• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Shiny Silvally Distribution Annouced!

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    i'll try to grab a bunch and do a giveaway on TC, this is a cool event

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Surprisingly enough Type Null is NOT Shiny locked. Nevertheless this is a nice event.

I wish Game Freak did not Shiny Lock Legendaries these days. I want to be able to soft reset for a Shiny Tapu Fini. :)

Last edited:
    Years
  • I wish Game Freak did not Shiny Lock Legendaries these days. I want to be able to soft reset for a Shiny Tapu Fini. :)

Probably because they're saving those shinies for event giveaways, making the shinies more valuable instead of something you can soft reset for.

... but that's just conjecture, really.

Last edited:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Probably because they're saving those shinies for event giveaways, making the shinies more valuable instead of something yo can soft reset for.

... but that's just conjecture, really.

Whilst it could be argued that making Shiny Legendary Pokemon event only more valuable wouldn't it conversely make them less valuable.

For example instead of only a few people having a Shiny Tapu Koko through luck/soft resetting a host of people now have one (or more) Shiny Tapu Koko making the Shiny remarkably common.

Years
  • Whilst it could be argued that making Shiny Legendary Pokemon event only more valuable wouldn't it conversely make them less valuable.

For example instead of only a few people having a Shiny Tapu Koko through luck/soft resetting a host of people now have one (or more) Shiny Tapu Koko making the Shiny remarkably common.

Well, yes and no.

You're basically right; legendary shinies from event giveaways become less valuable because they become common, but don't forget that these giveaways are limited in time and there are people that miss out for various reasons. Because of the time-limited nature of these events, as well as the fact that no one knows if it'll ever happen again, those legendary shinies still retain their value for the most part.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Whilst it could be argued that making Shiny Legendary Pokemon event only more valuable wouldn't it conversely make them less valuable.

It is still different; considering the ones you received from events are in Cherish Balls, have a Ribbon that prevent trading on Wonder Trade and GTS etc.

Although event Pokemon ends up all being just trophies to me in the boxes, I still love receiving them.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • I hope I can get it, I wasn't able ot get the Salazzle, hoping I can get the Marshadow this weekend right before its gone (I wanted the card though :(). Can't really go that far that often with everything with my mom.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Well, yes and no.

You're basically right; legendary shinies from event giveaways become less valuable because they become common, but don't forget that these giveaways are limited in time and there are people that miss out for various reasons. Because of the time-limited nature of these events, as well as the fact that no one knows if it'll ever happen again, those legendary shinies still retain their value for the most part.

I think it's the opposite, at least in the trade scene. When you SR or RNG ingame, you need to watch out for shininess and IVs, but with events, you just need IVs, which is pretty easy. In addition to that, it's so easy to farm events since you just need to get to the PC for the first time vs farming legends in-game require you to actually play through the game. So basically in the trade scene now everybody and their mom's gonna have a shiny Null wih good IVs, whereas before I feel like I was possibly the only one on PC and one of a few people on other forums with a 5IV shiny Null.

Before anyone mentions Hyper Training, I'm talking about the trading community, where many people value mons that are perfect without HT a lot higher (maybe not here, but still). Even with HT, events still make it easy to get a shiny mon with a certain Hidden Power (see Tapu Koko) whereas his would be a lot harder ingame due to you needing to SR or RNG for both shiniess AND HP not just one (in RNG, shininess + IVs can take ~12+ hrs of waiting ingame, whereas IVs can take 5 minutes). Finally, even WITH Hyper Training, plain shiny Nulls are still worth something to people since they had to work for it, but now they're gonna be worth nothing.

Last edited:

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • darn now i actually have to get out of my house and go to gamestop

oh well, i will just try to see if my friend has some extras he can give me and if not i'll just have to go to gamestop myself

Lilie

Nebby, please.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2023
    I haven't even gotten around checking if the nearest GameStop stores around here have any Marshadow codes left...but I reeeally want that Silvally. Thanks for the update on European dates! I'll be sure to check it out on the first day if I can.

Years
  • Posting to remind that the event has been confirmed for EB Games in Australia as well. The codes will be available until November 13th.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    I'll go and grab this guy when he comes out at my local Gamestop. Not sure if I will use him on any teams, but I might.

Back