• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen A G/S Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Yep! A bunch of people would love to play it no? And wow besides the moohlah ninty would also be thinking wow now we have a handeld that can take the pokegear make it alive through touch we can also have super duper 2 full regions and still have room for more more more in features. And i realized:
    No matter how crazy it seems for nintendo to mkae the gs remakes its the most sensible thing i heard in ages.

VanillaThunderbolt

Generic User Title
    Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2012
    GSC remake would be the best thing to happen to my life.
    Ever.
    But honestly it would require changing all the GBC graphics and tiles and blah blah blah to DS graphics and tiles and blah blah blah.
    Which might not be that hard, it would probably just take a while.
    And then factoring some way of getting the next two generations of Pokemon in would be kinda tough... though I guess they don't HAVE to do that.
    they create a new generation with a new generation handheld system
    Technically, RBY and GSC were on the same system, well really just Yellow and GSC, which came out for GBC, since RB was for regular GB.
    But still, a 5th generation isn't needed now.
    What's needed now, is a good ol' stroll down a futuristic memory lane.
    GO GSC REMAKE! =D
    [Too bad it's not real ><]

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    And, I forgot one: Arceus forbid, they're going to mess it up with 2D-3D graphics.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    And, I forgot one: Arceus forbid, they're going to mess it up with 2D-3D graphics.
    So, instead of saying why it wouldn't happen with actual reasoning (as suggesting it wouldn't happen for reasosn such as FR/LG was only made to celebrate an aniversary which isn't true), now you resort to saying 'they can't 'cause they'll mess with the graphics!'

...what? IMO DPPt's graphics weren't bad, and chances are if a GS remake is made they'd be like that (look at Jasmine's already-made spite, for instance). And if graphics matter that much for you... face it, they won't revert back to 2-D graphics given they successfully used the 3D ones. I don't really see what's so worrying about that fact, tbh, and it DOES seem that you're grapsing at straws here.. :/ No offense intended, but strikes me as a 'meh' post at best.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    I would like a Gold and Silver remake. I never played those video games before because I was not interested in Pokemon video games at the time and continue just watching the anime until I grew uninterested of it. No offense to people who still watch the Pokemon anime. I hope they make one in the future.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Exactly sooner or later kids who have played fr/lg r/s/e d/p/pt(someone had to finally use the correct abbriviations) will go hey look these pokemon come from jhoto and will go asking to nintendo hey where is this jhoto region and nintendo when that time comes will make a game for all the noobs to see why 18 year olds play pokemon to this very day.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    That wasn't a comment on how a remake wouldn't be made - it was a comment on what would happen if a Crystal remake was made.

The only redeeming feature of D/P's graphics (in my opinion - say whatever you like about it) was the Spear Pillar Incident, and I don't think there was any events in Crystal that could be applied to SPI-worthy graphics. x3

I'd play it if it came out, sure, but the freaky semi-3D graphics might be a bit of a turnoff. Go nutty and plead to Nintendo to make a new one - heck, they might. I would just enjoy it more if they could decide between 2D and 3D.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Wait your saying that d/p/pt graphix arent 3D? Ok then i guess you didnt know this. The whole gme is 3D. The buildings are really polygons with textrues. If they really wanted to they could of had the camera to move to the way your viewing. Like insteado of just moving the charcter the cmera angle moves to the way he is viewing to have it seem like your viewing things the way he would but from a birds eye view. Heck i woud love it if it was like that in a gs remake!
    Edits: Hmm upon further analysis i concluded that indeed there will be a gs remake. How did i come to that? Reading the manga. They said in there that when it comes to forms deoxys could have it for other regions. At the time the only known region was none other then jhoto. Ok now i know sinnoh aint got them but you never know. Mabye they dont want to so they could leave them for jhoto. But what else could there be? Well you guys never thought about a special attack form with cannons for arms(i know stupid but blowing stuff up needs something special) and a special defence form. And where else to put them but jhoto. But why now why 5-6 years later? Well as you know jhoto is connected to kanto. And hoenn the other region besides kanto to have forms of deoxys is southwest of jhoto thus putting it in the middle. And the middle region gets said special forms. So what better way then having a remake. Case solved!

