• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen A G/S Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    This is my first post since all this has been revealed. Unfortunately my school has taken back the laptops they had issued so now I have resorted to using an HP computer that is very slow. I cant even find the special characters option so I could log in XD!

Anyway, I am so excited for this and I am absolutely in love with the name Heart Gold! I am predicting a Pokemon Contest anime spinoff featuring Dawn and May in Johto called Pokemon Heart and Soul!

The Logo's are absolutely gorgeous and have a really original feel to them. I am really looking forward to the remixed music because we have not had that "Pokemony" feeling music in a long time.

I cant wait to hear about the new features that will come from these a nd how they will compete with Platinum.

I really dont want Hoenn to be in this but I wouldnt mind.

I wonder if there will be any new forms of Ho oh and Lugia!?

I cant wait for these because ten years is a loong time and I hardly remeber anything about these games. I just hope they still have that old feel to them. With the names they chose it appears they will.

pokerus34

Labyrinthine Rhapsody
    Years
  • I wonder... It was ten years already?

OMG...

Harhar... I'll be expecting some nice graphics from the game, and some new storylines and features too!

I wish all Pokemon can be obtainable there in anyways, which i guess will be...

P.S.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • This is my first post since all this has been revealed. Unfortunately my school has taken back the laptops they had issued so now I have resorted to using an HP computer that is very slow. I cant even find the special characters option so I could log in XD!

Anyway, I am so excited for this and I am absolutely in love with the name Heart Gold! I am predicting a Pokemon Contest anime spinoff featuring Dawn and May in Johto called Pokemon Heart and Soul!

The Logo's are absolutely gorgeous and have a really original feel to them. I am really looking forward to the remixed music because we have not had that "Pokemony" feeling music in a long time.

I cant wait to hear about the new features that will come from these a nd how they will compete with Platinum.

I really dont want Hoenn to be in this but I wouldnt mind.

I wonder if there will be any new forms of Ho oh and Lugia!?

I cant wait for these because ten years is a loong time and I hardly remeber anything about these games. I just hope they still have that old feel to them. With the names they chose it appears they will.
    The Anime no idea.
    The music yeah can't wait.*kanto gym battle music playing*
    The new features are also what I cannot wait for and I hope they are cool.
    Hoenn will not be in! I wanna know why people think Hoenn could be in but Kanto, no no fr/lg suffices so yeah just screw the other region which helps make a lot of things(like the magnet train. WTF wanna get rid of that? thought so) in the game better.
    The Lugia and Ho-oh forms. I dunno but this is possible while entirely crazy. But it could be that while in both games you can get both birds in one game or another you can only get the respective bird form. It kinda kills 2 birds with one stone doesn't it? ^_^

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    To keep the speculation going, please allow me to post this SO-CALLED "LEAKED INFORMATION" regarding Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver from a guy named Forenzo18 at GameFaqs (Source: GameFAQs Pokémon HGSS Board)

I don't think everyone should believe this guy straight off the bat so please don't consider this as 100% legit. I only posted this to keep speculations going. Moderators may choose to delete this post.

Since his English is pretty bad, I've decided to patch things up:
    • There will be no new Pokémon.
    • Generation I & II Pokémon will receive new sprites while Generation III & IV Pokémon will use Platinum sprites.
    • There is a new version of the Pokégear. The Phone and Radio will remain. Other apps will also be available. There is also an app that utilizes the DSi Camera wherein you can take a picture of yourself and save it to your DSi afterwards.
      0248.png
      0252.png
    • You can swap your Gold PokéGear for a Silver one at Silph Co. and vice versa.
    • There is a new DSiWare called "PokéBox DS". This works as a mini Pokémon Ranch.
    • There will be slight changes with the storyline such as the Red Gyarados being uncatchable.
    • The Bug Catching Contest remains.
    • Honey trees will replace Headbutt trees.
    • Gameplay experience with Ho-oh, Lugia, and the Legendary Beasts is still the same like the originals.
    • Kanto is available.
    • All Generation I starters will be available in Kanto similar to Pokémon Yellow.
    • Mewtwo and the legendary birds can be caught in their previous locations.
    • The Safari Zone makes its return in Fuchsia.
    • Cinnabar is rebuilt.
    • Islands for event Pokémon such as Mew and Deoxys will be accessible. GS Celebi event is back.
    • The Underground feature as well as secret bases makes a return. You can dig up fossils and gems like in DPPt. Fossils can be revived at the Pokémon Lab in Cinnabar Island.
    • There is also a Battle Frontier.
    • You can obtain only 1 Hoenn starter from the Professor.

