoro's trailer looks much cuter than I expected. Might consider it for my team if other new Pokemon don't win me over.

And what's this? We finally have a koala Pokemon? It's something that should have been saved for an Australia-based region but then again we had Pancham in a region based on France so it's not that weird seeing a koala in a Hawaii-based region when you think of that. I might consider this guy so I can have a team member that ties into my Australian roots.

Anyways, the Japanese names, types and abilities... the koala is called Nekkoala which is a Normal-type and has a new ability called Definite Sleep. The dog is called Iwanko, is a Rock-type and has the Keen Eye and Vital Spirit abilities.

But yeah, well done CoroCoro for not trolling us for once!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    Well well. So far, I've liked all the revealed Pokemon for Sun/Moon!

Especially the puppy. So cute. :3

Years
  • One thing I am intrigued is what Nekkoala's ability does, since it is a new ability. I guess it could have something to do with the sleep condition? Maybe it's an ability that makes it stronger while sleeping?

Years
  • Very little distinction between the original creatures and the Pokémon. Hopefully this isn't too consistent a trope.

Well it has been said Sun & Moon is a return to simplicity, so seeing these more simple designs going around shows that Game Freak are staying true to that statement.

Years
  • ♥ So cuuute. Koala especially, in love with all the new Pokémon we've been shown so far. I'm a fan of simplistic designs so that doesn't bother me either. Still waiting for another sheep but what can ya do, this is more than enough for now.

Can already tell it's going to be hard to decide on a team... )';

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • ohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshTHAT FREAKING PUPPY.

The koala mon is cute too but OH DEAR LORD THAT PUPPY. If all the Pokemon in Sun and Moon are this likeable I'm not gonna be able to handle waiting all the way to November to get the game.

Back