• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokémon Sun and Moon Starter evolutions, demo and Ash-Greninja

blue

gucci
Years
  • Right, I am extremely happy with Litten's evolution. This just further confirms my choice to use it in my first play through! Ash-Greninja though? Nope.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Oh man, these evolutions are great. The Rowlett evolution is hilarious. Only concerned about his hair I see.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I was the second person to view the video! :D
    I like all 3, still choosing popplio.
    But why ash-greninja? Nobody likes it

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I knew Rainbow Greninja wasn't in the games, but I still kinda though Ash-Greninja would be. I didn't think they would not put it in the game with it being as popular as it was and already being in the TCG.

Litten's Evo is by far my favorite and I am not a fan of Rowlet's. Poppilio is kinda what I expected. I think this could further give some more hope for split final evos. Because all of them will have a extremely drastic changes in the ones we know.

Years
  • I KNEW IT WAS STARTER EVOS AGREE WITH ME GUYS

Anyways, I actually think that for the usually awkward teen middle stages, they are actually pretty good. Dartrix looks really dapper and seeing its eye expression in Pokemon Refresh was funny. Torracat has a collar with a "bell" that contains a flame, which definitely would transition into that belt the leaked Litten final evo has (as if we knew they were real all along). Brionne looks more like a real person's name than a Pokemon, but damn it's so fabulous and adorable, and will definitely confirm Popplio's line as the long-awaited feminine Water starter.

Megas being confirmed to return was hinted at with the Jangmo-o article that mentioned Mega Gardevoir, but I still doubt we'll get no new Megas unfortunately. Ash Greninja also confirmed, so I guess that's a Chinese leak or something confirmed as well.

Anyways, thank you for something great news-wise after a quiet few weeks or so.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I was the second person to view the video! :D
    I like all 3, still choosing popplio.
    But why ash-greninja? Nobody likes it

That isn't really true. A LOT of people especially in Japan loves Ash-Greninja. And A lot of people in America also liked it. It was already in the TCG and they were pretty hard to find in some areas.

That is what made Greninja so popular in Japan.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • I love Torracot omg my favourite design out of the three. They're all great but I think it takes the cake. Excited that these were revealed :D

Also I love the fast that Brionne is the Pop Star Pok?mon hahaha.

Years
  • Just found out the demo comes out October 18th. That's actually exactly a month out from the release of the games in most countries.

Anyways, as Icy said there is a lot of sense as to why Ash Greninja was going to be in the game. Greninja was voted Japan's favourite Pokemon in a poll earlier this year, and Greninja has appeared in various Pokemon media on a prominent basis , such as the anime, TCG and being a playable character in Super Smash Bros 4. It was imminent from the beginning.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I was admittedly just expecting starter evos from this reveal, but like final forms and not middle forms. But this also revealed some other things too.

I'm not entirely sure why Mega Evolution being back was part of the trailer though, it was kinda obvious that a) it would return and b) there weren't gonna be any new ones.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Just found out the demo comes out October 18th. That's actually exactly a month out from the release of the games in most countries.

Anyways, as Icy said there is a lot of sense as to why Ash Greninja was going to be in the game. Greninja was voted Japan's favourite Pokemon in a poll earlier this year, and Greninja has appeared in various Pokemon media on a prominent basis , such as the anime, TCG and being a playable character in Super Smash Bros 4. It was imminent from the beginning.
    Not to mention that the Ash-Greninja form was included in Shuffle and Picross just like the Zygarde's formes were. After the Zygardes were confirmed I became 99.99% sure it would be a game thing and it paid off in the end <3.

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    im completely in love with litten's evo!! I'm happy with all the designs to be honest (except ash greninja. foh)

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • yesyesyesyesyeysyesyeyesysyeysysyeys

I am so happy to see Popplio's middle form turn out this way. Other news is irrelevant. Other starter forms are irrelevant. All hail the new best starter line in the entire series! <333

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • All the starter evolutions look awesome. Dartrix is just so slick with the hair pullback. Torracat is awesome and still quadrepedal which I love. Brionne is still a little goofy to me but I still kinda like it.

MEvolutions coming back is interesting, although I hope they rein in some of the more powerful ones (such as Kanga).

Ash-Greninja...uhh it's cool I guess. I know why, it's Japan's favourite Pokemon as of right now and Western audiences also liked it. It just doesn't sit right with me.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I was admittedly just expecting starter evos from this reveal, but like final forms and not middle forms. But this also revealed some other things too.

I'm not entirely sure why Mega Evolution being back was part of the trailer though, it was kinda obvious that a) it would return and b) there weren't gonna be any new ones.

Probably to just kept people to stop saying it wasn't back.

And those starters are cool. Litten's is nice, but I'm still staying Team Rowlett.

Knew Ash Greninja was coming, and happy, as it's pretty cool.

The demo out in two weeks is also amazing, can't wait!

Back