Again, this is not 100% legit. It's not 100% official. Its up to you whether you believe it or not. I don't believe it either way. I'm still waiting for Pokémon Sunday and CoroCoro for official information.

Taken from Serebii.net

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Hey you forgot another post of his!
    Gues I am using really bad japanese translation
    Please do not judge my language
    and believe what you wish but this will revealed be official soon enough

We are not purpose to discuss my language it is the topic at hand
    I honestly am sure that of all this is true

an other image here
    0134.png

i have no more image but soon i can get some more maybe
    So if what he says is true then I am guessing all those new areas and Kanto do come along.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
  • ...Why make the Red Gyarados uncatchable? =/

Other than that, if that's all true, it doesn't seem too bad. I'd expect the Hoenn starter thing given how Emerald let you get a Johto starter upon completing the Hoenn Dex, I think it was. As for restoring Kanto, I'm partly for it, and partly against it. The against it is because of the whole "it's been three years since R/B/Y", so things have changed in Kanto. Unless the excuse for that is the hardware and not-enough-space thing.

Years
  • Since his English is pretty bad, I've decided to patch things up:
    • There will be slight changes with the storyline such as the Red Gyarados being uncatchable.
    • Cinnabar is rebuilt.

I have a problem with those. I know they're not 100% but I think it wouldn't be the same with Cinnabar rebuilt or the Red Gyarados. Also the Legendary Birds shouldn't be there because well for one, they weren't before and two they're in Platinum as roaming so yeah.

The Safari Zone, for some reason it wasn't open back then, I think now there could be a side quest involving the Warden and perhaps his teeth once more? But instead of searching the Safari Zone you'd search elsewhere and then once the Safari Zone is open you could find perhaps Hoenn Pokemon and etc.

Also Mewtwo? Well I don't know about him.. apparently Giovanni wanted him in the Anime, perhaps Mewtwo is the reason Giovanni disappeared?

-Krobelus

Years
    • There will be no new Pokémon.
    • Generation I & II Pokémon will receive new sprites while Generation III & IV Pokémon will use Platinum sprites.
    • There is a new version of the Pokégear. The Phone and Radio will remain. Other apps will also be available. There is also an app that utilizes the DSi Camera wherein you can take a picture of yourself and save it to your DSi afterwards.
      0248.png
      0252.png
    • You can swap your Gold PokéGear for a Silver one at Silph Co. and vice versa.
    • There is a new DSiWare called "PokéBox DS". This works as a mini Pokémon Ranch.
    • The Bug Catching Contest remains.
    • Honey trees will replace Headbutt trees.
    • Gameplay experience with Ho-oh, Lugia, and the Legendary Beasts is still the same like the originals.
    • Kanto is available.
    • All Generation I starters will be available in Kanto similar to Pokémon Yellow.
    • Cinnabar is rebuilt.
    • Islands for event Pokémon such as Mew and Deoxys will be accessible. GS Celebi event is back.
    • The Underground feature as well as secret bases makes a return. You can dig up fossils and gems like in DPPt. Fossils can be revived at the Pokémon Lab in Cinnabar Island.
    • There is also a Battle Frontier.
    • You can obtain only 1 Hoenn starter from the Professor.

Most of that stuff sounds good, but I don't know why they'd make Red Gyarados uncatchable. I would be disappointed...and I also miss the Headbutt trees! I always thought that was a fun little addition to G/S/C that a lot of people seem to have forgotten about.

Cinnabar Island being rebuilt...I'm a little iffy on that one because I thought it was a good way to show the passage of time and how much could change in three years...although I suppose they did that with the Magnet Train and the Power Plant/Radio Tower. I'd rather they gave us a full version of Viridian Forest, etc. instead.

That is, if what the original source for this information is true. I saw a news article that said one new Pokémon would be introduced into the remakes, which just seemed strange to me...I haven't seen any similar claims being made, though, so I think it's probably a false rumor.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Right now he looks a bit legit a bit fake. Just one thing. The pokegear won't have a map if its so. That would mean oh noes! No on the fly map. I hope he really is fake. I say that cause it took only a couple of hours to post it on the net and all. That map for Johto must take ages to make but whatever I call bust until the official site is open.

