• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen 10 Years since Sinnoh - D/P anniversary!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Click here for a celebratory PokéCommunity Daily article!

10 Years since Sinnoh - D/P anniversary!

image credit to Fishenod on deviantart!

Today 10 years ago (September 28, 2006) Diamond and Pearl released in Japan, becoming the first main series Pokémon games on the Nintendo DS! Time to relive our Sinnoh memories and celebrate the games turning a decade old - still lovely to play though! Why not head over to Fourth Generation and chit-chat about them? Or perhaps undertake a challenge with Sinnoh pokémon in Challenges?

<3​

Last edited by a moderator:

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • 4th gen is one of my favourite series of Pokemon. <33 I remember when they were released for the first time; I adored the experience!

Happy 10th anni!

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Ahhh! Fourth Generation is definitely in my top three of favorite generations. I can't believe it's been ten years since its release! Agreeing with Dragon here, the experience was really wonderful! I do hope to see Sinnoh revitalized in 3D at some point.

Happy tenth anniversary!

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Never actually played D/P, but I've played platinum, which is kinda similar. Gen 4 has some of the best pokemon, with Giratina, Dialga, Kriketune, Roserade, Skuntank, Cresselia, Darkrai, I could go all night!

Years
  • I can't believe Diamond & Pearl are 10 years old now. 4th Gen had some notable part in Pokemon's history by bringing some fresh changes to old mechanics to the table. Happy 10th anniversary Sinnoh!

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    My beloved Gen 4, where it all started for me! It's really hard to believe it's been almost 10 years since I played my first Pokémon game.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    When people ask me my favourite generation, it's always so hard to choose between 3 and 4. Though, I feel like generation 4's music was just so good. Route 216 will probably be my favourite Pokémon music for life.

I still remember being in elementary school and being super hyped about Gen 4 coming out. I even remember my friend battling another person on their DS's while I just watched. The other person told me about signature moves or something, saying that Close Combat was his Infernape's signature move, only to react to my friend evolving his Staravia and learn Close Combat as well.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    My absolute favorite generation thus far. Something about it hits me harder in nostalgia vibes than even Generation 1.

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2016
    The only generation that challenges generation 1 to this day. I still can't decide which I like more. Generation 4 came out during my teenage years and I just love that it was the connection for me between childhood and adulthood. I too hope gen. 4 gets remade like ORAS!

Lucario

Hardly active since 2017!
    Years
  • Gen 4 is still my favorite, even after, wait what? TEN YEARS? You serious? Wow.

Anyway, happy anniversary!

blue

gucci
    Years
  • My favourite generation of all! It really doesn't feel like 10 years have passed for these games. Still to date they still remain as my all-time favourites in the Pokemon franchise.

EthanoicAcid

professional chicken nugget inspector
    Years
  • Ahh, happy birthday D/P! My first game and still one of my favorites to this day! So many of my most fond childhood memories lie in the Sinnoh region. Here's to hoping it gets the remake it deserves!

Years
  • Wow. Time flew by that fast didn't it? Just think, in another ten years there's going to be ten generations of Pokemon. Who's going to be up to catching them all then? Goodness gracious.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • [color]Well, this was the first generation I bought and played by myself! So this brings back a lot of memories. Happy 10 years, generation 4~.[/color]

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I am kinda expecting the remakes to be next year's game. I kinda hope it is in Platinum Style though, but if it isn't oh well. I have just never played Plat.

I remember Diamond and Pearl being one of my most excited games to get right behind Unova. First Pokemon game I ever preordered as well. I remember getting up at about 7 in the morning for an early Gamestop opening to get the games and there was a fairly large line. Can't wait for these games to get remade, as I am pretty sure they will be. Sinnoh is the only Region I don't have a game for anymore.

Mystelex

Pokémon isn't the same ever since this geneneration ended... No offense to BW and XY fans.

Source: Pearlshipping TV

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2017
    Pokémon isn't the same ever since this geneneration ended... No offense to BW and XY fans.

Source: Pearlshipping TV

Nonsense. This generation is still the worst one in the entire series. There wont ever be a generation before or after that'll be as bad as this one. But happy 10th anniversary anyways.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back