• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[News] Nintendo Direct on Switch titles announced for this week

Nintendo Direct on Switch titles announced for this week

Nintendo Direct on Switch titles announced for this week

It’ll be forty minutes long! Get your Poffins warmed up.

pkmin3033

What the hell kind of time is that, Nintendo? Some of us have to be up early for work and can't stay up until 11pm ._.

Hopefully some long rumoured titles - Castlevania Advance Collection, Baten Kaitos remasters, and Xenoblade 3 - will see some announcements though…

bobandbill

one more time
Years
What the hell kind of time is that, Nintendo? Some of us have to be up early for work and can't stay up until 11pm ._.

Hopefully some long rumoured titles - Castlevania Advance Collection, Baten Kaitos remasters, and Xenoblade 3 - will see some announcements though…
And some of us don't want to wake up at 6am! Haha

XC3 would be hype, but then I'd have to hasten getting around to XC2 first, haha. Curious to see more on Metroid and Advance Wars too. SMT less so because they've already been advertising the heck out of that it feels (hey SE, maybe you should have done that with NEO TWEWY).

pkmin3033

And some of us don't want to wake up at 6am! Haha

XC3 would be hype, but then I'd have to hasten getting around to XC2 first, haha. Curious to see more on Metroid and Advance Wars too. SMT less so because they've already been advertising the heck out of that it feels (hey SE, maybe you should have done that with NEO TWEWY).
I'll trade you xD

I think we'll probably see some Advance Wars, but I'd be surprised if they spent much time on Metroid beyond another trailer since they've been revealing snippets of that quite steadily since its announcement. Speaking of Square Enix, maybe they'll decide there is enough demand for the FF pixel remasters now!

What time is it for the uk people
11pm, and it'll be about 40 minutes long =x

Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen yesterday
Eeeh, I admit I hardly play my Switch as it is. In the past I just had no means to afford buying all these games, but with a part-time job I can buy maybe 1-2 if I wished to do so. I am hoping for some decent announcements!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 31, 2024
I'll trade you xD

I think we'll probably see some Advance Wars, but I'd be surprised if they spent much time on Metroid beyond another trailer since they've been revealing snippets of that quite steadily since its announcement. Speaking of Square Enix, maybe they'll decide there is enough demand for the FF pixel remasters now!

11pm, and it'll be about 40 minutes long =x
oh wow I guess I will have to look on Friday morning then I have work the next day

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I don't expect a whole ton of Pokemon News in a Nintendo Direct, but I hope we get a tiny bit of info regarding BDSP and the upcoming Pokemon Cafe Remix update that's supposed to be happening soon. Other than that, my expectations are low because I cannot forsee a ton of Pokemon news this time.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
  • Age 34
  • Ohio
  • Seen Apr 25, 2024
Xenoblade 3 incoming

In all honesty... who knows

Final Smash DLC? Maybe? idk
Klonoa trademark official reveal? I'd scream like a fangirl. Personally... I doubt it
.hack//G.U. Last Record port to Switch? It was rated for it. So maybe.

All in all we're just going to have to wait and see.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Enters with low expectations for new titles.

Guesses:
- More information on Advance Wars, Metroid, Splatoon 3, and Mario + Rabbids
- A title for Project: Triangle Strategy
- Longshot guesses: A new Mario game in time for Christmas and a Chrono Trigger remake (not just a port).
- A trailer for Breath of the Wild 2.
- An Animal Crossing update for Christmas.

Guesses on what will not be in:
- Major Animal Crossing DLC. (Not just an update.)
- Pokemon news.

Please?:
- Mother 3. (Pretty please?)

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
  • Age 34
  • Ohio
  • Seen Apr 25, 2024
Some stuff for the Direct has supposedly 'leaked' already

Apparently we'll be getting info on a new Kirby game and Bayonetta 3.

But it's not guaranteed obviously so we'll just have to wait and see what they show

Years
  • Age 23
  • Online now
The mario movie looks so fun

Gross to the expansion pass for old n64 games.

Last edited:
Years
Just finished watching the direct, really only watched for Bayonetta 3 and I am looking forward to that game in particular and ironically still need to purchase Bayonetta 2, but hopefully that should be soon enough. Also the leaked n64 controller was confirmed, but I was surprised with the Genesis controller. Not buying either controller though since I'm not subscribing to Switch Online.

