• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Rocket ... Are In Alola?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    J8Tnobw.png

Link to Tweet.

inb4 they are just 'retired' NPC(s) living in Alola and just wants to momentarily 'relive' the old days. :V

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I'm not really expecting much, just like a small (probably post-game) sidequest where you battle a few of them for whatever reason. If they put any significant focus on Team Rocket, that'd take away from the new Ultra Recon Squad, and I doubt that Game Freak would want to do that.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    .... interesting...
    they never made formal debut since HG/SS...3 generations ago.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    This is very interesting! Someone on Twitter also pointed out what appears to be the Team Rocket HQ.

Spoiler:
    No waaay. :0

Think they're gonna be retired NPC, maybe having come over from mainland Kanto. Not sure what they're supposed to do in Alola, though.

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2019
    Welp according to the March leak & recent Riddler leak which have been accurate so far, including this information, we can hopefully look forward to all the other bosses & team members returning, the PWT (a background similar to the BW2 version was shown for a brief second in the Alola Photo Club trailer), the Battle Factory in Festival Plaza (hinted at by Ohmori and Iwao in a recent interview) & new alolan forms (oddish hinted at in the Riddler leak), and Champion Hau.

That Rocket hideout is also Lusamine's mansion. Compare them closely. TR (Rainbow Rocket) taking over Aether & summoning the other teams was also hinted at in the leaks.

Someone freeze me for the next 3 weeks.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Welp according to the March leak & recent Riddler leak which have been accurate so far, including this information, we can hopefully look forward to all the other bosses & team members returning, the PWT (a background similar to the BW2 version was shown for a brief second in the Alola Photo Club trailer), the Battle Factory in Festival Plaza (hinted at by Masuda in a recent interview) & new alolan forms (oddish hinted at in the Riddler leak), and Champion Hau.

That Rocket hideout is also Lusamine's mansion. Compare them closely. TR (Rainbow Rocket) taking over Aether & summoning the other teams was also hinted at in the leaks.

I don't know if it's just me seeing this, but I saw one of the grunts holding a masterball. It's really hard to see because it's so small.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Welp according to the March leak & recent Riddler leak which have been accurate so far, including this information, we can hopefully look forward to all the other bosses & team members returning, the PWT (a background similar to the BW2 version was shown for a brief second in the Alola Photo Club trailer), the Battle Factory in Festival Plaza (hinted at by Ohmori and Iwao in a recent interview) & new alolan forms (oddish hinted at in the Riddler leak), and Champion Hau.

I'll also leave this link using both the Chinese leak and the "Things I want for the third version" post.

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
  • I'm not really expecting much, just like a small (probably post-game) sidequest where you battle a few of them for whatever reason. If they put any significant focus on Team Rocket, that'd take away from the new Ultra Recon Squad, and I doubt that Game Freak would want to do that.
    I'm expecting that as well. It would be good if you can get Mewtwo before battling them because it's the best Pokémon for kicking some Team Rocket butt.

I don't know if it's just me seeing this, but I saw one of the grunts holding a masterball. It's really hard to see because it's so small.
    It's just a normal pokéball.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Team Rocket being in the game is a nice touch as is the possibility of an improved Post Game Battle facility.

The Alolan Oddish is very interesting if true. Would all Alolan Gloom evolve into Alolan Vileplume or will they be the only Alolan form with two potential evolutions. The Oddish line were used by Team Rocket in Johto which means they could be used instead of Zubat line and the Leader could have Alolan Vileplume/Bellossom as their ace depending on version.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Do you think it's possible that we might be able to travel to an area of Kanto and that's where we'll encounter Team Rocket? Maybe it'll be like a post game story like the delta episode.

There's a chance they might not be in Alola.

Last edited:

littlebeeb

小さなもの
    Years
  • So excited!! Team Rocket is my favorite bad-guy squad. Seeing them in the most recent Pokemon game will be super exciting for me!
    As others have mentioned, I'm wondering if their involvement will be for a post game side quest of if they will have some main story-line involvement. Considering that this will be the last Pokemon game on the DS, hopefully GameFreak will go out with a bang and really put their heart(gold) and soul(silver) in this last installment!

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    Jeez, they really seem like they're pulling out all the stops for this game. With the addition of Team Rocket plus a hideout to explore which will probably tell a small Rocket sub-plot, plus a bunch of additional battles, and possibly might even include some rare pokemon to catch or rescue while in the process. USM really does seem like it's going to have a lot of things to do in it.
    I just like that USM is really starting to appear like it is going to be completely packed with content this time around, and I'm also getting the feeling that the post game for USM is actually really going to be worth it.

The previews and reveals for USM this month have been getting me sort of excited for it. I might think about getting the game a few months after its release.

Back