Serebii

Webmaster of Serebii.net
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2012
    Serebii - did any of you actual check the google cache link you provided, as it shows the exact same thing that has always been there. Are you sure someone didn't photoshop for the intent of drama? I appreciate the skepticism and rumourmongering but this is why my Johto piece also talks about the importance of checking and verifying. I'm a pretty easy guy to find and have no problem doing a screen cap of my edit log which CAN'T be edited if only because it's on a server I neither house nor control.

I've attached a screencap here for proof but hey, even thing I wrote as to what was coming (and what wasn't) turned out to be true, so believe me when I say no offense. I got a hell of a lot worse when I did the Pokemon Platinum reveal. :-) You guys keep me on my toes.

-Alex

Google Caches change over time. The cache for it is no longer for May 2nd. It now displays the stuff for May 6th which is after the alleged editing. I saw the cached version myself a couple of days ago, as did over a dozen other people. None of it is photoshopped.

I have nothing against you, you may have inside info, you may not. However, we have evidence that you edited your post and that adds up against you. Your rampant denial of it only goes to fuel it further.

Hey you forgot another post of his!
    So if what he says is true then I am guessing all those new areas and Kanto do come along.
    He posted the same on SPP. I checked his IP, he is from England. Makes me smell a fake

Last edited:

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    There will be slight changes with the storyline such as the Red Gyarados being uncatchable.

Then if that is true (not saying it is) then what would happen if someone traded a masterball over to you and you could catch it, would it glitch up?

Anyway, I was wondering if there was going to be a GTS? Sorry if this has been asked :/

Serebii

Webmaster of Serebii.net
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2012
    Then if that is true (not saying it is) then what would happen if someone traded a masterball over to you and you could catch it, would it glitch up?

Anyway, I was wondering if there was going to be a GTS? Sorry if this has been asked :/
    We have no details about the game other than the names...

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • You know what would be great? Shadow Lugia and Shadow Ho-oh in the storyline. :D:D:D
    Doubt that - these games are made by Game Freak, yet Colosseum and XD which had the Shadow Pokemon plot was made by another company in Genius Sonority - I doubt they'd just go and use their idea then. Besides, it has little to do with the original GSC games as well, I suppose...

And as for these new rumors... well, Gyarados being uncatchable is an odd thing to do, really... rather iffy on that. It's possible but an odd choice. (Though, if it were the case, then one wouldn't even be able to battle it if it even existed - hence that Masterball problem is solved). Plus, anyone leaking info is always suspicious, as people working for places have no real reason to do so and at times would risk something in it too.
    There is a new DSiWare called "PokéBox DS". This works as a mini Pokémon Ranch
    Yeah...this is also odd - an inferior Pokemon BoxRanch? Doesn't make sense at all. More doubt for me! And if this is true, well, would be dissappointed over the lack of ability to make Pokemon Headbutt trees. -_-

But the 'no new Pokemon' part should be right at any rate - could always be a new 'forme' of Pokemon (but I find this unlikely), and any new Pokemon will appear in games as catchable in gen 5 - not before.

ATM I'm finding it doubtful, and hard to believe really. -_- Again - official information is the only kind to be trusted - rumors from randoms need some caution. Especially if it's given in such detail a mere day after the announcement. -_-

And yeah, as I said before - google cache does update itself, so...hmm. =/

Last edited:

Gamewhale

lol --
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2012
    So I'm guessing the battle with the Rocket Executives at the end of their Mahogany hideout will now be a double battle with Lance as your partner? That will be awesome. :D

Years
  • This is great information, i hope you can fight both Red and Leaf in these it would be cool I'm sure they're going to confirm that Giovanni is Silver's dad. I wonder if they're going to give Kanto more of a plot then just beat the gym leaders?

I personally think the names would sound better the other way around, instead of HeartGold, GoldHeart and instead of SoulSilver SilverSoul. But that's just my opinion.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2009
    If the gyarados uncatchable is right, I don't know if that's so bad... Maybe it'll be like the anime story line, Lance catching the Red Gyarados. And it replacing his original Gyarados in the Elite 4. I don't think Legendary's should be catchable at all, I'd get a shock if I was a school trainer who needs to fight with his rattata to a Ho-oh or a Celebi for example, I would get a Heart attack. Just a storyline, and the meeting of the legendary, but don't think they should be catchable...

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • I wonder whatn will happen with Glaceon and Leafeon? Will they evolve a different way, or will the moss and icy (or whatever it's called XD) rocks be in Johto/Kanto or what... :\ Yeah, that has me stumped. ;P Or they could just not evolve into Glaceon/Leafeon, but that seems kinda pointless...:(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back