Though if they did showcase the new Xenoblade that supposedly is near completion, I might have also enjoyed that as well, since I do plan on getting the Xenoblade Chronicles Remaster eventually on the Switch.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Eyes Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars with interest. Might get around to the demo in a few days.

Wonders how three-dimensional Kirby will pan out. Looked barren, and not in terms of scenery. Plunked down a maximum of two enemies in large spaces. Brings Mario 64 to mind. Will the format change? Hunted for hidden items for the majority of past games. Would not be a large shift, if so.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
the only thing that interested me was the G-rank expansion for MH Rise, though it was just a teaser trailer, so we don't know shit yet

also lol @ nintendo bringing back the N64 controller, that thin g was not made for human hands

and for a bit I thought that the Bayonetta 3 trailer was going to be an Astral Chain 2 trailer

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
Years
Xenoblade 3 incoming

All in all we're just going to have to wait and see.
Oh a trails fan! Hello there!

As for me I haven't watched the Direct because it was 1AM for me I think... or 2AM? Whatever, I was sleeping. I hope for some SMT V news. I don't have a switch but I still hope xD

User Anon 1848

would love to be able to buy these n64 games a la carte at some point

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Thought it was a decent direct. Curious on the details with the NSO but as long as there's a cheaper 'family' plan option like what I'm already on with a bunch of friends/Janna, fine by me. Yay for confirmation of a MHRise expansion! Curious on the storymode for splatoon 3 as well/.

Project Triangle Project just becoming Triangle Project was one of the least surprising things to me, haha.

pkmin3033

It was an OK Direct. Just "OK" and not exceptional. Some thoughts:

- Castlevania Advance Collection shadow-dropping was a wonderful surprise and I've been playing Circle of the Moon ever since! I've never played (or even heard of, for that matter) Vampire's Kiss so that'll be a new experience for me as well, but I'm happy I finally have the best Castlevania - Aria of Sorrow - on my Switch. Really excited to play that again in the near future!
- The new Kirby game looks interesting, but I'm getting whiffs of "open world for the sake of open world" from it and I'm a tad worried. I guess this is a "wait and see" one for me.
- It's going to take more than an expansion to get me to like Monster Hunter Rise...although not more than that to replay it probably. I'm already thinking about it. Wondering if the name might hint towards Crimson Fatalis showing up in it. That'd be nice. Really the value of this expansion will depend on the monster roster, as it always does. Rise needs better monsters.
- Triangle Strategy looks to be coming along nicely...although I wish they'd thought of a better name.
- Bayonetta 3 looks good, although her hairstyle, combined with the comments made by her voice actor, make me wonder if it's actually her and not an older version of Cereza...so, an older version of the younger Bayonetta. Hmm.
- Yoko Taro's new card game is intriguing, although I'm not sure I want to spend £32 on it. I like Yoko Taro's works, and I am a huge fan of Keiichi Okabe. Some real talent worked on this. But it doesn't really do much to excite me...I don't even want to try the demo. Might wait on this.
- OMG ACTRAISER. No Dawn, you don't have time to play this right now, don't buy it yet, it'll go on sale soon enough...
- Nothing they do is going to make Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity worth playing.
- N64 and Megadrive games coming to NSO is more disappointing and depressing than welcome - firstly, because it means we won't get the chance to actually own these games in the near future in all probability. Secondly...Expansion Pak? So they're going to increase the price? NSO already offers absolutely zero value - low price is not an excuse for this either, stop giving Nintendo a free pass for charging less for poor quality, please - and it sounds like they're going to try and squeeze more from customers for glorified ROMs. Megadrive games coming to NSO is pretty pointless with the existence of the SEGA Ages line and the Megadrive Classics Collection. Yes, it'll be nice to have Paper Mario and Banjo Kazooie on the Switch in some form. But at what price is that going to come?

tigertron

Pokémon Master
Years
I was pretty disappointed with this Direct. Many of us wanted GB/GBC games and we got Sega Megadrive games which are easily accessible outside the Switch platform.

That new Kirby game looked good though!

Back