• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

52 GAMES ALL IN ONE CARTRIDGE?!

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • 52 GAMES ALL IN ONE CARTRIDGE?!

This isn't a thread about Action 52 specifically, but rather, the games you get that have a bunch of small games all packed into one cartridge, or cd, or whatever (like Action 52). Have you gotten or played any all in one games like that? What did you think of the games? Feel free to share thoughts!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • 52 action-packed games all in one cartridge? Wow! What a deal!

Super Mario-All Stars is a great example of having a bunch of games rolled into one cart that provides hours of non-stop fun. I grew up on that and it was awesome. Action 52, on the other hand, is definitely not how you do it. lol

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    This reminds me of the demo discs and cartridges that used to be big in the 90s. There were loads of bootleg demo packages for GameBoy Colour I seem to remember, with pokémon rip-offs and the like.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    I have one of those 120 games in 1 carts for the GBA with like 3 bust GBA games and way too many NES games. Actually how I found out about Castlevania, funnily enough.

Lord Scalgon

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
    Years
  • Oh, god...that one. I really have no words for it, but first off...let me quote Silent Rob on this:

"The money just [inaudible] killed me. Why? WHY'D THE MONEY KILL ME? I [inaudible] TRUSTED YOU MONEY! I mean, holy [inaudible] [inaudible]. If you can't trust money, what the [inaudible] can you trust?"

Anyway, also speaking of Action 52, extreme amounts of bugs, tried that defunct $100,000 contest they once held, only to run into more bugs, and there are a few games where there are safespots that you can literally abuse and beat it while hardly even doing anything at all.

On another note, speaking of Micro Mike, I'm...just not going to get started on that.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • It was heavy stuff back then when I was playing GBA games, I often play about 250 games inside of a single GBA cart, even though most of its contents are NES games.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
  • My friend recently bought a DS catridge for £40, and it included two Professor Layton games, Pokemon D/P/P and HG/SS and like 12 other games that I can't remember. Weirdest thing ever.

Algo Fonix

oh god
    Years
  • I have a really good 64-in-1 cart for my Famicom. It's got 48 actual games and the rest are hacked repeats, but still! I have another 4-in-1 with various 'Mario' games on it. Absolute trash. Not worth the 3 dollars it cost to get it from Hong Kong.

That said, I'd kill for a copy of Action 52.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
  • Absolute trash. Not worth the 3 dollars it cost to get it from Hong Kong.

lol $3. xD

I had a few of these, actually. One was this 120-in-1 handheld where all the graphics looked like they could be Tetris pieces. I also have this Atari Throwback with around 40 Atari games on it. I also got this one a while back with 5000 games on it.

5000 games... more like 100 with repeats. :/

And after watching the AVGN episode on Action 52, I'd rather stay away from it. xD

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I have yet to see a minigame-game that isn't total garbage.

...With that said, I adore games that shove the story with tons of minigames, whether they be optional or not. Playing through Final Fantasy VII is always a joy because the minigames really make the scenarios feel unique and special, even if they're unplayable and unenjoyable.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Oh man, game cartridges with 50-something games or so are the best. For Christmas I was given a handheld where you can play 80+ Sega Genesis games, and that includes every Sonic the Hedgehog games. It was awesomeness.

Super Mario All-Stars is one of my all-time favorite too! It's nice to live through nostalgia in one single game cartridge :3

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • There was a bundle of Sonic games for the Gamecube that I had when I was little, but I only really played the Sonic 3D Blast game (Flicky's Island? iirc), I don't remember playing anything else.

BrandoSheriff

Years
  • There was a bundle of Sonic games for the Gamecube that I had when I was little, but I only really played the Sonic 3D Blast game (Flicky's Island? iirc), I don't remember playing anything else.

Sonic Mega Collection, right?

I also have that, along with Gems Collection. All the older Sonic games at my disposal. :D

For Christmas about 4 years ago I got the Sega Genesis Collection for PS2, but all I really played was Sonic and Vectorman. xD

Years
  • Sonic Mega Collection, right?

I also have that, along with Gems Collection. All the older Sonic games at my disposal. :D
    You're still out a few Game Gear ones unless you have Sonic Mega Collection Plus or Sonic Adventure DX. With that said, you're not missing much.

Aside from Mega Collection and Gems, the other week I bought Sonic Hits Collection on Steam: everything in Sonic Mega Collection, Sonic Adventure DX, Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, Sonic CD, Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing, Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing: Transformed, Sonic Generations, Sonic 4 Episode 1, and Sonic 4 Episode 2. The whole thing ran me $15.

I also own The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition, which has Zelda 1, Zelda 2, Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask, and also Mega Man Anniversary Collection, which comprises the first eight Mega Man games. You could say I have a thing for collections. :D

Years
  • About Action 52... Oh boy... One of the most unimaginative pile of garbage I can think of, coupled with severe game-breaking glitches that kill off the game. Unless you're a hardcore NES collector it's one of the most wasteful $199.99 you can ever spend. Still better than Plumber's Don't Wear Ties and Custer's Revenge, though.

Speaking of other bundled games, though, does MGS2 and MGS3 Vita count?

BrandoSheriff

Years
  • You're still out a few Game Gear ones unless you have Sonic Mega Collection Plus or Sonic Adventure DX. With that said, you're not missing much.

Aside from Mega Collection and Gems, the other week I bought Sonic Hits Collection on Steam: everything in Sonic Mega Collection, Sonic Adventure DX, Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, Sonic CD, Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing, Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing: Transformed, Sonic Generations, Sonic 4 Episode 1, and Sonic 4 Episode 2. The whole thing ran me $15.

I also own The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition, which has Zelda 1, Zelda 2, Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask, and also Mega Man Anniversary Collection, which comprises the first eight Mega Man games. You could say I have a thing for collections. :D

oh, I do have Adventure DX. I forgot it had those unlockable Game Gear games. xD

and nice collections man. i never got the opportunity to get the Zelda Collector's Edition.

you're still missing Sonic 06

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Some of these games are good, but frankly the majority suck. My favorite was probably Clubhouse Games on the Nintendo DS.

Back