• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen A Sinnoh Appearance?

Massai

Lesson The First
Years
    • Seen May 2, 2011
    First off, you're using what generation a game is remade into to determine the time line?

Second, that's ridiculous.

Third, Isshu is her home region.

Fourth, do you live in the same place as your grandparents? I come from native and immigrant stock myself.

Fifth, the fact that she is there is awesome.

Sixth, it's cool Blue is livin large in Isshu, but we gotta draw the line at Cynthia?

Seventh, shouldn't you be more upset that Lt. Surge isn't making a cameo, since he's the most well known American in the pokemon universe, and Isshu is NYC?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • First off, you're using what generation a game is remade into to determine the time line?

Second, that's ridiculous.

Third, Isshu is her home region.

Fourth, do you live in the same place as your grandparents? I come from native and immigrant stock myself.

Fifth, the fact that she is there is awesome.

Sixth, it's cool Blue is livin large in Isshu, but we gotta draw the line at Cynthia?

Seventh, shouldn't you be more upset that Lt. Surge isn't making a cameo, since he's the most well known American in the pokemon universe, and Isshu is NYC?
    Actually Blue's Music is there but so far he isn't there...
    also I agree with her home region being Isshu.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    If Isshu is proven to be her region rather than Sinnoh (or some other one), I hope she also makes an appearance in Best Wishes. :P

AngelXavier

The Blue Dawg
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2011
    If Isshu is proven to be her region rather than Sinnoh (or some other one), I hope she also makes an appearance in Best Wishes. :P

Off topic, but i would love to see Gary make a return in BestWishes as one of Ash's companion. Like Brock and all?

Note: i just noticed "B"est"W"ishes
    Black White anyone else see this?

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2012
    Well they time line to me is
    Gen 1 is the start
    Gen 2 then a few months later gen 4
    Gen 3 is ?
    Gen 5 is after gen 4 as they mentioned the Giratina capture :)

It's been confirmed that:

RBGY/FRLG and RSE happen concurrently in the same time period (you can actually see child Jasmine in the audiences in RSE contests)

then....

GSC/HGSS and DPPt happen concurrently 3 years later (hence Jasmine appearing in Sunyshore in her GSC/HGSS age)

I do not know when BW happens, but it can inferred it happens closely before or after the events of GSC/HGSS/DPPt as Cynthia and Looker has not changed their overall appearances (clothes, hairstyle, etc.). Usually, characters change their image upon a generation changeover, especially in Pokemon (e.g. gym leaders like Misty/Sabrina from Gen I to II).

Maxite

Ideas and Insanity
    Years
  • Yes AngelXavier: We saw the BW in Best Wishes long ago.

It could also be, that based on the simple geography of the regions (Sinnoh is in Japan, and Isshu is in America), and based on simple economics at play, then it could be possible that Cynthia is not only researching legends, but also looking to buy a home while real estate prices are depressed.

All kidding aside, I'll be interested in seeing the US version and what Cynthia is up to (or someone translating her lines and related lines).

Massai

Lesson The First
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2011
    Off topic, but i would love to see Gary make a return in BestWishes as one of Ash's companion. Like Brock and all?

Note: i just noticed "B"est"W"ishes
    Black White anyone else see this?

I imagine thats more coincidence than anything, but yes, it is rather cute.

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
  • It's been confirmed that:

RBGY/FRLG and RSE happen concurrently in the same time period (you can actually see child Jasmine in the audiences in RSE contests)

then....

GSC/HGSS and DPPt happen concurrently 3 years later (hence Jasmine appearing in Sunyshore in her GSC/HGSS age)

I do not know when BW happens, but it can inferred it happens closely before or after the events of GSC/HGSS/DPPt as Cynthia and Looker has not changed their overall appearances (clothes, hairstyle, etc.). Usually, characters change their image upon a generation changeover, especially in Pokemon (e.g. gym leaders like Misty/Sabrina from Gen I to II).

and who confirmed this?
    just would like to know....

Years
  • Lol, she battles you and has a team of Spiritomb, Milotic, Garchomp, Lucario, Wooguru, and Shibirudon. She only appears in the Spring and Summer time, and you can battle her al you want. In case this wasn't revealed yet.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
  • i've always HATED fighting against Cynthia because of her hax. i swear GameFreak has a "Cynthia clause" where her crit rates are doubled, 70% accuracy moves always hit, one double team from spiritomb = 3 regular double teams and 10% chance of freeze = 50%.

I HATE HATE HATE YOU CYNTHIAAAAAAAA!

Clefairies

I'm always chasing rainbows.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2016
    I like the idea of Cynthia travelling around Isshu, as someone else stated it connects the reigons together and makes logical sense that trainers from other reigons will explore other areas once finished exploring their origin region.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Just wondering... what's her team? Still perfect IVs, I think.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Just wondering... what's her team? Still perfect IVs, I think.

Pretty sure the only Pokemon on her team that had perfect IV's was Garchomp. :P

As for her team:
    Lv.75 Spiritomb, Lv.75 Shibirudon, Lv.75 Milotic, Lv.75 Wargle, Lv.75 Lucario, and a Lv.77 Garchomp

=D

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
  • i really can't wait to face her again! she was the best champ so far!
    although she will lose to my zekrom..

off topic for a min but who is isshus champ during the first run through?

Fushigidane-Chan

Years
  • Pretty sure the only Pokemon on her team that had perfect IV's was Garchomp. :P

No, it was all of them.

I'm pleased to see Cynthia make a reappearance - a fightable one, nonetheless. I wish we could fight Steven and/or Red too, though.

allBlue

legendary cake lover
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 15, 2013
    Meh. Will a moderator change the title as to not give away major spoilers, please?

With all respect to the OP of course, I know you want to share the news with everyone but you also got to respect the wishes of those who don't want to be spoiled with major events in the game.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    To be honest, I think this is a great way to say old characters travel region to region like the anime has the characters do as well. I hope Cynthia is more of a challenge than before for me since I'm all about the challenges. :) Although in DPPt she wasn't so much of a trouble other than her a Garchomp and occassionally her Gastrodon, I'm hoping she'll have a strategic moveset for each of her pokémon and moreover, Garchomp.

For those who are concerned about the title change, I've taken a look at how much of a spoiler the title of this thread is and changed it for those who don't want to be spoiled. Happy Posting!

Bluemoon

Bluemoon
    Years
  • No, it was all of them.

I'm pleased to see Cynthia make a reappearance - a fightable one, nonetheless. I wish we could fight Steven and/or Red too, though.
    Me too... I would like to have all the previous champs to make an appearance in the game... but they wont have a constant place to stay... they would be difficult to find...

Wait is Blue really in the game as well?

Back