• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Midnight Lycanroc distribution in Europe

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
Years
Oh nice!
I'll pick it up if I have some free time this weekend!

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
Dang... I hope they evetually decide to distribute it outside of those countries.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
So Japan get a Shiny Tapu Koko and Ash Hat Pikachu whilst Europe gets a bottle cap and this. Can Europe have some good events please Game Freak?

I already have a Shiny Midday Lycanroc (My preferred form) so won't be picking this up. If it was Shiny or had some unique moves I would pick it up but for whatever reason it doesn't.

Fawful_X

Monster-hunting Red Mage
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 2, 2018
Why only those countries ;;

I was told through Discord that, essentially, the release of the new TCG pack this Lycanroc is supposed to be for is messed up, with some countries getting earlier releases than intended. We should get it in other locales eventually (when it "properly" releases in said locales).

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
Aw yiss, time to spam Stone Edge without accuracy drawbacks. And also, the free Life Orb is going to come in handy.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Wouldn't Rock Polish be a more reliable stat-boosting move than Swords Dance due to its average speed stat?

blue

gucci
Years
Ah, this is actually pretty nice! I only ended up using the Midday form so I'll definitely pick this one up when I get the chance.

Years
I don't find this event to be any special, since while having its HA is tempting you can likely get one with the HA via SOS chaining anyway.

As Gardy said, Japan getting special treatment is becoming too much of an issue.

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
Years
So Japan get a Shiny Tapu Koko and Ash Hat Pikachu whilst Europe gets a bottle cap and this. Can Europe have some good events please Game Freak?

I already have a Shiny Midday Lycanroc (My preferred form) so won't be picking this up. If it was Shiny or had some unique moves I would pick it up but for whatever reason it doesn't.
its not really up to gamefreak to decide which events that comes outside japan its the local distributors in europe/america that decide

TequitoClown

Swim swim. Swim sw- Tentacool
Years
I will certainly pick it up on the 15th! I love Lycanroc's Midnight form. I'm no competitive player or anything, but it seems like I could use this thing to sweep at the battle tree.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
its not really up to gamefreak to decide which events that comes outside japan its the local distributors in europe/america that decide

That is indeed the case but it is annoying that Japan gets all these great events and Europe gets hardly anything special.

A hidden ability Lycanroc which is easily obtainable is nothing to get excited about when Japan gets all the good events.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
I don't find this event to be any special, since while having its HA is tempting you can likely get one with the HA via SOS chaining anyway.

As Gardy said, Japan getting special treatment is becoming too much of an issue.

I mean they did make the games, I don't see why letting them get first dibs is such a big issue.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
While I understand that this event was done to promote Guardians Rising in the TCG, I feel that Nintendo should have done the shiny Tapu Koko instead, as Koko is also in Guardians Rising and has a shiny version of the GX card printed as well.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
While I understand that this event was done to promote Guardians Rising in the TCG, I feel that Nintendo should have done the shiny Tapu Koko instead, as Koko is also in Guardians Rising and has a shiny version of the GX card printed as well.
Maybe they want to promote the midnight Lycanroc cause of course Tapu Koko would be popular, and maybe they're trying to have some other 'mons be popular? Idk

I mean they did make the games, I don't see why letting them get first dibs is such a big issue.
I mean.. not all of japan made them. the people that are getting the distribution in Japan had as much to do with making the games as we did, so I don't see how this relates exactly

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Oh, so it IS coming to the U.S. after all. I was expecting we were getting a different Pokémon for an event.

Maybe they want to promote the midnight Lycanroc cause of course Tapu Koko would be popular, and maybe they're trying to have some other 'mons be popular? Idk

I doubt this would make Lycanroc's Midnight forme more popular due to how it resembles a certain Poketuber.

Back