Last edited:

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Why won't Nintendo (R) make it and get this over with? We loved the games and DP works with JOHTO.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Why won't Nintendo (R) make it and get this over with? We loved the games and DP works with JOHTO.
    Simple. Right now, Nintendo already have a mianstream Pokemon game ready to sell to the masses - Platinum. They'll sell the not-so-mainstream games as well (like Ranger) as they won't impact sales (they're spinoffs after all), but they won't release two or more different mainstream handheld games together. That way, they make more sales from one, then when the hype of it has more or less die down, they move to the next one.

Evident in previous game releases as well, and not just for Pokemon either.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Well im also thinking and 2009 seems the perfect year. They never go a year without selling a game spinoff or main and i think 2 years in a row with main games is logical as hell platinum wont last as long as we think.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    If a Pokémon Crystal remake does wind up coming out, the chances are we won't get it until 2011. (Or, whenever Crystal came out... I remember seeing 2001. xD)

Wait your saying that d/p/pt graphix arent 3D?

Now, where did I ever say that? I said they're part 3D and part 2D.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    No actually they are all 3D except for battles and the likes. Anyway 2011 are friking kidding me? Its either 2009 or 2010. 2010 could be stretching it as the 5th gen could come out then but i doubt it. 2011 is the estimated 5th generation release year and they wouldnt ruin it for a gs remake no matter how much you want that.

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2009
    I think there's a strong possibility of a G/S remake. I'm not going to mention all the hints from D/P, because loads of other people have already done that. =/ You can look at it a couple of ways. A G/S remake could be for fun, just to let all the older players enjoy playing in Johto once more, and to improve the storyline and difficulty of it. A lot of the people on here are saying there's no need, because all of the Johto Pokémon can be transferred to D/P/Pt. Oh yeah... That's from using Pal Park from the older games. What fun is there in that? I don't want help from R/S/E and FR/LG to finish my Pokédex on the NEXT generation. I already caught them on those games, why can't I go somewhere new and catch them again in the current generation? Besides, with the DSi, Nintendo are going to focus on those who actually go out and buy a DSi, and a DSi has no GBA port, so no Pal Park. How would we get all our older generation Pokémon now then? By including them in another game so we can catch them, then freely trade between DSes. G/S remakes would be the solution to this problem. My bets are it being announced early in 2009 and will probably be released in 2010. This will close off the 4th generation, like Emerald and FR/LG did with the 3rd. And then Gamefreak are free to start working on the 5th and possibly last generation.

I'd absolutely love a G/S remake. I played Gold for ages, and would love to do it again. But it needs serious improvements... Especially Kanto. As much as I loved going there, it was incredibly easy. I have to say though, it must be quite difficult programming 16 gyms and fitting the right level requirements. But... We'll have to see how it goes. Let's all keep our hopes up.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Hey, I'm just throwing out ideas. I recall Crystal being released in 2001, but go bonkers estimating.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    A few Spin-Offs are released as 2 in a set... and then they make the stupid sequels. Either way, I want GSC remake that's MUCH more different and a beta version as well. :D Those rule.

Yanmega Owns

G/S remake enthusiast
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2009
    (some guy from pokebeach!) Yes I have started a petition. At pokebeach and pokemonelite2000 we have already got about 70 signatures. We're continuing the petition in different sites and I'd be really thankful if you would sign

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Bah. I'm sceptical over what good a petition would do, even if I do support a GS remake through and through. Ultimately it's down to Nintendo's choice and whether they themselves deem it feasible that it'll sell and whether they even want to make one instead of some other Pokemon project that'll probably also sell just as well, and I honesty see no petition getting them to decide and say 'FINE we'll make it!'. Heck, look at all the people wanting a Mother 3 release for America. They even made a fans translation, saying they'd take it down if they got what they want. It's not looking very likely that that'll happen...

Just my opinion though, but I don't foresee it having any effect tbh. :/

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back